Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Project "Saving Gunz" a Professional remake

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, first thanks for the big community since the game released and still there are People online after this years who comes with ideas, typing tutorials and posting new stuff ore just play the Game, with very impressive skills that can blow your mind!
I thank Ragezone to hold this huge community!

For the lazy people some answer;
I create a Game with the GunZ gameplay.
The Gameplay will be like in GunZ 1
Informations and Pictures below.
Sorry about my bad English i hope you understand it.

Informations:
About me;
I´m working right now in my free time on my new Project, called Saving GunZ.
My age is 22 and i life right now in Austria, there are nice landscapes and huge mouton's who gives me inspiration all the time.
I call myself an Artist but i just like to Development and Design Games.
I work in my own Studio using Blender, Max, Photoshop and Unity Engine with MonoDevelop to get a Game to life!

About the Project;
Like the title, it will be GunZ with new Graphic, new Interface based on DX11 frame synchronization(0.02 timestep).
Real-time light and shadow system.
Realistic effects who interact with the Player and the Local map.
The basic Movements will be the same like in the original.
A full based Mechanism Movement without a root Transform.
I added Physics right now, that means you can interact with Objects.
it will be Online and Free to play.
I think about a "Server Select Screen" so you can play on every server who is available in the Network.
You can add your own Server to the Network, what you think about it?

When can i Play it?
I will release the Alpha in like a Month.
The alpha is just to test stuff and get feedback.
But finely it comes out when it comes out, but it comes to 100%.
The Download Link will be in this Thread.

Why i post this right now?
I spend a lord of time in this Project and i like to talk about it first.
What you think about it?
What will you change?
What you like in Gunz?
What you don´t like in Gunz?
You can help me to create this game!
Post your Ideas about anything what you like to see in the remake!
Just let me know.
If you want to help me in some ways, just PN me.

Version 0.7
- Watch the Video
- Smoother Animations
- New Weapon System
- Physic based Ground Detection
- New Camera System
- Setting up the Updater
- Setting up the Network
- Add a Multiplayer
- Intro
- Setting up the Versions Control
- Remake the Basic Movement

Old Versions:
Version 0.3.2
- Fixed some Wall Run Bugs
- Fixed some Gravity setups
- Added Wall Jump Forward
(Something is wrong with the Photo colors, idk)
- Added Wall Jump Backward
- Added Wall Jump Left
- Added Wall Jump Right

Version 0.3.1
- Wall Run Forward

- Wall Run Forward Backflip cancel

- Wall Run Forward Frontflip cancel

- Fixed Wall Run Bugs

Version 0.3
Wall Run Right Start:

Wall Run Right:

Wall Run Save Right:

Wall Run Jump Right:

Version 0.2.9
- Added Camera Effects

- Added Wall Run Right
- Added Wall Run Left
- Added Wall Run Saver (See Pictures)
- Added Wall Run Jump
- Fixed Dash Bugs
- Fixed Jump Bugs

Version 0.1.1
Dash Animations(Sword):

Falling Animations(Sword):

Idle Sword:

Version 0.1;
Just a little overview:
- Added Basic Movements
- Added Basic Animations
- Added Basic Mechanism
- Created a Test level
- Created a Test Model

Just a little view:

Last edited:
DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The unfortunate truth is that nobody cares about the graphics in GunZ. Most people play with Archetype settings on in the first place.
Not to bash your thread, any development is great, but only if it actually gets to the release phase.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The unfortunate truth is that nobody cares about the graphics in GunZ. Most people play with Archetype settings on in the first place.
Not to bash your thread, any development is great, but only if it actually gets to the release phase.

The first idea was to Transform gunz in a modern Engine to get a nice workflow with.
For me personally is it more effective to start on the ground and build up to.
But this is just my way i dont like to build around the kernel and "mod the mod" you know what i mean...
The graphic is just a little +

Well it become the release, any ideas about change stuff?
I can add something like a Space Dash by pressing space 2 times, that will be cool.

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
what exactly do you mean by server select? Do you mean the system it already has in place, or do you mean it as in the different pservers out?

Also about the interacting with objects, what exactly do you mean by that? Like what they tried doing with GunZ 2?

Also pretty much what wesman said, a lot of people use archetype already and don't care about graphics. So, as long as you're okay with it since this is your work, id focus a bit less on graphic stuff and more on everything else.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
what exactly do you mean by server select? Do you mean the system it already has in place, or do you mean it as in the different pservers out?

I think about a Select-screen on the Start ore in the Main-menu that contains your private server with your server settings, interface, rules and items... edc.
So the user can pick his server.

Technically Game to - server select (authoritative from random host(maybe .net idk)) - ingame will be peer to peer based
I just like this concept to get a big community and more player on the servers (win-win).

But thats a lord of work for me to set that up so it will come maybe... but not in the alpha

Also about the interacting with objects, what exactly do you mean by that? Like what they tried doing with GunZ 2?

That can be all, like pressing a button ore pick up a weapon, but first i just try to animate physics like moving a box ore brake a wall but there is no limit.

Also pretty much what wesman said, a lot of people use archetype already and don't care about graphics. So, as long as you're okay with it since this is your work, id focus a bit less on graphic stuff and more on everything else.

I just like to work with LOD0 Graphic, that good for my eyes ;)
What you mean with "everything else"...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This project is interesting, could you show us more screenshots of what you have done already?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Great idea.
We have do this (On Our Way).
What our planning is using Another Gunz Character model,
Class Job , Killing Grade Model (Kill-Death = Result) , Creating Weapon System is also the best i think.
Hope something good come for Gunz.

C:\User\Secondary\Desktop
Reaction score
Uhm, Nobody cares about the graphics i love this.
I want good graphics with all thesame not Like Gunz 2.
People leave people don't play anymore gunz why BAD GRAPHICS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
i would be keen enough to see this project sheds its light.

Graphics hell yesh, interactive objects yesh.
Please provide clips within an actual gunz client.

Ninja Goblin
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Was this written on a mobile device?
I want to belive auto correct was involved '-'
Anyways, point is, if you want it to be professional like you put it in your titel, might want to start already with the post and fix the grammar to not look like a google translated text.
On another note, graphics arent important in any game, its just most (not all) of the console games are soley focused on graphical improvements since the core gameplay never changes much at all, thus driving the whole industry to focus on graphics.
Good luck with your project, however, i dont see it going to be overly successful.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This project is interesting, could you show us more screenshots of what you have done already?
I will post a video when i done the basic stuff.

Uhm, Nobody cares about the graphics i love this.
I want good graphics with all thesame not Like Gunz 2.
People leave people don't play anymore gunz why BAD GRAPHICS!!!!!!!!!!!!
The most people leave because gunz dont evolve in any way.

Was this written on a mobile device?
I want to belive auto correct was involved '-'
Anyways, point is, if you want it to be professional like you put it in your titel, might want to start already with the post and fix the grammar to not look like a google translated text.
On another note, graphics arent important in any game, its just most (not all) of the console games are soley focused on graphical improvements since the core gameplay never changes much at all, thus driving the whole industry to focus on graphics.
Good luck with your project, however, i dont see it going to be overly successful.

I just have a bad engilsh ;)
If you cant understand it just ask.

But thank you for the input.
Stay tune.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
They have already attempted GunZ 2 and it failed. No one likes the new game play.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Version Update:

Version 0.3.1

- Wall Run Forward

- Wall Run Forward Backflip cancel

- Wall Run Forward Frontflip cancel

- Fixed Wall Run Bugs

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Project "Saving Gunz" a Professional remake

Useless Media - Project "Saving Gunz" a Professional remake - RaGEZONE Forums

You sure have a lot of free time for a 22 year old.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

You sure have a lot of free time for a 22 year old.

Develop Games is my Job, this Project is just a hobby. ;)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

nice going there but i have quite few questions

Q1. Do you have a team working with you or you're going do that all this alone?
Q2. How we can contribute to your project so we can enjoy Gunz in evolved in better way then Gunz 2 where you can keep all "Gunz style from k-style to d-style"?
Q3. Will it be B2P, P2P or F2P? (I personally recommend to be a B2P or F2P if you're going name it "Gunz The Duel Remake" or Gunz The Remake"
Q4. How far from inputting your remake into "ALPHA" ?
Q5. Will it be on steam or this just going be a private server only?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice going there but i have quite few questions

Q1. Do you have a team working with you or you're going do that all this alone?
Q2. How we can contribute to your project so we can enjoy Gunz in evolved in better way then Gunz 2 where you can keep all "Gunz style from k-style to d-style"?
Q3. Will it be B2P, P2P or F2P? (I personally recommend to be a B2P or F2P if you're going name it "Gunz The Duel Remake" or Gunz The Remake"
Q4. How far from inputting your remake into "ALPHA" ?
Q5. Will it be on steam or this just going be a private server only?
A1.
I work now alone on this Project, the Animations, the Design, the Code was made by me but not all credits goes in my hand, the Model you can see in the Pictures is a Artwork but when the time come i want made my own, based on the original Model.

A2.
After i made all Moves like in the Original i will create a alpha to start a play-test.
The Play-test will be for all to play and its very useful for me to get feedback about the original timing, how it feels and what we need to change to move the Project more in the Original direction like the Original Gameplay of Gunz.
Jetman82 will help me with the Gladiator Gameplay, the Timing of the Slash and Block, Flip and Dash.

A3.
It will be Free To play with Donations and for Windows, Mac and Linux.

A4.
The Play-test will come in 20 Days ore maybe 4 Weeks.
After the Play-test is finish i will set up a Server to play Online with your Friends.
The Fist version Online will be the final Alpha and i start with Updates in the Beta.

A5.
In the future i will create a Server System to get Your Own Server in the Game like in Counter strike, Unturned ore Team Fortress.
So you can set up Your Own Server with your Maps, Items and Quests.
In the Main Lobby you can Pick all the Server who Online to get This Game back to Life.
When the Community is there i will get it on Steam.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
A1.
I work now alone on this Project, the Animations, the Design, the Code was made by me but not all credits goes in my hand, the Model you can see in the Pictures is a Artwork but when the time come i want made my own, based on the original Model.

A2.
After i made all Moves like in the Original i will create a alpha to start a play-test.
The Play-test will be for all to play and its very useful for me to get feedback about the original timing, how it feels and what we need to change to move the Project more in the Original direction like the Original Gameplay of Gunz.
Jetman82 will help me with the Gladiator Gameplay, the Timing of the Slash and Block, Flip and Dash.

A3.
It will be Free To play with Donations and for Windows, Mac and Linux.

A4.
The Play-test will come in 20 Days ore maybe 4 Weeks.
After the Play-test is finish i will set up a Server to play Online with your Friends.
The Fist version Online will be the final Alpha and i start with Updates in the Beta.

A5.
In the future i will create a Server System to get Your Own Server in the Game like in Counter strike, Unturned ore Team Fortress.
So you can set up Your Own Server with your Maps, Items and Quests.
In the Main Lobby you can Pick all the Server who Online to get This Game back to Life.
When the Community is there i will get it on Steam.

I'd like to be in alpha as well as I would like to support it in anyway if few bucks going to support you hit me up your paypal.
I see why you picked up unity3D then any engine out there, cause unity can port to mac, linux platform for free if that's what i am guessing, other engines porting to mac / linux cost slightly of money

Good job man

Back