Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ELU Blender Exporter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Were is the Scripts Directory? Is it just within the Blendor folder in program files? Also the "Update Menus" can be found if u click the top left button (Window type) with the big i (user preferences)(or what ever U have it on) and then change it to "Scripts Window" (The snake one) click Scripts/Update Menus.

EDIT:
Nvm found directory, It was in the application data directory for Blendor, So I reinstalled it so the scripts would go into the program files directory cause I felt like it.

EDIT:
Hmm I get an error when trying to import using your importer. I downloaded the newest one on the list. I have python 2.5.2 I believe
Error = "Python script error: check console" **Trying to import newest dual swords from ijji (maybe too new of an elu)

EDIT:
I imported the Golden Dragon Sword elu but then it says it couldnt find the dds (which was right beside it), It exported but as a 8kb file instead of like 14 kb (original), and ingame the model fails to load (that white crazy lines stuff when the weapon.xml entry succesfully loads but the elu doesnt)
Im gonna try importing and exporting different elu versions. Like the GDS is the version before they introduced alpha information in their elus, Maybe Ill try one that supports alpha, etc. But thats tommorow. (good night)
** I also tried exporting the GDS with a random sphere attached to it but it exported as a 80 byte elu>.>

Last edited:
Adrian - Gunz Addict
Reaction score
so what are the steps that u took 2 make the cube? just made it then? exported gunz .elu? and saved? thats what i did and it saved as .elu but i have no where to test :| do i really have 2 edit zitem? :s

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
so what are the steps that u took 2 make the cube? just made it then? exported gunz .elu? and saved? thats what i did and it saved as .elu but i have no where to test :| do i really have 2 edit zitem? :s
ugh, no. you can simply change any .elu to the name of it but this may create wierd uneccesarry effects,however if you intend on making it a sword then go ahead ^^

to phantom
when i imported a sword i edited it abit making it look like a scimitar as a test then i export it and i get a console error when trying to export it as its own kind..

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hmm I get an error when trying to import using your importer. I downloaded the newest one on the list. I have python 2.5.2 I believe
Error = "Python script error: check console" **Trying to import newest dual swords from ijji (maybe too new of an elu)

What is the error displayed in the console?

I imported the Golden Dragon Sword elu but then it says it couldnt find the dds (which was right beside it), It exported but as a 8kb file instead of like 14 kb (original), and ingame the model fails to load (that white crazy lines stuff when the weapon.xml entry succesfully loads but the elu doesnt)
Im gonna try importing and exporting different elu versions. Like the GDS is the version before they introduced alpha information in their elus, Maybe Ill try one that supports alpha, etc. But thats tommorow. (good night)
** I also tried exporting the GDS with a random sphere attached to it but it exported as a 80 byte elu>.>

i have no idea what a golden dragon sword is... file names are more helpful.

huh?

when i imported a sword i edited it abit making it look like a scimitar as a test then i export it and i get a console error when trying to export it as its own kind..

file? can't help if i can't test it myself.

Adrian - Gunz Addict
Reaction score
when u made the cube, and u showed that code, were did u change that version 4 to version 5? why did you even do that? does that have to be done, i really wouldnt know cause i have nowhere to test so wondering....

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
when u made the cube, and u showed that code, were did u change that version 4 to version 5? why did you even do that? does that have to be done, i really wouldnt know cause i have nowhere to test so wondering....

Different versions export more or less details about the model. You can determine the version by viewing the file in a hex editor at offset 0x04 or the 5th byte (Version 4 in the screenshot below). So far I've came by versions 4, 5, 6, 7 but I'm sure there are others but I don't have time to open all files. The importer will display an error if the file is not one of the known versions and I'd appreciate being informed.

Phantom* - ELU Blender Exporter - RaGEZONE Forums

The greater the version the more padding there is between structures which you can see by a group of 00's in a hex editor. Could be some space holder for the future.

All versions include the basics: textured material, vertices (coordinates), triangle faces (vertex indices, uv coordinates, unknowns)

Versions 5 to 7 include a little more: vertex normals, vertex colors, vertex groups and weights (for animations) only if they exist.

Don't be discouraged to look at gunz_import/export.py source code. It explains everything in more detail. I used long descriptive variable names and if you know your vectors, vertices, faces, etc. it should be easy to follow.

When you export after selecting a file name an export options pop-up block will ask for the version you want to use.

FYI when you import the console/terminal will contain debug information which may come in handy for non-developers.

Reverse Engineer
Reaction score
I wonder what Legion would have to say about all this. Would be nice to know his own insight since he was the first to view them, although not to this extent(Remember Gunz Entropy anyone?).

Adrian - Gunz Addict
Reaction score
Different versions export more or less details about the model. You can determine the version by viewing the file in a hex editor at offset 0x04 or the 5th byte (Version 4 in the screenshot below). So far I've came by versions 4, 5, 6, 7 but I'm sure there are others but I don't have time to open all files. The importer will display an error if the file is not one of the known versions and I'd appreciate being informed.

The greater the version the more padding there is between structures which you can see by a group of 00's in a hex editor. Could be some space holder for the future.

All versions include the basics: textured material, vertices (coordinates), triangle faces (vertex indices, uv coordinates, unknowns)

Versions 5 to 7 include a little more: vertex normals, vertex colors, vertex groups and weights (for animations) only if they exist.

Don't be discouraged to look at gunz_import/export.py source code. It explains everything in more detail. I used long descriptive variable names and if you know your vectors, vertices, faces, etc. it should be easy to follow.

When you export after selecting a file name an export options pop-up block will ask for the version you want to use.

FYI when you import the console/terminal will contain debug information which may come in handy for non-developers.

oh cause i imported as version 4 and exported as version 5 :scared: thnx for that though.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I don't know if Phantom's script shows the version number at any point, but here's something I made:

Code:
// file: eluver.cpp
// usage: eluver file.elu
// output: elu version number
// made by peaceofpi
// inspired by Phantom*
#include <cstdio>
#include <cstdlib>

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
    const offset = 5;
    unsigned char line[offset];
    if (argv[1] == NULL) {
        printf("ERROR: No file specified\n");
        return EXIT_FAILURE;
    }

FILE *elu = fopen(argv[1],"rb");
    if (elu != NULL) {
        fread(line,sizeof(unsigned char),offset,elu);
        printf("%d",int(line[offset-1]));
    } else {
        printf("ERROR: Cannot open %s\n",argv[1]);
        return EXIT_FAILURE;
    }
    fclose(elu);
    return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

Keep in mind this doesn't check if the second argument is actually an ELU file, so if you're so inclined you can find the fifth byte of anything. I'll edit later with results of looking for more versions.
edit: I'd say you're right about 4,5,6,7 being the only ones, but I'll give it a harder look later.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
file? can't help if i can't test it myself.
well the file is Katana01.elu
located in model.mrs/weapon/katana
the katana is a classical gunz weapon and it has been around since gunz its self.

The beer?? Its here !!!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
First of all Phantom great work on the elu exporter. :thumbup::thumbup:

But i have tried it with katana03, edited it alittle bit, and see the results.

The character is holding the weapon on the wrong place. Any suggestions how to solve it?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I don't know if Phantom's script shows the version number at any point, but here's something I made:

Code:
// file: eluver.cpp
// usage: eluver file.elu
// output: elu version number
// made by peaceofpi
// inspired by Phantom*
#include <cstdio>
#include <cstdlib>

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
    const offset = 5;
    unsigned char line[offset];
    if (argv[1] == NULL) {
        printf("ERROR: No file specified\n");
        return EXIT_FAILURE;
    }

FILE *elu = fopen(argv[1],"rb");
    if (elu != NULL) {
        fread(line,sizeof(unsigned char),offset,elu);
        printf("%d",int(line[offset-1]));
    } else {
        printf("ERROR: Cannot open %s\n",argv[1]);
        return EXIT_FAILURE;
    }
    fclose(elu);
    return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}
Keep in mind this doesn't check if the second argument is actually an ELU file, so if you're so inclined you can find the fifth byte of anything. I'll edit later with results of looking for more versions.
edit: I'd say you're right about 4,5,6,7 being the only ones, but I'll give it a harder look later.

Good contribution for others. I will be adding the version number to the debug output of the importer aswell as other extras. I have written a script that traverses the directories checking for unknown versions and these are the results on my system.

<Version>: <File_Count>

*.ELU.ANI:
0x1001: 289
0x1003: 639

*.ELU (No unknown versions found):
0x5004: 1
0x5005: 79
0x5006: 15
0x5007: 146

As you can see from the results version 4 and 6 are rarely used.

well the file is Katana01.elu
located in model.mrs/weapon/katana
the katana is a classical gunz weapon and it has been around since gunz its self.

Could you try this exported katana before I upload any new code.

First of all Phantom great work on the elu exporter.

But i have tried it with katana03, edited it alittle bit, and see the results.

The character is holding the weapon on the wrong place. Any suggestions how to solve it?

Yes I believe I know what I've missed to code :p

Adrian - Gunz Addict
Reaction score
i tested it the katana1.elu but u didnt edit the model, u just like changed its color idk what happened there :O:

im having trouble editing the elu then seeing it ingame... i mean i import the elu, edit it exporter as version 5, then test it ingame, nothing. invisible but its still there you just cant see it\

when ever i edit the model it doesnt come out.... so i dont think the exporter is working right. besides for that cube u made :s doesnt work.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back