Tutorials belong to the tutorials section.
This is a discussion on 1.5 Source + Client/Server Files + How to set up a 1.5 GunZ server (Updated NEW) within the GunZ Tutorials forums, part of the Gunz Online category; Before starting: I take no credits for the files, They are not mine, they are MAIET'S files, I have no ...
Before starting: I take no credits for the files, They are not mine, they are MAIET'S files, I have no responsibility if you use them. Did this for educational purposes.
-- The first part: Downloading the needed files --
What do you need to make a proper GunZ server:
More alternative links will be added later on.
You need a database software to run the server:
Download: Microsoft SQL
Server 2008 Express - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details
A full shop, removed useless items such as: 7 Day Gamble items, quest items, tickets etc.. (OPTIONAL):
shop.xml | Game Front
You need the launcher to run the runnable:
Download Launcher.rar for free on uploading.com
Patch Builder for the launcher:
Download ZPatchBuilder.exe for free on uploading.com
You need my runnable (Updated):
Download theduel.exe from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
Features of the runnable:
Server / 1.5 Utilites have been added also for you:- Removed MEF
- Removed XTRAP
- Avatar Enabled
- Survival enabled in mode 4
- Fixed login screen
- Fixed loading screen
- Fixed "cannot create game"
- 9999999 Limit id
- Fixed login labels
- Fixed item type shop select
You need the GunZ 1.5 client by phoenix:Features:
- Cryptopp ready
- Fully implented xml's
- Fully working
- MD5 hash created
- MatchAgent NAT error fixed
- Error handling improved
- World edit
(Will add more after while I fix them all XD)
You need my edited server files:
Download Server Files.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
You need my edited source (OPTIONAL - You need this if you want to make your own stuff):
GunZ 1.5 - RageZone Source Release.rar | Game Front
(Note: Please read "The first part: Important information you should know" if you have any difficulties with the source.)
Password = RageZone
GunZ Decompiler, to decompile the client files:
You need visual studio 2003 (OPTIONAL - You need this if you want to view/edit the source):
Visual Studio .NET Professional 2003 - English - CNET Download.com
-- The first part: Important information you should know --
- You have to re-download cryptopp 5.2.3 source, I deleted it to prevent linking errors Download Crypto++ from SourceForge.net
You have to re-build UnitTest++ from the SDK folder in the source, again: to prevent linking errors.
Don't forget to rename cryptlib.lib to cryptlib2003.lib when you finish building, and place them whenever the gunz source needs the cryptlib2003 to build.
- The tutorial is based on Windows 7, Windows SQL Express 2012, 1.5 Server files / Client.
- I didn't provide this source (not my own). Credits goes to MAIET and Dawson for releasing the source: http://forum.ragezone.com/f245/gunz-...2011-a-796257/
The only credit I take is for uploading the files, editing them, and providing them for you without any problems.
- The database file which is found in the "Server files" => "Database" folder isn't mine also, provided by Emisand: http://forum.ragezone.com/f245/gunz-...-files-797875/
- The GunZDB15.sql is the form script, the .bak is a backup generated with SQL Express 2008 R2.
- You can also download SQL Express 2012 edition. I don't suggest using it when you are going to put your gunz website on your webhost. (Connections between vps and other servers)
- If you execute the database and you get an error "Cannot parse script" (Something like that), Highlight all the database script by pressing CTRL + A and execute it.
- Xtrap has been removed from the preprocessor because XTRAP has connections with the "XTRAP Servers" and you will probably get lot's of errors if you enable it. If you are a lazy fuck professional developer and you would like to enable it go here: Right click on the Gunz solution, from the solution explorer => Properties => C/C++ => Preprocessor => Select "Preprocessor Definitions => Add a line under "_USING_CXR" with "_XTRAP".
- If I forgot to add anything, Please warn me as soon as possible to fix it.
- ".mef" has been removed from the GunZ source, ".mef" is a MAIET kind of encryption to protect their files, Now since the client I provided you in the tutorial has no mef, I had to disable it.
- MSXML.dll has been provided for Microsoft Windows 7 users to build the source, You actually need "Windows XP SP3" which has MSXML.dll, But it's now not a problem building the source on Windows 7.
- When installing SQL Server Management Studio 2008 you must install SQL Express services and SQL Express Management
-- The second part: Setting up your database --
Once you got all the files, here is what you are going to do:
The first thing we gotta do is install our SQL Express 2008 R2 database software, Here's a video tutorial:
How to Install SQL Server 2008 R2 Express - YouTube
Once installed, Open it:
Start => All programs => Microsoft SQL 2008 => SQL Server Management Studio.
Once the program is running put your login details:
Authentication: YOURCOMPUTERNAME\SQLEXPRESS - If you don't know your computer name go >> Start => Right click => Properties => Computer name or full computer name.
Password: The password you have provided on the installation.
- Press connect.
- If you still get an error when connecting re-type your password to make sure, and if it still didn't work change the "Authentication:" to YOURCOMPUTERNAME without the "\SQLEXPRESS".
Now we have to create a new database:
-Right click on "Databases" from the "Object explorer" panel => New Database.
-Database name: Put whatever you want, with no spaces. Ex: BeanerDB.
Once create, we have to execute the GunZ database tables:
-File => Open => Where you have placed the downloaded files => Server Files => Database => GunZDB15.sql.
-The script will pop up on your SQL Express 2008 R2 and on the first line you will see:
-If your database name is different change the "GunZDB15" to your GunZ database name without deleting the: .
-Once done, Press Execute. It's like an exclamation mark. (It will probably take some time).
Setting up the ODBC connection:
-Start >> run >> put in "odbcad32"
-Click on "User DSN"
-Press the "Add" button
-In the Name: Put your database name.
-On the Server: Put your authentication from your SQL Express: Ex: YOURCOMPUTERNAME\SQLEXPRESS
- Press Next
- Select "With SQL Server authentication ..............."
- Tick the box "Conncect to SQL Server......."
- Login ID: sa
- Password: Put the password from the SQL Express
- Next, Next, Finish
-- The second part: Setting up your server --
- From the server files I provided for you go to: Server Files => MatchServer => Open up server.ini
- The most important is setting up the [DB] and some parts of the [SERVER].
- The DNS="" should be your database name in there, and USERNAME and PASSWORD should be your SQL Express Authentication.
- In your server.ini you should see KEEPERIP= you should put your IP Adress in there, To know what's your IP Adress visit this website:
What Is My IP - Shows Your IP Address
- Save it
Now we set up our Locator:
- From the server files go to => Locator => and open locator.ini
- Put the same stuff as you putted on your server .ini on the [DB] part.
- In the IP= put your ip adress.
- Save it.
Let's set up the MatchAgent now:
- From the server files go to => MatchAgent => Right click on MatchAgent.xml => Open with => Notepad
- Where you see the IP= put you ip adress in there and save it.
Editing the serverstatus table from the database to connect with the server.:
- Open your SQL Express 2008 R2
- Fill in your details
- Press open the "databases"
- GunZDB15 (Or whatever your database name is)
- Scroll down and find "dbo.SeverStatus", Right click on it, Edit Top 200 Rows.
- ServerID = 1, CurrPlayer = 0, MaxPlayer = 1000, Skip the Time, IP = Your IP Adress, Port = 6000, Server Name = Whatever you want, Opened = 1, Type = 4, Skip the AgentIP and Execute.
-- The second part: Running your server --
Well this is the easiest part...
Once you have done setting up your database and the server, this is what you are going to do:
1. Server Files => MatchServer => Double click on the MatchServer.exe.
2. Server Files => Locator => Double click on the Locator.exe.
3. Server Files => MatchAgent => Double click on the MatchAgent.exe.
Some information: You need the MatchServer and Locator opened both for sure at the same time. If you close one of them the server will "Crash/Shutdown".
The MatchAgent is optional, It's just a NAT fixer to fix the Agent Errors.
-- The third part: Running your client --
Before we start running the client, and testing if it works, we have to set up our client to connect the server you are running with (the server files). So, here is what are we going to do:
- Make a folder, called ex: GunZ Decompiler, inside that folder put your decompiler.
- Grab you system.mrs from your client, and put it inside the GunZ Decompiler folder.
- Once ready, open your GunZ Decompiler executable: Select the system.mrs from the "Decompile" panel, and press Decompile Selected Item(s).
- Once done there should be a folder called "system" inside the place where you have the decompiler.
- Open it.. You should see a file called "system.xml" >> Right Click >> Open With >> Notepad
You should see:
Inside those "" put your IP Address, and save it.<LOCATORLIST>
<LOCATOR id="1" IP="" />
<LOCATOR id="2" IP="" />
<LOCATOR id="1" IP="" />
- Once done, re-open your decompiler, now in the panel side where you have "Compile" select the system and press: Compile Selected Item(s)
NOTE: If you press decompile by mistake, re-do the above.
NOTE: If the system.xml is not the same as here, download the GunZ Source and navigate to: GunZ Source >> Stable >> GunZ >> XML >> copy the: system.xml and locale.xml and paste it to your system folder.
NOTE: You need an account to login with.
-- The fourth part: Making your account --
You need an account to login, so we can do it manually... Or set up a register page.
Doing it manually:
- Open your SQL Express, Navigate to your databases, Open your database by pressing the "+" sign, Open the tables.
- Now you will see lot's of tables, to make an account (the same how the register pages work), Right click on dbo.Account and press "Edit top 200 rows".
- Now you will see lot's of columns and 2 rows (if you database is empty), the AID is generated automatically so don't try to put any ids (LOL),
- Before we fill in the details, There's a button "Change Type", press it and select "Insert Values".
- Now start filling your details:
- Others can stay NULLUserID: Hello
UGradeID: 0 OR 255 (If you want admin), 254 (Developer), 253 (Banned Account), 252 (Hidden admin), 2 (JJang).
PGradeID: 0 // This should stay 0
Regdate: Just put: 04/04/04
- Once done press the Execute button, (An exclamation mark - !")
NO YOU ARE NOT DONE YET.
- Now open your dbo.login table.
- You should see the following rows:
- Before we fill in the details, There's a button "Change Type", press it and select "Insert Values". (Copy paste king.)UserID, AID, Password, LastConnDate, LastIP
- What to put:
UserID: Hello (Or whatever you did put)
AID: The first generated number from your dbo.account should match with this, so check it.
Password: Whatever you want.
- Others can stay NULL, Don't forget to execute.
Now you can login using your client.
Setting up your register page without doing your account manually:
Shouldn't be hard, well before we start of, there are some information you should know...
Since GunZ uses mssql, we should install a webserver which supports the mssql servers, I suggest you to use "IIS", but it's kinda complicated if you are a beginner. (You have to install PHP and FastCGI), But if you don't have time to play with (don't get me wrong), we are going to use xampp:
Download Xampp 1.7.3 - OldApps.com
Once downloaded install it.
NOTE: I suggest you to install it to your C: drive, because if you don't your apache may crash.
- Now run your xampp control panel, and start the Apache and Mysql. If you have problems with running your Apache/Mysql press "port check" and check if the mysql port and apache port are in use, if it tells you like: Skype.exe, Close it, or disable the skype from using the port 80.
- If it tells you system: How To Disable or Remove Unnecessary IIS Services carry on with this.
Next step - Setting up your register page:
Credits for the register page:
Wizkid for coding it, Phoenix for adding the captcha function to prevent spam.
- Download the following attachment.
- Take a visit to your xampp folder and say hi, after you have done that open it and visit your htdocs => Delete all the content inside the folder "htdocs".
- Place the register page files right there, Open the "register.php" with a notepad and you should see:
- Edit those to your SQL Express credentials, Once done save them.$dns="GunzDB";
- To take a look if your register page works, open your browser and put:
127.0.0.1/register.php OR youripaddress/register.php
That should be it, Those are the main things you should do, now you can do whatever you want..
- Wucas for helping me to fix the CRC errors (And I noticed the problem was from IIS)
- MAIET - Credits for all the GunZ files
Optional: Setting up the launcher
Well, first of all there's a good news... Reading string is now not a problem, it's fast... Takes about 10 seconds to your the patch.xml.
The launcher is provided on the source I uploaded, This is how you set it up:
- Open your visual studio 2003
- File => Open => Solution
- The source => Stable => ZLauncher => ZLauncher_2nd => Double click on the solution
- Open at least one cpp file so you can use the find tool command, after done press CTRL + F
- Find what: http:// - It should lead you to the patch info (NewAppDlg.cpp)
- You will see: // Settings of Brazil Launcher: Use THIS.
- Fill in your IP address etc..#ifdef LOCALE_BRAZIL
#define STR_GUNZ_PROCESS_NAME "The Duel" //Your GunZ name.
#define STR_GUNZ_EXCUTE_FILENAME "theduel.exe" //Your runnable name.
#define STR_LAUNCHER_EXCUTE_FILENAME "GunzLauncher.exe" //Your launcher name.
#define STR_PATCHINFO_FILENAME "patch.xml" //Leave this.
#define STR_WEBPAGE_URL "127.0.0.1/gunzweb/GunzLauncher/start.html" //Your launcher start page url.
#define STR_ADDRESS_REAL "127.0.0.1" //Your ip address here
#define STR_ADDRESS_ALPHA "127.0.0.1" //Your ip address here
#define STR_DIRECTORY_REAL "gunzweb/GunzUpdate" //Your path for yout patch
#define STR_DIRECTORY_ALPHA "gunzweb/GunzUpdateTest" //Your path for yout patch test
- Now the gunzweb/GunzUpdate is where your patch.xml will be found on your webserver (ex: xampp)
- Once filled in your details, build it by doing: Build => Build Solution
- Now go to your source folder => Stable => ZLauncher => ZLauncher_2nd => CNewApp => Runtime => and you should see the GunzLauncher.exe
Now let's set it up server side:
- Now we need to build the patch.xml server sided so the GunzLauncher will read your patch.xml
- Go to => C:/ => xampp => htdocs => create a folder called "gunzweb" => inside gunzweb create another folder called "GunzUpdate".
- Now you need the ZPatchBuilder to make the patch.xml
Note: You put the files you want to make your client patch, Example: I updated my interface so inside GunzUpdate I make the "Interface" folder like as the client and put the new default.mrs for example. After done, Run the ZPatchBuilder => choose Brazil => And build the patch.xml
That's all, Now the launcher should be able to read your patch.
NOTE: TUTORIAL WILL BE UPDATED ANYTIME! MORE TUTORIALS / PATCHES / FIXES WILL BE HERE.
Last edited by CobraBite; 03-07-12 at 07:12 PM.
Tutorials belong to the tutorials section.
Good job. you have made happy many beginners..
Thanks a lot :)
im getting an error while using ur runnable help me?
GUNZ 1,0,0,290 launched. build (Jun 30 2012 19:48:46)
Log time (07/01/12 07:59:01)
CPU ID = GenuineIntel ( family = 6 , model = 15 , stepping = 13 ) @ 2194 MHz
Display Device = Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family ( vendor=8086 device=2772 subsys=d6068086 revision=2 )
Display Driver Version = 6.14.0010.4785
Windows = 5.1 Build 2600 , Service Pack 3 (2097151KB) : Windows xp..
Load XML from memory : system/locale.xml- SUCCESS
Country : (KOR), Language : (USA)
Load Config from file : config.xml- SUCCESS
Load XML from memory : system/system.xml- SUCCESS
Load XML from memory : system/strings.xml(0x0012) - SUCCESS
Load XML from memory : system/cserror.xml(0x0012) - SUCCESS
Load XML from memory : system/messages.xml(0x0012) - SUCCESS
Load XML from memory : system/gametypecfg.xml
Crash ( 07:59:03 )
Build Jun 30 2012 19:45:49
dwTotalMemKB = 3134564 KB
dwAvailMemKB = 2193776 KB
dwVirtualMemKB = 2097024 KB
Address : 004e6d93
ExpCode : c0000005
Flags : 00000000
#Param : 00000002
other : 00000000
GS : 00000000 FS : 0000003b ES : 00000023 DS : 00000023
EDI: 0012fe54 ESI: 006dcaf0 EBX: 001823df EDX: 031bfa08
ECX: 00000000 EAX: 006fa268 EBP: 0012f7d8 EIP: 004e6d93
CS : 0000001b Flg: 00010202 ESP: 0012f7d0 SS : 00000023
00000104 00000000 0012fe98 004e654b 001823df 7c80b731 00000000 7ffd8000
5ad70000 00009e40 5ad70000 20011b97 0012f940 0000003e 20018184 00000014
00000000 00000014 00000001 00000000 00000000 00000010 0012f840 200173af
0012f940 0000003e 7e46b44d 0012f85c 5ad79e67 5ad79e94 5ada1b74 7a6e7547
706d642e 5ad79e00 00000000 0012f8e0 7e427f06 00000000 0012f878 5ad70000
00009e40 00000000 00000064 7e42c201 7e428db2 00000000 00000000 7e42df32
7e419035 7ffd8000 00000000 7e42e4e5 00000000 0012f8a4 0012f8a4 00000000
0012f8a4 00281f18 0012f7f0 00000000 0012f9a8 7c90e900 7c917530 ffffffff
7c9175b4 7c80ac87 5ad70000 00009e40 00000000 0012f908 7e428085 00000000
0012fab4 00000000 5ada1178 00000000 00000000 00000000 0012f9b8 7c90e453
0012f918 00000068 00000068 00000040 00000001 a7bda148 00000024 00000000
0040003e 0012f940 00009e40 0000001c 003a0043 0057005c 004e0049 004f0044
00530057 0073005c 00730079 00650074 0033006d 005c0032 00780075 00680074
006d0065 002e0065 006c0064 7e4191a9 0012f9b8 7e418fe7 7e418ffb 0000037c
0012fbbc 0012fbbc 7c91925d 7c9192ef 00000000 02610008 00180000 7e44048f
7e419000 00000000 7e418ffb 5ad746f6 0000001f 5ada1178 00192420 5ad74729
Yeah phoenix's client dl link is broken aha, other than that good work! I think a link should be fixed if not this thread is completely useless to others.
Thanks for letting me know! Phoenix link updated.
- Grab the locale.xml from my server files and also the system.xml
- Decompile your system.mrs and put the locale.xml and system.xml you copied on the system
- Compile, and replace the system.mrs, that should be the fix.
Anytime Sir, Keep up the good work you have helped alot of people, Like myself for one I have never used 1.5 files so this should be fun and you made it more easy for me, Cheers.
Last edited by xTheSaintx; 01-07-12 at 06:00 AM.
Very nice tutorial <3
*WAITING FOR THE SOURCE LOVE EET*!
Last edited by cdrking; 01-07-12 at 08:20 AM. Reason: updates
I can't provide you a link here for vs2003, but I don't know if I can say this, download it from torrent.
but sir cobra what is the one that you post the vs 2003 .net professional? do we really have to download the one on the torrent? or professional is okay?
Just download it torrent, and you will have a full visual studio 2003.