Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Project "Saving Gunz" a Professional remake

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Project "Saving Gunz" a Professional remake

I'd like to be in alpha as well as I would like to support it in anyway if few bucks going to support you hit me up your paypal.
I see why you picked up unity3D then any engine out there, cause unity can port to mac, linux platform for free if that's what i am guessing, other engines porting to mac / linux cost slightly of money

Good job man

This is nice!
Support me later, you will see the Donation Ingame ;)

Unity is nice, since the Unity3D 5 released is it very powerful.
The Reflection Light is amazing now, it change everything in the Unity Scene, in some Years it will be better then Unreal with the Look.
Unity made the perfect fusion of 2D and 3D power for all Platforms for free!

Btw: Versions Update:
- Fixed some Wall Run Bugs
- Fixed some Gravity setups
- Added Wall Jump Forward
(Something is wrong with the Photo colors, idk)
- Added Wall Jump Backward
- Added Wall Jump Left
- Added Wall Jump Right

The first Video from the Gameplay!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

This is nice!
Support me later, you will see the Donation Ingame ;)

Unity is nice, since the Unity3D 5 released is it very powerful.
The Reflection Light is amazing now, it change everything in the Unity Scene, in some Years it will be better then Unreal with the Look.
Unity made the perfect fusion of 2D and 3D power for all Platforms for free!

Btw: Versions Update:
- Fixed some Wall Run Bugs
- Fixed some Gravity setups
- Added Wall Jump Forward
(Something is wrong with the Photo colors, idk)
- Added Wall Jump Backward
- Added Wall Jump Left
- Added Wall Jump Right

The first Video from the Gameplay!

That's amazing, now all basics should be down there then advanced styles.
Will it be Open world Gunz with multi bulidings ?

Reaction score
To be honest, I'm very impressed at this point. Maybe, in the future, when the alpha is finally ready, I might get myself dirty, again with GunZ.

I'm really looking forward to this project and I will be really ecstatic to see smoother animations and transitions in the future.
Keep it up!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

That's amazing, now all basics should be down there then advanced styles.
Will it be Open world Gunz with multi bulidings ?

I try to get a Fusion, so -> you join a Server -> the Server will load a big Map -> and the big Map is for Questing and Fun+, if you like to fight other player you can Join a Room with a small Map like in the Original.

You will see the Lobby Select on the Start Point of the big Map ore in the Options Menu when you press ESC.

To be honest, I'm very impressed at this point. Maybe, in the future, when the alpha is finally ready, I might get myself dirty, again with GunZ.

I'm really looking forward to this project and I will be really ecstatic to see smoother animations and transitions in the future.
Keep it up!

Thats the point, the code is good but the Animations are little ugly at the transitions, you are right.
I tested some stuff and its hard to find the perfect timing from animation A to animation B because the game looks slower and not more action when i try to fusion animation A with B, it also comes to new bugs when i´m Jumping for example and Run after he comes to ground the animation will be like a "JumpRun" and thats super ugly....

I try my best to get smoother and cleaner Animations.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Work in Process,

Please hold on.
So the reason why it takes a while this time is because i try to made a full offset in the ground of the Basic Movements, that contains

- Auto Updater
- Registration ore Free Player System
- Intro
- Enable online Support
- Interface (GUI)
- Dynamic Character Animations
- Interaction with the mouse cursor to get Animations on the Character
- Weapon System
- Sword System
- Remastering Physics and Camera Systems
- Fixing Wall Run Forward
- Full Breakable and Slash-able Buildings in the Map
- Dynamic Map System

Hold on ;)
After this Update i will Release the first Public!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
its looking bad, but anyways good luck.

This was made in one Month, i think it looks nice for one Month....
And thank you, you to...

Work in Process,

Please hold on.
So the reason why it takes a while this time is because i try to made a full offset in the ground of the Basic Movements, that contains

Auto Updater
- Registration ore Free Player System
Intro
Enable online Support
- Interface (GUI)
- Weapon System
- Sword System
- Remastering Physics and Camera Systems
- Dynamic Map System

Hold on ;)
After this Update i will Release the first Public!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Projects like this give me a bit of hope again. But i think you need some people to help you, or do you want to everything on your own?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Work in Process,

Auto Updater
Registration ore Free Player System
Intro
Enable online Support
- Interface (GUI)
- Weapon System
- Sword System
Remastering Physics and Camera Systems
- Dynamic Map System

Projects like this give me a bit of hope again. But i think you need some people to help you, or do you want to everything on your own?
I will finish the alpha stage alone, after this final 1.0 patch (im now at 0.65) i will find some help just for the GunZ game.
Because im planing right now my next 2 projects in my mind when i got a little space to think about it.

If some is interested be Admin for GunZ and working ingame with real time Code compiling <- this and Moderator based interface to be the voice of the community just tell me.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The unfortunate truth is that nobody cares about the graphics in GunZ. Most people play with Archetype settings on in the first place.
Not to bash your thread, any development is great, but only if it actually gets to the release phase.

/ Excuse me for my bad english now \

I totally agree with him.
GunZ do really need graphical adjust cuz everythings is on the GamePlay of GunZ.
The players have made the game, and not the invers, compair to a lot of game, and that why i love it. (i think i'm not alone)
I love your idea, and to be honnest i had the same, cuz i see Gunz:The Duel like a Beta who has never been ended...
i mean like, it's still a "Menu" Game, u navigate into menus to go in ur game.
- Why do not put an open world and forgot about lazy menus ?
- What about add stats when u up a level ? live Dexterity, Vitality and Strenght.
( MovementSpeed/ActionSpeed - HP-AP - Capacity etc )
- What about make a crafting system ? with quest items and or make your own items ? ppl want to make and add many more items and stuff in the game, but what about if the player make his own ?
- What about if he can change the color himself for free ?
- What about all the stupids Event Map/Running Map/Skill Map etc who are useless and take place in the game for nothing. and ADD REAL things.

To be simple, my opinions is : why do not make a game, and updates/re-adjuste this game ? u just have to look the most played game actualy. They are all updated every month/weeks.
Gunz didn't had a real updates since 2003... we dont have to remake a game i think. juste close the Beta that Maiet have made.
I repeat, thats my opinions.

Also, i love your idea dude, and if u need help i'm here for you i'll be proud to help you bro.
u can take my skype : zera.lucas.
Im french, and i dnt call me an Artist too but i can draw and modelise on Blender/Maya/3dsMax etc. i've also a really good expérience on photoshop. So do be shy and add my, im french and im 21. And it's not impossible for me to come to Perth in Australia, it's on my project for the coming month's/

See ya.
Peace.

GJ. GL.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
/ Excuse me for my bad english now \

I totally agree with him.
GunZ do really need graphical adjust cuz everythings is on the GamePlay of GunZ.
The players have made the game, and not the invers, compair to a lot of game, and that why i love it. (i think i'm not alone)
I love your idea, and to be honnest i had the same, cuz i see Gunz:The Duel like a Beta who has never been ended...
i mean like, it's still a "Menu" Game, u navigate into menus to go in ur game.
- Why do not put an open world and forgot about lazy menus ?
- What about add stats when u up a level ? live Dexterity, Vitality and Strenght.
( MovementSpeed/ActionSpeed - HP-AP - Capacity etc )
- What about make a crafting system ? with quest items and or make your own items ? ppl want to make and add many more items and stuff in the game, but what about if the player make his own ?
- What about if he can change the color himself for free ?
- What about all the stupids Event Map/Running Map/Skill Map etc who are useless and take place in the game for nothing. and ADD REAL things.

To be simple, my opinions is : why do not make a game, and updates/re-adjuste this game ? u just have to look the most played game actualy. They are all updated every month/weeks.
Gunz didn't had a real updates since 2003... we dont have to remake a game i think. juste close the Beta that Maiet have made.
I repeat, thats my opinions.

Also, i love your idea dude, and if u need help i'm here for you i'll be proud to help you bro.
u can take my skype : zera.lucas.
Im french, and i dnt call me an Artist too but i can draw and modelise on Blender/Maya/3dsMax etc. i've also a really good expérience on photoshop. So do be shy and add my, im french and im 21. And it's not impossible for me to come to Perth in Australia, it's on my project for the coming month's/

See ya.
Peace.

GJ. GL.

1st Thank you, i will try it with both, i want create a Next Gen Game, with good graphic a realistic action shooter/slasher but.... i want give the people the chance to play it on all systems with low spec PC´s so i let the option to play with more performance to get your favourite fps.
About the menu game... yes its hard to find nice transitions i mean you have loading times and more rebaking stuff behind a game but i know what you mean and i got some ideas about it like a 3D lobby where all player come together.
I was thinking much about a big world and i like the idea and its possible but hard to bring it Online, you need to sync every movement of player, npc´s and the world, every box need be sync with the network when you move it... and you need to hold the data what you send small, very small to made it playable a open world ore MultiMediaOnlineGame, is super hard to code, there is so much what you need to think about it, well its like the Olympic Games for the Game Development super special and near impossible with no team.
Maybe in the future i mean it just the beginning of a game, like a child need it to learn to walk.
So it will be round based on the start.
A custom state system is possible, like in the original gunz will you sync your level with the network, you also can sync your highest hp and custom states with it but not on the start.
I start with a robust game who can hold player without a error, more complex = more possibility = more detail work.
About the real world, yes it become real, i just need some models....
I will adjust the game with updates when the robust game is done, i dont want run into problems.

A new video about the 1st Online test will come soon

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Versions Update 0.7
- Watch the Video
- Smoother Animations
- New Weapon System
- Physic based Ground Detection
- New Camera System
- Setting up the Updater
- Setting up the Network
- Add a Multiplayer
- Intro
- Setting up the Versions Control
- Remake the Basic Movement

Enjoy

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Versions Update 0.7
- Watch the Video
- Smoother Animations
- New Weapon System
- Physic based Ground Detection
- New Camera System
- Setting up the Updater
- Setting up the Network
- Add a Multiplayer
- Intro
- Setting up the Versions Control
- Remake the Basic Movement

Enjoy

It seems like it is going to be a fun game. However, I have an advice, I think you shouldn't focus on saving Gunz just make a whole new Shooter/Slasher Title and of course Gunz could be an inspiration but not a sequel. My point is, try to make something unique, something new and something that Gunz couldn't achieve. Keep up the good work :D

Back