Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The 'Show Off' topic

Reaction score
Re: The 'Show Off' topic - Part 2

Probably not really worth showing off, but I've removed msxml from gunz and converted it over to rapidxml. minimal improvements in load times, a second here, 2 seconds there, but nothign extreme. glad to be rid of msxml though. I still need to create a class and call rapidxml functions from that, but i'll do that after it's actually converted 100% (a few files left).

Example:

Phoenix - The 'Show Off' topic - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score

Probably not really worth showing off, but I've removed msxml from gunz and converted it over to rapidxml. minimal improvements in load times, a second here, 2 seconds there, but nothign extreme. glad to be rid of msxml though. I still need to create a class and call rapidxml functions from that, but i'll do that after it's actually converted 100% (a few files left).

Example:

Any improvement is a good improvement, whether it is 1 or 2 seconds, if that stacks up you get some good savings m8.:love:

Reaction score

Just an experiment for right now, but I added companions to gunz. Concept behind it is this. You win a companion through questing (example a gobby companion), or you can purchase a companion; you equip one or the other. When the game starts, if that slot isn't empty, it'll create the companion. The owner (you) gets assigned to him, and his teamid is set to your teamid. He'll keep a distance roughly from you (where he's at ishow far he shoudl stay). He'll either follow you throughout the match, or if a potential target reaches the right distance from him, he'll stop following to attack you. If he dies, a prompt appears telling you when you can revive him. He's also capable of attacking other companions.

Example (he does nothing atm other than follow you, no attacks yet):

Last edited:
Reaction score

Just an experiment for right now, but I added companions to gunz. Concept behind it is this. You win a companion through questing (example a gobby companion), or you can purchase a companion; you equip one or the other. When the game starts, if that slot isn't empty, it'll create the companion. The owner (you) gets assigned to him, and his teamid is set to your teamid. He'll keep a distance roughly from you (where he's at ishow far he shoudl stay). He'll either follow you throughout the match, or if a potential target reaches the right distance from him, he'll stop following to attack you. If he dies, a prompt appears telling you when you can revive him. He's also capable of attacking other companions.

Example (he does nothing atm other than follow you, no attacks yet):

Pets the Duel.
Would be really interesting if they are strong enough to slap people around.

Reaction score

Emulated Gunblade's skillmap mode, then extended it to be round based. each player is on the same team (mmt_blue), so they can't attack eachother. game keeps track of your best time, thinking about making it so each time you pass your best time, a packet is sent updating the db.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Update : got a custom model courtesy of zain (for companion npcs):

8tnEbyL - The 'Show Off' topic - RaGEZONE Forums

Made me laugh. They could work as portable meds or ammo kits... It's also nice to know that Zain still does Gunz stuff.

I guess the situation has reached a point when it's literally up to all of us to keep the game alive -.-

(Which happened several years ago...)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score

Nothing extremely special, but I added d3d9ex to gunz (unusable for winxp and lower, but works on vista and higher. optional feature, so glad msft derived d3d9ex classes from d3d9). Have yet to fully experiment but, other than a device reset taking longer (d3d9ex doesn't support storing textures in system memory, so you have to invalidate and then restore the textures when resetting a device), the ram usage is down thanks to no textures stored in memory, devices aren't lost like with d3d9, etc. pretty stable from what i've tested:

Retired modder
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Nothing extremely special, but I added d3d9ex to gunz (unusable for winxp and lower, but works on vista and higher. optional feature, so glad msft derived d3d9ex classes from d3d9). Have yet to fully experiment but, other than a device reset taking longer (d3d9ex doesn't support storing textures in system memory, so you have to invalidate and then restore the textures when resetting a device), the ram usage is down thanks to no textures stored in memory, devices aren't lost like with d3d9, etc. pretty stable from what i've tested:

This is amazing!
Does this mean we could possibly create bigger or load intensive maps?

Back