Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is anyone interested in cFlyFF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some time ago I worked quite a bit on cFlyFF (called 新飞飞 or FF in China) and I managed to circumvent client checks, implement the packet encryption, edit client files (music, scripts, UI), implement a game file packer/unpacker, enable debug output and more interesting stuff. Note that this allows you to translate the whole client and with enough effort probably even add custom stuff.

Edit: If you don't know cFlyFF, please research it. A good place to start is the . It's a game originally based on eFlyFF/kFlyFF, but it's nothing like it any more. It has its own team of developers that made it a completely different game with much more features than eFlyFF/kFlyFF.

I also have a ton of game packets (probably about 95% of all game packets fully parsed) and I have created a small emulator for cFlyFF with which you can create a character and get ingame and walk around. It's written in C# and it's full of 'TODO' comments, ugly hacks and even some flawed logic, because I mostly made it as a quick tool to understand the game's packet system and some object structure.

I basically abandoned this project due to lack of time and interest. So if anyone is interested in continuing my work, and by this I mean active development, not like eFlyFF/kFlyFF emulators in the past, I might consider releasing all my stuff on it. The only thing I want in return is credit for my work. While most of it is indeed my work, thanks also go out to Duotone, pushedx and Windrius for some help in the early stages of the project.

If there is not enough interest in this and I decide not to release it to the public (which are mostly leechers >.<), but you still think you should have it, please PM me.

Some proof:
Character spawn (emulator):
wKybCuZ - Is anyone interested in cFlyFF? - RaGEZONE Forums

GM command parsing (emulator):
w61kqv1 - Is anyone interested in cFlyFF? - RaGEZONE Forums

GM commands with description (client):
Cf5Wvaj - Is anyone interested in cFlyFF? - RaGEZONE Forums

In-game screenshot 1 (old version of emulator):
vRz1wTD - Is anyone interested in cFlyFF? - RaGEZONE Forums

In-game screenshot 2 (slightly newer version of emulator):
9iaA7t3 - Is anyone interested in cFlyFF? - RaGEZONE Forums

Old client debug log (client with edited scripts):
BERbKQG - Is anyone interested in cFlyFF? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So aside from the features, what else is diffrent with cflyff compared to eflyff/kflyff?

Flyff Developer
Reaction score
I'm interested in this. Maybe not making an actual server out of it (don't have time for that), but I'd certainly like to look at it and mess around a bit.

Ace of Hearts
Reaction score
to be honest I highly doubt any of this to be authentic for quite a number of reasons

1. Being in Cflyff, is in easy task, pictures of being in game are not proof
2. it is easy to fake any of the things you have shown
3. lack of interest? seriously?
4. my bet is that you are going to try to sell it to those who contact you

show proper proof or no one will take you seriously

Last edited:
Banana
Reaction score
I suggest keeping the emulator for yourself. You put the hard work and effort into it, and nobody that uses it will ever be grateful towards you (or deserves it). However, it'd be nice if you posted a development topic for your own personal progress on the project, or a showcase topic. Great job. It's nice seeing developers put effort into projects lately.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
to be honest I highly doubt any of this to be authentic for quite a number of reasons

1. Being in Cflyff, is in easy task, pictures of being in game are not proof
2. it is easy to fake any of the things you have shown
3. lack of interest? seriously?
4. my bet is that you are going to try to sell it to those who contact you

show proper proof or no one will take you seriously

1. True, but look at the environment and the UI. Examples: the character ID is 1, there are no NPCs spawned, there is no chat, there are no system messages, there are no other players, ...
2. The only thing I would know how to fake from the things I mentioned above is the character ID being 1, that would be an easy memory hack. Note that the cFlyFF client is packed with a recent version of Themida, which makes static analysis (to know how to disable object spawn for example) nearly impossible unless you have a lot of RE experience, which I sadly don't.
3. Yes, seriously. I'm a very lazy person. At one moment I just thought that it would be a nearly impossible task to create a working emulator all by myself and translate the whole client all by myself. I tried getting the community to do parts of the translating to basically give me hope, but no one seemed interested enough at the time. (take a look at my previously created threads)
4. I'm not going to sell it, but I have tried it in the past. When I was still planning to finish the project, I contacted an owner of a large FlyFF server and proposed a collaboration on a cFlyFF server. He seemed more interested in getting the cFlyFF cash shop items than hiring me to work on an emulator.

I do believe that you're skeptical about this and I would be glad to provide you with any proof you name. The main reason I'm not just releasing all of this immediately is because I think the community wouldn't accept it in a way that would lead to anything. Most people will just ask questions about it (because they don't have the knowledge to develop it), or would try to use it to rip cFlyFF's items. I have a lot of respect for cFlyFF as a game, so I really don't want people to use my work just to have something unique in their server so they can earn more profit.

~FlyFF DeV~
Reaction score
Nice job there man, but would be cool if you translated something and shown us that so we are sure it's really done ;p

@ Up: Of course he was interested more in items than in emulator because who would want to use just client when he has his own source and can change things the way he wants LoL.

Reaction score
Don't doubt just release it, there is some nice section here with a name uhm "Release" wasn't it ?
There need to be more contribution more new things but who cares about leechers they wont get far with it anyway.
Either release it or not. You can't just separate people from being a leecher or not

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
If you give it to someone, eventually it will get released and you will not get credits, i suggest you release it now and get all the credits for your hard work, and then people can start to develop and play around with this, and you will be the starter of a whole new thing, and when this project gets really big, everyone will remember you as the one who started it all.

If you don't release it and give it to just some people, it might get leaked and all your hard work will go down the drain.

Another option would be what Alder said, just keep developing on it and create your very own thread about your progress and keep developing when you have the time.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Reaction score
If you give it to someone, eventually it will get released and you will not get credits, i suggest you release it now and get all the credits for your hard work, and then people can start to develop and play around with this, and you will be the starter of a whole new thing, and when this project gets really big, everyone will remember you as the one who started it all.

If you don't release it and give it to just some people, it might get leaked and all your hard work will go down the drain.

Another option would be what Alder said, just keep developing on it and create your very own thread about your progress and keep developing when you have the time.

Not get credits... RIIIGHT... just like with Caali's files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back