[GUIDE] RUN SERVER IN WINDOWS 7 (odbc setup)

MemberRank
    Aug 2006 Join Date
    Inside the ServLocation
    117Posts

thumbs up [GUIDE] RUN SERVER IN WINDOWS 7 (odbc setup)

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

It has been more 5 years since i worked on a3. However i was helping my friend with some ollydbg work for his private server and tried to setup BDE on my win7 64 bit system and experienced a few problems and found out that many people are having trouble with the same. So herez a guide on how to run a3 server on ur win7 64 bit edition. I will try my best to add in everything. Please dont ask for further help as this guide itself is self explanatory.

Before trying to raise a proper server there are a few things that you need to know..

The Borland Database Engine that a3 uses was created before windows 7 64 bit editions and thus the game does not know where to look for them. ( installation directories ).

The installation paths are different in 64 and 32 bit machines
    for example.. for a 32 bit system it is C:\Program files
    for a 64 bit it is c:\Program Files (x86)

So when BDE installs, it goes to (x86) and our reg file doesnt read them as they are traditionally made to work under 32 bit. So if you if some tweaks you can achieve success. But i wont be covering how to change installation locations.. However i am going to show u how to create your ODBCs using 64 bit and BDE without changing the path of installation.

STEPS:

1. Install BDE for win 7 from here..
    BDEInfoSetup.rar

2. Install your BDE and make sure to keep in mind where u installed it ( default is C:\Program Files ( x86)\BDE blah blah blah... In my case it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Common Files\BDE
    3. After successfully setting up ur server databases and other stuff thats involved upto adding your BDE, you follow the below given instructions to make ur DB_ports ( 7770 8880 9990 ) work..

4. Go to ur Borland Database Engine folder in my case it is
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Common Files\BDE
    and open BDE ADMIN.

5. Go to objects and select ODBC ADMINISTRATOR and select SYSTEM DSN.
    6. Click ADD and go to SQL SERVER, and click finish. a small window will appear that says Create a New Data Source to SQL Server..
    7. In name put in A3ItemEvent in Server add in your server name just click the drop down and your can find yours.
    8. Now click next and choose the 2nd option. Next is u type in ur sa and password and click next
    9. Change the Default database to FriendDB and click next
    10. Click next, next and finish it.. Do the same process for the following

A3Friend = FriendDB
    A3RcvResult = A3ItemEvent
    A3SerialList = A3ItemEvent
    ASD = ASD
    EventA3 = ASD
    FriendDB = FriendDB
    HSDB = HSDB
    LETTERDB = ASD
    LocalServer = ASD
    Login202 = ASD
    NEWASD = ASD

After finishing go to d:\a3server\DB_PORTS ( or whatever just go to ur db ports 7770 8880 9990 and start them and see what happens )...

Please pm in you need any help.. Like for more guides on hex\ollydbg for a3.

Added screens

Regards
    Sandy

True MemberRank
    Jan 2008 Join Date
    IndiaLocation
    708Posts

Re: [GUIDE] RUN SERVER IN WINDOWS 7 (odbc setup)

It was really very appreciating effort people out here will love it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MemberRank
    Aug 2006 Join Date
    Inside the ServLocation
    117Posts

happy Re: [GUIDE] RUN SERVER IN WINDOWS 7 (odbc setup)

Quote Originally Posted by onyourrisk View Post
    It was really very appreciating effort people out here will love it
    Thanks for replying.. Just wanted to let people know about the walk arounds.. Will soon post more tutorials..

MemberRank
    May 2011 Join Date
    PrickLocation
    39Posts

You need to change a little in SQL ( in case u using SQL 2008) for a3 serial I have seen many people facing problem with this!
    AND also u need to make a LITTLE changes in ODBC.reg
    Ps- Great effort mate . Quite good explanatory :)

MemberRank
    Aug 2012 Join Date
    2Posts

"5. Go to objects and select ODBC ADMINISTRATOR and select SYSTEM DSN."

Sir in this step when ever i click on system DSN it gives as "you have logged on with non administrator privialges.System dsn's cannot be created or modified"

the same error comes even if i gv run as administrator...
    one more thing is tat i hav oly 1 user tat is admin...

i am using windows 7 32-bit os...

some 1 plz help me...
    thank you

True MemberRank
    Jan 2007 Join Date
    Gurgaon, IndiaLocation
    515Posts

I don't have windows 7 installed but I guess that the first Google result for the Quoted text you posted should have solved your problem.
    Let me google that for you!
    Read Rules before posting.

A3 Section Rules
    War Inc Section Rules
    Ran Online Section Rules

Please Don't PM me offers. I will never work for money. If you want help, ask using the forums.

Regards,
    Prot

InactiveRank
    Feb 2013 Join Date
    10Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mav3r1cksandy View Post
    It has been more 5 years since i worked on a3. However i was helping my friend with some ollydbg work for his private server and tried to setup BDE on my win7 64 bit system and experienced a few problems and found out that many people are having trouble with the same. So herez a guide on how to run a3 server on ur win7 64 bit edition. I will try my best to add in everything. Please dont ask for further help as this guide itself is self explanatory.

Before trying to raise a proper server there are a few things that you need to know..

The Borland Database Engine that a3 uses was created before windows 7 64 bit editions and thus the game does not know where to look for them. ( installation directories ).

The installation paths are different in 64 and 32 bit machines
    for example.. for a 32 bit system it is C:\Program files
    for a 64 bit it is c:\Program Files (x86)

So when BDE installs, it goes to (x86) and our reg file doesnt read them as they are traditionally made to work under 32 bit. So if you if some tweaks you can achieve success. But i wont be covering how to change installation locations.. However i am going to show u how to create your ODBCs using 64 bit and BDE without changing the path of installation.

STEPS:

1. Install BDE for win 7 from here..
    BDEInfoSetup.rar

2. Install your BDE and make sure to keep in mind where u installed it ( default is C:\Program Files ( x86)\BDE blah blah blah... In my case it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Common Files\BDE
    3. After successfully setting up ur server databases and other stuff thats involved upto adding your BDE, you follow the below given instructions to make ur DB_ports ( 7770 8880 9990 ) work..

4. Go to ur Borland Database Engine folder in my case it is
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Common Files\BDE
    and open BDE ADMIN.

5. Go to objects and select ODBC ADMINISTRATOR and select SYSTEM DSN.
    6. Click ADD and go to SQL SERVER, and click finish. a small window will appear that says Create a New Data Source to SQL Server..
    7. In name put in A3ItemEvent in Server add in your server name just click the drop down and your can find yours.
    8. Now click next and choose the 2nd option. Next is u type in ur sa and password and click next
    9. Change the Default database to FriendDB and click next
    10. Click next, next and finish it.. Do the same process for the following

A3Friend = FriendDB
    A3RcvResult = A3ItemEvent
    A3SerialList = A3ItemEvent
    ASD = ASD
    EventA3 = ASD
    FriendDB = FriendDB
    HSDB = HSDB
    LETTERDB = ASD
    LocalServer = ASD
    Login202 = ASD
    NEWASD = ASD

After finishing go to d:\a3server\DB_PORTS ( or whatever just go to ur db ports 7770 8880 9990 and start them and see what happens )...

Please pm in you need any help.. Like for more guides on hex\ollydbg for a3.

Added screens

Regards
    Sandy
    My Server is Running But it does not show server name in Drop Down list. I have done rest all things just stuck @ this step.

MemberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    3Posts

guys i cant create the DB-ports i followed all steps, pls help me

True MemberRank
    Jan 2007 Join Date
    Gurgaon, IndiaLocation
    515Posts

Can you please post some screenshots of the error or tell us what exact error you are facing?
    Read Rules before posting.

A3 Section Rules
    War Inc Section Rules
    Ran Online Section Rules

Please Don't PM me offers. I will never work for money. If you want help, ask using the forums.

Regards,
    Prot

Advertisement