Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How do everyone code emulator for flyff in different Programming language

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello Im newbie,Im confuse as to how do people code flyff in language they prefer?how do they make emulator in Java, c#, c++?how do they make servers from scratch?Thanks for answer

Sorry for the Noob Questions, Is the game open source?How is everyone making a server from scratch?

Reaction score
This is the wrong section for this, however, to code an emulator you pretty much have to possess knowledge on the game which you're creating one for, the ability to reverse engineer a game client is a plus. In the future, if you become pro programmer, I'd suggest C# or Kotlin tbh. The source for this game has been released and also there's alot of bases that you can download.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not entirely true, the only thing you need is knowledge of the language you are developing in and having some common sense. Like for example the main character is spawning at a certain coordinates in Flaris when created for the first time, you only need to be able to load the game and make your server place them at that exact spot...You can emulate out of pure fantasy! But strongly suggested to know networking, would be alright to know C++, for small scale mmo or even just a proof of concept you can for sure write the server logic in php if you want...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Im newbie,Im confuse as to how do people code flyff in language they prefer?how do they make emulator in Java, c#, c++?how do they make servers from scratch?Thanks for answer

Sorry for the Noob Questions, Is the game open source?How is everyone making a server from scratch?

Well most languages has networking libraries and frameworks, if you know C# use that, if Java then java, and so on. It's a matter of choice dictated by the knowledge someone already has preferred to learning new language environment. That, and many more factors over. For example I know C#, meaning I could say I know Java, both languages are fairly similar, so much that I can for example make the client in C# using Unity for example, and then code the server in Java. If you want more speed out of the server and the client you go for C++, not sure but I think, same applies to pure C

Back