Rhisis - C# Emulator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    26Posts

Re: Rhisis - C# Emulator

Hello !

Things are going pretty well for the NPC Shop system! My boy Luda is now selling some good stuff. At the moment, we can only open the NPC shops. Next step will be to buy and then sell items. :)

MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    26Posts

Hello!

There's some news about this weekend's development.

We can now buy items at NPC shops. Gold is also updated when we buy items. Next step is to be able to sell items and update the player's gold.

Spoiler:

MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    26Posts

Hello everyone!

There's the news for the week.
    I've finish the NPC shop system, and we can sell items and get our gold back.

Plus, I've also started the NPC dialog system and it's almost done. I didn't made the NPC oral text yet, because it requires the IA system. We are currently thinking about how we are going to make this system to allow developers to create their own IA easily.

Spoiler:

MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    26Posts

Hello everyone!

It's news time for Rhisis!I've been working on the map system. A map is now a context that contains the players, npc and a list of MapLayers. A map layer ony contains the monsters (for now...).This will be useful when we will introduce the dungeon instances or even or Azria and Coral island.

Still need to optimize the system and update the database structure to introduce the MapLayerId field for each characters.

On the other hand, Steve has been working on the Trade system and it's almost complete. We can start a trade, drop items and gold.

That's all for this week!

MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    26Posts

Hi everyone!

Some news about Rhisis... The Trade system is finished, so players can now trade items and gold. :)
    Also, we have added a new chat command: /teleport (also works when you double click on the navigator)

We are now doing some code cleaning, and thinking about a way to make the IA system in the most efficient way possible.

Bonus: We are thinking about opening a test server, this help us get more feedbacks as possible, fix the bugs, and make Rhisis the most stable emulator. :)

MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    26Posts

Hi everyone !

There's some news about the project. We are almost done with the map instance and layer system and we will begin soon the IA system along with a little optimization of the entity management on each layers.In fact, every layer will have a list of "monster regions" (those we find in the .rgn file) that will be active when the player's visibility range intersects the region. If there is no more players, we are thinking on disposing the region after 5 minutes with no players.

This will help reducing the CPU consumption and avoid having to update monster's IA when there is no player around.

Cheers,
    Eastrall

MemberRank
    Oct 2008 Join Date
    192.168.1.1Location
    113Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eastrall View Post
    I personally nerver played the old version of FlyFF and for Rhisis I didn't planned an old-school version.

One thing I can confirm, is that with the current architecture, we can "easily" create the old school system and create a configuration property that says : "oldSchool: true" to activate the old school mode for example.

What are the main features/systems of V6/7 ?

I'll take a look at Rune emulator when I have time.
    what i like about the v6 version before is the knock back :))) good old days
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quenching your Never Ending Thirst for FUN!
    -ScHooL mOde again-

MemberRank
    Nov 2009 Join Date
    20Posts

I can host a Flyff V6/7 Server with a old c++ Emulator, if you want to test the old Version.
    I think the packets are different in the old versions, so it would not be that easy to switch from version 15 to version 6/7.
    The idea and structure of the Rhisis emulator is realy nice, but i only play on the oldschool flyff version :)

MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    26Posts

Yes @Invitation, you are probably right about this. Let's keep in mind that Rhisis targets a V15 for now... Still a lot to do! And I have some news !

After a long time of thinking, I have finally started the IA system. The correct term in Rhisis context is "Behavior". In fact, each living entity in the world have a behavior.
    For example, for a monster, his behavior would be to randomly move in his region, attack a player if he's attacked, run away in some cases, etc...

The behavior system is really flexible and allows you to create your OWN behaviors for a specific monster. Let's take an exemple for the Clockwork entity :
    Code:
        /// <summary>
        /// Behavior for Clockwork. (MI_CLOCKWORK1)
        /// </summary>
        [Behavior(164)]
        public class ClocksworkBehavior : IBehavior<IMonsterEntity>
        {
            public void Update(IMonsterEntity entity)
            {
                // TODO: implement Clockwork's IA
            }
        }
    In this code, we define a new class that inherits from the "IBehavior<T>" class. The "T" type should be an IEntity type, in our case, a IMonsterEntity.
    Then, we just add the [Behavior] tag on top of the class. This attribute, defines this class as a behavior and you can specify the target mover id which will own this behavior. You can add the same behavior for multiple monsters, like:

Code:
    [Behavior(20)] // small aibatt
    [Behavior(21)] // normal aibatt
    [Behavior(22)] // captain aibatt
    public class AibattBehavior : IBehavior<IMonsterEntity>
    {
        public void Update(IMonsterEntity entity)
        {
             // TODO: update aibatt's behavior
        }
    }
    It's up to you now to create some nice behaviors...

That's all for today!

Cheers,
    Eastrall

MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    26Posts

Hello everyone !

Long time I didn't post here. I've done some progress with the behavior system. Now the monsters can move randomly in their spawn region and the NPC can now talk !
    Little proof in image:

Spoiler:

Next step will be to stabilize all this systems and finally start, the "BATTLE SYSTEM" along with skills and drop items ;)

I also openned a community forum for the Rhisis project where we will post tutorials, share ideas and have a bug tracker. The idea behind this is to centralize all the information about the Rhisis project. Plus it will be useful when we will launch the beta server and have feedback from users.
    If you are interesting, there is the link : Home | Rhisis Project

Cheers,
    Eastrall

MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    26Posts

Hello everyone !

I wrote a guide about creating systems and contributing to Rhisis.

How to contribute to Rhisis | Rhisis Project
    How to implement a new system | Rhisis Project

If you are interested, you can now contribute easily. You just need to read the guides :)

MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    26Posts

Hello everyone!

There's some news about the project: I have completed the follow system. Now, you can follow other players! This system has been made before the battle system, because as you may know, when you attack a monster, it follows you... So now, it will be easier to make the battle system, because we don't have to care anymore about the follow system during the battles!

Plus, I have created another guide to help you create chat commands : How to implement a chat command | Rhisis Project

Cheers,
    Eastrall

MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    26Posts

Hello everyone !

Hope you are all OK ! There is some news about the project. Things are getting interesting!

Today, we had 3 Pull requests merged and 3 other are awaiting verification.

These are the merged changes:
    - PR #90 : Send messages to client when inventory is full
    - PR #95 : Add an extra parameter to the ChatCommand attribute. We can now specify the authority needed to execute the chat command
    - PR #97 : Disable 2nd password verification (boolean in configuration file)

- PR #92 : Discussion about the friend system. We can actually send a friend request to an other player.
    - PR #94 : Correct the SendDefinedText method to send the correct text (and discussion about the formated text)
    - PR #98 : Global fixes from Skeatwin, our new colaborator on this project!

Many thanks to Yothri for the pull requests he has made today and hope his work will inspire others to contribute to Rhisis! Don't forget, Rhisis is an open-source project built by the FlyFF community for the FlyFF community.
    Don't be afraid to contribute, if you do a mistake, we will help you solve it.

Cheers,
    Eastrall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement