Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GunzCord - Discord bot for GunZ

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been working on a discord bot for Gunz, and I'd like to now preview it.
I've only been working on it for a short period of time, but plan to continue development and release it at some point in the future, please let me know about features that should be added. Keep in mind this is a learning project for me, and that all constructive criticism is welcome.

It's written in C#, NET Framework 4.7

Packages used:
Json.NET -
Discord.NET -
SqlTableDependency -
AsyncDataAdapter -

Features:
Complete async
Anti-sql injection
Account info(minimal)
UGradeID config & parsing
ClanWar match logging
Server status
Online player count
Clan leaderboard
Character info
Clan info

Preview:
tGFr0DT - GunzCord - Discord bot for GunZ - RaGEZONE Forums

Release thread:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f245/gunzcord-discord-bot-gunz-1148113/#post8873253

Thanks yall

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
I've added more features in. I might start finishing a .NET Core implementation of the Gunz packet system that was started by a friend awhile ago.
I'm running out of features to implement for the bot, if anyone has some very good suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks for the support so far, more to come

Retired modder
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Very nice!
I support this development :)

Reaction score
Clan leaderboard now only displays the top 3 clans. Discord has message limits, oh well.
Everything is now asynchronous, some queries have improved and pull more information. Configuration now has fields for specifying the values for Admin, GM, Banned, and Normal UGrade. This is for servers that have different admin, gm, etcetc values, and small fixes and checks..

Thanks for the support still, more coming..

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Seriously? Remarkable how whenever I come here I see old friends and colleagues still working on the game "we all love to hate".

This is pretty creative and people are gonna love it, since Discord is now the primary gaming comms.

Good luck, and keep it up!

Reaction score
Code base has been rewritten and is now more extensible, organized, and clear to read. Various bug fixes and performance improvements. Adding commands is a lot easier. Clan Leaderboard command has been fixed to not spam the discord channel and configuration now has a field for specifying the amount of clans to pull for the Clan Leaderboard command.

I've decided to make the project open source. Github repo will be available soon.

Thanks for the support so far everyone, looking forward to seeing what y'all do with the bot later! Goodluck!

Edit:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
GunzCord Discord bot for GunZ

I also tried and failed but managed to make one for my community after using a program on steam called discord bot maker it does some of the more complicated code for you and is actually really good when i got my bot up

Be a kicker than cheater.
Reaction score
Just to make this thread more alive. I really wanted to reply, since my mind trying to think again and I remember NPC and trying to think something. Oh yeah, again, Bots is better to make Gunz also alive, and no bored playing with them. I know this is possible, but kind of very hard but if it will happen, kind of hard to make a bot-hard-level with kstyle perfect skill.

Reaction score
Just to make this thread more alive. I really wanted to reply, since my mind trying to think again and I remember NPC and trying to think something. Oh yeah, again, Bots is better to make Gunz also alive, and no bored playing with them. I know this is possible, but kind of very hard but if it will happen, kind of hard to make a bot-hard-level with kstyle perfect skill.

You are talking about something completely different.... his bot has nothing to do with advanced npc.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I've only been working on it for a short period of time, but plan to continue development and release it at some point in the future, please let me know about features that should be added. Keep in mind this is a learning project for me, and that all constructive criticism is welcome.

Packages used:
Json.NET -
Discord.NET -
SqlTableDependency -
AsyncDataAdapter -

Features:
Complete async
Anti-sql injection
Account info(minimal)
ClanWar match logging
Server status
Online player count
Clan leaderboard
Character info
Clan info

Preview:

Release thread:

Thanks yall

I'm trying to use your code and that of emisand and it only grabs me the clan war ads. but not to consult characters and in fact no command or the !online nothing can you help me?.

Attachments

Reaction score
The DiscordNET API is a bit outdated, and will have issues recongizing commands due to the API version not supporting Gateway Intents that were added by Discord.

For those who are just now using this project, you will need to update the DiscordNET, Json, and Log4Net packages, and add Gateway Intents support. An issue has been opened on the repository for updating the API, not sure if Emisand will do that anytime soon though.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

Packages used:
Json.NET -
Discord.NET -
SqlTableDependency -
AsyncDataAdapter -

Features:
Complete async
Anti-sql injection
Account info(minimal)
ClanWar match logging
Server status
Online player count
Clan leaderboard
Character info
Clan info

Preview:

Release thread:

Thanks yall
excelent bro.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The DiscordNET API is a bit outdated, and will have issues recongizing commands due to the API version not supporting Gateway Intents that were added by Discord.

For those who are just now using this project, you will need to update the DiscordNET, Json, and Log4Net packages, and add Gateway Intents support. An issue has been opened on the repository for updating the API, not sure if Emisand will do that anytime soon though.
recongizing

Back