Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Compiled Glitches List

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Reaction score
Introduction

Hello RaGEZONE, I believe the best way the community can help better Flyff private servers is by organizing the known issues that Flyff contains as of v15(clean source). Please make a separate thread if you have ideas on how to fix any of these. However, please, do not release COMPLETE fixes to these issues. That kills the purpose of this project and will only help leechers.

What is a Glitch?

A glitch is a mistake in either code or content that was unintended by the original developer. This doesn't include things like "Flyff is lacking a Pet Filter."

Information Regarding Exploitation

Please refrain from posting technical security exploits in this thread, I'll probably make another thread for that later. I may use the term, "Exploitable", which will refer to gameplay glitches that may be abused to gain advantages over other players. All glitches reported here should be replicatable without external client modifications including, but not limited to: memory, resource, and binary.

Severity Levels:

Critical
High
Medium
Low
Very Low

Compiled Glitch List

Glitch Id: 1
Severity: Critical
Category: Gameplay(Exploitable)
Info: While moving the Neuz window, the game freezes and stops processing logical operations. This can lead to inaccurate position calculations.
Issue reported by: Mootie
Date reported: January 10th, 2012

Glitch Id: 2
Severity: Low
Category: Visual
Info: On some graphical processors, "-0.0f" passed to DirectX will result in graphical errors. Notably in C2DRender::RenderLine.
Date reported: January 10th

Glitch Id: 3
Severity: Medium
Category: Crash
Info: While moving the Neuz window, DirectX will sometimes crash the client. (saying something like "device must exit").

Glitch Id: 4
Severity: High
Category: Gameplay(Exploitable)
Info: If you spin by pressing and holding either "A" or "D" keys, sit down, then release the keys as you stand up, your character will appear as sitting on other players' clients. Can be abused to range attacks farther than they should(only appearing on other player's screens).
Date reported: January 10th

Glitch Id: 5
Severity: Medium
Category: Visual
Info: After moving the Neuz window, a small black border appears at the bottom and right edges of the client window.
Issue reported by: Thad

Glitch Id: 6
Category: Gameplay
Info: When a monster is immobile(0% speed) and you use any items or skills, you will move towards the monster while you remain at the same position on your client. This will result in the player getting hit by the monster, even though the monster appears to be out of range.
Issue reported by: MisterKid

Glitch Id: 7
Info: When a mover is following another mover, occasionally when the follower reaches it's destination, the "move to destination object" command will be canceled on a client's screen(this can happen to any client except for if the active mover is the follower). This causes the follower's mover to appear to stop following even after the followed mover moves out of range, while on the server and possibly other clients, the follower continues following.
Remarks by Mootie: I haven't fixed this issue myself, but I believe it's caused by the way that the client handles mover action commands from the server. Various other issues seem to root from this as well. For example, if a monster is following a player and the monster reaches the destination on the server or client, the monster will stop following(clearing the destination object id). When the player moves out of the monster's range, the server will send a packet(the "follow packet") telling the client that the monster is now following the player again. This is very problematic considering Flyff's networking doesn't synchronize time between the server and the client very well. The monster may reach the player earlier on the server than on the client, or vise versa. This can be caused by latency since Flyff doesn't send timestamps on commands such as set destination object. There might be a quick fix possible, but it would be best to work on improving the network interpolation logic.
Issue reported by: Langstra

Please contribute any issues you find.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I've noticed that occasionally my client screen goes a bit blurred while I'm ingame and then if I move the neuz, a small black border forms around the right and bottom of my client but the screen clears up.

Reaction score
I've noticed that occasionally my client screen goes a bit blurred while I'm ingame and then if I move the neuz, a small black border forms around the right and bottom of my client but the screen clears up.

When you say "goes a bit blurred", do you mean the client freezes(rendering stopped)? I remember this glitch but it's been fixed on eFlyff and the source I work on, so I don't remember all of the details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
When you say "goes a bit blurred", do you mean the client freezes(rendering stopped)? I remember this glitch but it's been fixed on eFlyff and the source I work on, so I don't remember all of the details.

No, it doesn't freeze.. the client just seems to go a bit blurred, not to say like.. it freezes. Mmmm, imagine if you're playing xbox on a 1080p television with HDMI capabilities and then suddenly the resolution drops to 360p.. but when you jiggle the cord, it goes back to 1080p. Such as that.

Reaction score
Attacking rooted monster player position bug

When a monster is rooted for example with satanology and you spam any items/skills you will move towards the monster while on your client you stick on the same position. This wil result the player to get attacked by a monster from a long distance while the monster is rooted.

This bug is known as the satanology position bug by eFlyff players. It ruines the gameplay for the satan Psykeepers who roots and kills with long ranged skill attacks.

This bug has finally been patched in december 2012 at eFlyff.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
When there are a lot of monster trying to attack you they sometimes stop moving and appear to be standing still. However, the truth is that they are still walking behind you trying to kill you. This is mostly common when "AOEing" and you try to collect a lot of monsters.

Reaction score
Please feel free to make remarks on the speculated cause and theoretical solution as I have on Langstra's report.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
When you have killed any monster near a hill or on top, the items get stuck up on top of the hill or close to it, your pick-up pet will just stand there and not pick any other items up until that item has been manually picked up.

Owner
Reaction score
Glitch ID 3.

Neuz crash when moving the window.
I dont know what the solution is just yet.
But i think i know where to look for it. And i am testing things out.

It is in d3dapp.cpp
look at
HRESULT CD3DApplication::HandlePossibleSizeChange()

I am 80% sure this is the function to move the neuz window.

What i tried first is the set the Pause ( true ); to Pause ( false ); but that was not working.
When moving the window the neuz wouldnt respond at all.

I then looked at
if( m_pd3dDevice != NULL )
{
// Reset the 3D environment
if( FAILED( hr = Reset3DEnvironment() ) )
{
if( hr != D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY )
hr = D3DAPPERR_RESETFAILED;
DisplayErrorMsg( hr, MSGERR_APPMUSTEXIT );
}
}

And i commented that part out.
So far it is working. But it dont happen verry often so i keep trying with different resolutions.
To be continued.

p.s. correct me if i am wrong.

Inactive
Reaction score
How about the glitch where your flying and you move left or right to fast or input other keys and the mouse icon itself disappears entirely.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How about the glitch where your flying and you move left or right to fast or input other keys and the mouse icon itself disappears entirely.

Not a glitch i think, ment for those who didn't want to see the mouse pointer and wanted to controll the board all time on the mouse. Just dubbleclick and it revert abck to normal.

Reaction score
I found a unfinished feature in Adept Set
while playing eFlyff I noticed no diffrent having the +20% spell effect or not.
I checked out the source and found out that DST_CAST_CRITICAL_RATE only excist in client to show its label....
Meaning that it only excist as show and is never have been added.

Other v14 accesory sets might have unfinished stat boost as well.

propitemetc.inc

Code:
SetItem		181	IDS_PROPITEMETC_INC_000181
{
	Elem
	{
		II_GEN_JEW_RIN_WATERRING	PARTS_RING1
		II_GEN_JEW_RIN_WATERRING	PARTS_RING2
		II_GEN_JEW_EAR_MAGICRINGEST	PARTS_EARRING1
		II_GEN_JEW_EAR_MAGICRINGEST	PARTS_EARRING2
		II_GEN_JEW_NEC_MPNECKLACEMR	PARTS_NECKLACE1
	}
	Avail
	{
		[COLOR="#FF0000"][B]DST_CAST_CRITICAL_RATE[/B][/COLOR]	20	4
		DST_SPELL_RATE		20	4
		DST_KILL_MP		500	5
	}
}

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I found a unfinished feature in Adept Set
while playing eFlyff I noticed no diffrent having the +20% spell effect or not.
I checked out the source and found out that DST_CAST_CRITICAL_RATE only excist in client to show its label....
Meaning that it only excist as show and is never have been added.

Other v14 accesory sets might have unfinished stat boost as well.

propitemetc.inc

Code:
SetItem		181	IDS_PROPITEMETC_INC_000181
{
	Elem
	{
		II_GEN_JEW_RIN_WATERRING	PARTS_RING1
		II_GEN_JEW_RIN_WATERRING	PARTS_RING2
		II_GEN_JEW_EAR_MAGICRINGEST	PARTS_EARRING1
		II_GEN_JEW_EAR_MAGICRINGEST	PARTS_EARRING2
		II_GEN_JEW_NEC_MPNECKLACEMR	PARTS_NECKLACE1
	}
	Avail
	{
		[COLOR="#FF0000"][B]DST_CAST_CRITICAL_RATE[/B][/COLOR]	20	4
		DST_SPELL_RATE		20	4
		DST_KILL_MP		500	5
	}
}

Good find. So the solve for that would be relatively simple, I'd think. Find out where all of the other effects are created and programmed, and then program in that effect.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Glitch Id: 7
Info: When a mover is following another mover, occasionally when the follower reaches it's destination, the "move to destination object" command will be canceled on a client's screen(this can happen to any client except for if the active mover is the follower). This causes the follower's mover to appear to stop following even after the followed mover moves out of range, while on the server and possibly other clients, the follower continues following.
Remarks by Mootie: I haven't fixed this issue myself, but I believe it's caused by the way that the client handles mover action commands from the server. Various other issues seem to root from this as well. For example, if a monster is following a player and the monster reaches the destination on the server or client, the monster will stop following(clearing the destination object id). When the player moves out of the monster's range, the server will send a packet(the "follow packet") telling the client that the monster is now following the player again. This is very problematic considering Flyff's networking doesn't synchronize time between the server and the client very well. The monster may reach the player earlier on the server than on the client, or vise versa. This can be caused by latency since Flyff doesn't send timestamps on commands such as set destination object. There might be a quick fix possible, but it would be best to work on improving the network interpolation logic.
Issue reported by: Langstra

Please contribute any issues you find.

This sounds like how messed up the flying follow system is, probably worth gathering info on. Problems range from absolute position lag resulting in getting stuck behind an object when you were sure it was clear, to everyone around you disappearing and being able to follow no-one. One of the most frustratingly ironic aspects of this silly game.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If you enter just " in the game chat, the game might recognize it as part of a command and output an error message.

This should include the filename whatsoever, the chat doesn't have a filename ofc. Issue: The game crashes.

( May also be a fault that only happened on my Bins , though this bug still exists even if not caused . )

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Whats about the good old disguise & facechange glitch where the model gets really messed up if change your face while using disguise ?

Back