Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Blender TuT] Some Advance/Different Techniques

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I noticed the two other Blender TuTs don't really go into much detail so I'm going to try to show you a different technique. Only view this thread if your aware with Styx's previous thread/have some experience.

What you'll need:

-.ELU Exporter Script (http://forum.ragezone.com/f496/elu-b...porter-501172/)
-.ELU Importer Script (http://forum.ragezone.com/f245/elu-a...porter-488857/)
-Python (Without Python, you can't run Blender.) (http://forum.ragezone.com/f245/elu-a...7/#post4297496)
-Blender (http://forum.ragezone.com/f245/elu-a...7/#post4297496)
-A GunZ Client you can edit. (Like TrinityGunZ; )
-Stock picture, for this tut you will need a sword with a somewhat normal handle/blade.

2, Load your stock image the sword,(View, Background image, and load). You will proceed as normal and (Add, mesh, plane, edit mode, place the plane on the edge of your weapon, delete 2 vertices and trace around). Now select your vertices (A) and fill your sword (shift +F), it should look something like this:

Distress - [Blender TuT] Some Advance/Different Techniques - RaGEZONE Forums

Now,press numpad 3, and notice your at the thickness part, now listen closely.
-Press E>Region then stretch it to HALF of what you want the thickness to be, like this:

Now you will notice the top line is still highlighted yellow, press E then region again, now this time your doing the other half of the thickness:

3, Now you all know how to do this part, we're texturing (but don't think we're done) press numpad 7, then split the window, click the little grid and go to UV/image editor and load in your image. Hover your mouse over the left side (with your filled in sword) and press U>Project from view and your sword will be overtop of the left side now. Scale your sword (S) and move it (G) so its on top of the texture , exactly the same.
(If your having trouble following refer back to Styx thread, I only get 10 screenys and need them).

-Now once its overtop of the texture, switch to object mode then the button to the right click Textured.

4, Now that its textured press 7 and get to a good view where you can see the side of your sword, like:

-Now that your in view switch back to edit mode, and to the right switch from Textured to "Solid", press A to deselect all vertices. Looks confusing now , huh?

-The main focus of this part is to select (Shift+right click) all the MIDDLE vertices of the blade (not the handle):

-Once they're all selected press numpad 7 and then press S to scale the middle part a little wider than the actual sword, notice the sharp effect taking place.
(note: Some swords look good with this technique, some don't, this may be one of them >.<)

5, SUBSURFING:

-Now go back to OBJECT mode, we are going to apply some modifers. (If you wanted a different level modifer on the handle from blade you would have to split them into two seperate parts than merge later, but for simplicity we're doing both the same level).

-Once in object mode all go down to your panel , click Modifer and select Subsurf.

-Subsurf is to add smoothness, essentially it makes blocky objects rounder. DONT NO GO OVER LVL 6 MODIFER, IT LAGGS LIKE F*CK. I stick with 3 :)

6, Final Texture:

So now it comes time for the final texture, hit F5, then click "New link" or Link , then press f5 again. You will see texture, hit add new, then texture type> IMAGE and load the orignal picture you used for texture.

Switch back from Solid mode to Textured to apply, and voila!

I wont be teaching you how to allign the handle with the lines (Creating where the player holds it) because I have not the time and you should already know ;D once your done that , file>Export, Gunz.elu

If you ever notice a blank spot in your weapon when testing, just go to blender and select faces that are wrong and press control N to recalc faces.

Credits to Crayziegoy and Hellsniper for teaching me about Blender,
Credits to Crayziegoy for teaching me this technique.

Hope you enjoyed /learned something.
-Distress/Rawr

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
nice tut but its still using a pic which I call "ripping" and noobs call "exporting to .elu" (cause they dont know how it was done)
still I believe it is a good tut, though I will never use (since I cant use blender for my life)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice tut but its still using a pic which I call "ripping" and noobs call "exporting to .elu" (cause they dont know how it was done)
still I believe it is a good tut, though I will never use (since I cant use blender for my life)

The pic is mainly for texture and outline, swords are somewhat trash without them.

Learn blender, you will find, using a pic makes some good weapons.

rudabega.

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
but still texturing your own weapon is fun. taking a image of another weapon from either in real life or from another game can be copyright infringement (probably wont ever come up as a actual case) and is just...well I cant figure out how to explain myself right now but when I do I shall edit this post :p

I still like your guide dude :D Not trying to put you down, I just want to express my opinion.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
but still texturing your own weapon is fun. taking a image of another weapon from either in real life or from another game can be copyright infringement (probably wont ever come up as a actual case) and is just...well I cant figure out how to explain myself right now but when I do I shall edit this post :p

I still like your guide dude :D Not trying to put you down, I just want to express my opinion.

Well thanks. Just trying to keep the players in my mind, they would much rather play with a cool sword they seen in a anime or movie then a ugly self textured D:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i got 1 little problem... after i try to texture it i go to object mode textured but 1 side is white and the other is the texture... it seems that only the bottem face was textured... any help?

&#12484;
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Can sum1 give me the import/export files. Speedyshare wont load those downloads....?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i got 1 little problem... after i try to texture it i go to object mode textured but 1 side is white and the other is the texture... it seems that only the bottem face was textured... any help?

I've actually had this problem once or twice myself.

Had to start over /retrace :/

&#12484;
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ok, so i did all the steps and went in game, but my sword i made is invisible, any help?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
your swords too small... import katana01.elu into blender and scale ure sword to it...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol nice tut for newbs ... nice work ;P

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mikethemak/anyone else

If your sword is invisible then most likely you didn't scale it up before exporting or you forgot to save as type 5 when exporting.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ok, so i did all the steps and went in game, but my sword i made is invisible, any help?

you probably just didn't adjust it properly to fit the hand. load katana01 and adjust it the same way and you should see it. But make sure to scale it up or its gonna be tiny.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Indeed.

Mike if you can't see the sword but your gunz character is making a slice movement or slash, then you need to scale it up alot, don't forget to save as type 5 when exporting aswell or you will get a lightshow.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ugh this is making my head hurt so much. i can't get pass the tracing part and blender some times randomly closes. Also it says python isn't installed when it is.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You should put up a download link for the .elu files so we can add it to our servers =D

CREDITS TO BE GIVEN OF COURSE

Back