Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Compiled File's Explanation List

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Introduction

Eh, following after mootie's footsteps in bettering the community, I'm going to post a compilation of what each file is used for in terms of basic knowledge for the source folder. This will basically state what each file is used for (in terms of upgrading success, formulas, incorporation of certain modifications, etc). If you need to find something in particular, we'll see if we can find the file to help you.

Process of Knowledge

I'm thinking of doing something where users just post what each file is used for below, and I'll organize the list here, in the thread. I'll describe the file name, the extension, the usage of the file, and the incorporation of this file through other files. I'll basically describe what each file is used for, and what we need to do to make it work with the rest of the files.

* If you have a file that you're knowledgeable of, such as "ItemContainer.h" or resource files, leave a comment describing it.

File Format

File: ItemContainer.h
Usage: Helps manage the usage of items in-game, and is used with most weapon upgrading systems, Baruna etc. This is an extremely useful file found in the source.
File Explained From: Thad
Last Updated On: 1.11.2013

* This is only an example of the file format, and isn't actual information on the file "ItemContainer.h".

File List

File: WndField.cpp
Usage: Used for Navigator in-game, and most in-game windows... no other purposes currently known.
File Explained From: Deviant & Kyota

File: Event.lua
Usage: Can be used to handle in-game system-automated chats or shouts, also handles most events in-game, file is loaded through database server.
File Explained From: Kyota & MisterKid
Last Updated On: 1.16.2013

File: Clipboard.cpp
Usage: Copies text to the clipboard from in-game.
File Explained From: xHeinrich

File: FuncApp.cpp
Usage: Declares Applets (windows) and adds them to the start menu.

File: FuncTextCmd.cpp
Usage: Declares text-based commands (ex. /shout, /players, /______).

File: ITheme.cpp
Usage: Controls all things based around theme.. window-skins, fonts, etc.

File: Tooltip.cpp
Usage: Formatting for the in-game tips.

File: UserTaskBar.cpp
Usage: Controls when the user adds items, skills and text pre-sets to the F-Hotkeys or Skill Slot.

File: Wnd2ndPassword.cpp
Usage: File based around the window for the second password on any particular character.

File: WndAddFriend.cpp
Usage: "Confirmation" window when a new friend adds you (adding a new friend).

File: WndAdminCreateItem.cpp
Usage: Window that arises when an admin is creating an item ( /ci menu ).

File: WndAwakening.cpp
Usage: Interface that pops up when awakening items.

File: WndBagEx.cpp
Usage: Interface that appears when an extra bag is used (or the blanked out extra bag interface).

File: WndBank.cpp
Usage: Interface that appears when the bank is accessed from a character's perspective.

File: WndBase.cpp
Usage: Renders windows. (approximation)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Introduction

Eh, following after mootie's footsteps in bettering the community, I'm going to post a compilation of what each file is used for in terms of basic knowledge for the source folder. This will basically state what each file is used for (in terms of upgrading success, formulas, incorporation of certain modifications, etc). If you need to find something in particular, we'll see if we can find the file to help you.

Process of Knowledge

I'm thinking of doing something where users just post what each file is used for below, and I'll organize the list here, in the thread. I'll describe the file name, the extension, the usage of the file, and the incorporation of this file through other files. I'll basically describe what each file is used for, and what we need to do to make it work with the rest of the files.

* If you have a file that you're knowledgeable of, such as "ItemContainer.h" or resource files, leave a comment describing it.

File Format

Importance: High
Usage: Helps manage the usage of items in-game, and is used with most weapon upgrading systems, Baruna etc. This is an extremely useful file found in the source.
File Explained From: Thad

* This is only an example of the file format, and isn't actual information on the file "ItemContainer.h".

File List

.. awaiting replies. ♥

So...i want to know where are the files which manage the taskbar and the navigator

i <3 C++
Reaction score
So...i want to know where are the files which manage the taskbar and the navigator

the taskbar is released, we know its incomplete but you can take a look for alittle of codes

for navigator WndField.cpp

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Anyways, this will be useful. Perhaps start a doxygen page or something for code documentation.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Anyways, this will be useful. Perhaps start a doxygen page or something for code documentation.

You love me though. ;) I'll see what I can do about doxygen and if you have any files you'd like to contribute, feel free. Your knowledge on these type of things are typically unlimited.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
"Eh, following after mootie's footsteps in bettering the community" and "Thad Recycle Bin". I also have to say no. Unless you want to write out every file in the source wich will take you some weeks. I like your spirit, but no, that is simply not how it works. Surely not by following mootie's footsteps, wich he can tell yu all about... hehe.

Good day,
Worf.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
"Eh, following after mootie's footsteps in bettering the community" and "Thad Recycle Bin". I also have to say no. Unless you want to write out every file in the source wich will take you some weeks. I like your spirit, but no, that is simply not how it works. Surely not by following mootie's footsteps, wich he can tell yu all about... hehe.

Good day,
Worf.

I've had quite enough of you. I've reported you to both Adler and Dragon. Good day, sir.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I also have to say no. Unless you want to write out every file in the source wich will take you some weeks.

Rome was not built in a day, nor was Flyff. Documentation takes time, but is almost essential to help new developers understand the source code(even experienced C++ developers will learn it much faster with proper documentation).

I like your spirit, but no, that is simply not how it works.

Uh no, that is how it works. You don't just jump into code and modify it. That will lead to much more issues than if you've spent time to understand it. Documentation makes it much faster to understand the source.

Also note that Flyff's code was not designed to be modular, which means almost any code modify object. This makes it much harder to write bug-free code.

Surely not by following mootie's footsteps, wich he can tell yu all about... hehe.

What? Making over 95% of the code improvements to the most successful and bug-free Flyff private server yet? Sure, I've made mistakes in both code and in my decisions. I'm guessing you're referring to my decisions, since you wouldn't be able to point out the simplest flaw in code. However, my decisions are irrelevant to this thread or bettering the community. Stop trolling and learn to do something productive with your life.

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of important files depending on what the developer is going to do.
If I'm working to change the attack calculations then I be looking around AttackArbitter.cpp(Something like that If I recall) then that is an importand file. You can't rate them.

Listing some files can be good but won't really matter that much.
Why don't you document everything? Every function of importand files ?
That will be a lot of work tough.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Documentation is one of the most important things to become a good coder. Without it you could even drown in your own code, which (yes which worf, not wich) is undesireable.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I saw this in iflyff source release and woke up my curiosity
Where is located the automatic notices that appears in chat after a time playing
//Edit
Is in Event.lua
Thx to MisterKid

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Updated. Keep the information coming fellas! I'll do a little additional investigation of my own when I'm done with finals week. Keep submitting knowledge, and we'll have a nice list to utilize. We need your help!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
WndField.cpp manage all the windows or at least the most of it
Event.lua also manages the events too

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I know people know about the files, and their usage. If you want to help advance this section, partake in this. It's worth it, I promise you.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
File: clipboard.cpp
Usage: Copies text to the clipboard I would assume

File: FuncApplet.cpp
Usage: Declares applets(windows I would assume) and adds them to the start menu

File: FunctTextCmd.cpp
Usage: Declares text commands such as /shout ect

File: ITheme.cpp
Usage: controlls all things theme, fonts, window skins ect

File: tooltip.cpp
Locaiton: /_Interface/tooltip.cpp
Usage: Formatting for in-game tooltips

File: UserTaskBar.cpp
Usage: controls when the user adds items to the shortcut slots in the taskbar and action slot

File: Wnd2ndPassword.cpp
Usage: Window for the character pin password thing

File: WndAddFriend.cpp
Usage: Confirmation window for adding a friend

File: WndAdmin.cpp
Usage: Unknown

File: WndAdminCreateItem.cpp
Usage: Item Creation window for admins

File: WndAwakening.cpp
Usage: Interface for awakening items

File: WndBagEx.cpp
Usage: Interface for extra bags

File: WndBank.cpp
Usage: Interface for the bank window

File: WndBase.cpp
Usage: Renders windows????

Will continue doing the interface folder if you think that some of these are sufficient. I'm terrible at explaining things :p

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Thank you for the contribution. I'll update the thread when I'm on my laptop later today.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I've updated the original post with all the new file information.

Back