Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

BR/Jan/June Server And Client SETUP Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [TuT] BR/Jan/June Server And Client SETUP Guide!

Well I think I managed to get passed the problem with both of the Microsoft SQL programs and 64-bit OSs. I don't *think* there is a problem, but I haven't gotten far enough to see if they will work for this. Either way I installed Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition from and Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express from (The second Link).

They installed fine, and I assume they will work when I get to that point. Right now I am having a problem getting Hex Workshop to show up searching for what you said, but I am sure I am just doing something wrong, so back to it:play_ball

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Does this work with MYSQL instead of Microsoft Server Tools?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

no its a Microsoft Server data base and the server only works good with MSSQL

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Got myself stuck again :throw:

I've been trying, for numerous hours out of the last 24, to get this whole mess with databases and MsSQL working. Granted I am not great with SQL and all of this web database stuff, but this is getting silly.

I am fairly sure it is just my own inexperience and lack of guidance in the matter, but I just cannot get the things working. Anybody care to give a quick mindless walkthrough on how to actually establish the server itself, for SMSE to connect to? I am obviously missing something, that is probably right in my face, but I just can't find it.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated at this point, before I go insane :frusty:

EDIT :: Suppose I'll mention that I *think* I got the Login and Password setup right from installing SQL Server 2005, but I don't know what to put in Server Name. I *think* that is the only part that I don't know, I just assume the other two parts are right.

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score

@MidnightSonata ok you setup the GUI or the interface not MSSQL it self...

@thajj for what?

Master Summoner
Reaction score

very nice tut

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I keep getting "cannot access server" I've done everything exactly as you put it... But... Same thing over and over!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

check ya filelist and zitem in matchserver

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I used them from another server and replaced them from the system.mrs so i dunno

and i dont see those things in the filelist.xml :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score

huh? what things?

plz dont dobble post

CRACK DEALER
Reaction score

I did everything you said but when I start the Locator there is nothing there.
I don't know how to use ODBC or MySQL Servers only the one that's with wamp.
And when I ran the .sql script I got an error...
Code:
Msg 15007, Level 16, State 1, Line 2
'game' is not a valid login or you do not have permission.
Cannot add rows to sysdepends for the current object because it depends on the missing object 'dbo.dt_adduserobject_vcs'. The object will still be created.
Cannot add rows to sysdepends for the current object because it depends on the missing object 'dbo.dt_setpropertybyid'. The object will still be created.
Cannot add rows to sysdepends for the current object because it depends on the missing object 'dbo.dt_setpropertybyid'. The object will still be created.
Cannot add rows to sysdepends for the current object because it depends on the missing object 'dbo.dt_displayoaerror'. The object will still be created.

I have a dedi with 8gig ram and quad core so I want to host alot of servers but I need help setting it up.

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score

you can ignore those errors.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

MySQL Servers ? this is MSSQL

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

This is what I get when I open gunzlauncher in hx workshop

MZ......................@...............................................!..L.!This program cannot be run in DOS mode....$.......x...<...<...<.../...?.......6.......:.../...>...9...#.......6...9...........%...<...m...9...........=...9...=...Rich<...........

=/ Help please

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score

theres more than that, scroll down.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

yeah i know theres more... but its not what is meant to be. When i Ctrl+f for that IP nothing is found. Yes im searching text string. Its completely different to maxtrax screen shot.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

You may have the same problem I did at first. I actually didn't get any hits when I searched for the IP he put up either. Turns out instead of the IP it has "localhost" in its place.

Try searching for Launcher/Start.html and see if it comes up with something that looks like his original screenshot. That is how I got mine working :smilewink

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Found it, thanks a bunch. I owe you ;D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

This filelist generator isnt working, i keep getting an error about not having the rights to use it >_>. Can someone tell me where to find ThievingSix's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back