Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TUT] How To Edit clothes/weapons

Master Summoner
Reaction score
[Tutorial] How to edit clothes/items w/ photoshop

Tutorial; How to edit items & clothes

Code:
Tools + Downloads
Photoshop CS2 - [url]http://www.click-now.net/?file=0722[/url]
Mrs Unpacker - [url]http://www.mediafire.com/?dymyily3yxd[/url]
dds Plug-in - [url]http://developer.download.nvidia.com/tools/texturetools/Photoshop_Plugins_8.23.0307.1915.exe[/url]
DDS Viewer - [URL]http://download.nvidia.com/developer/NVTextureSuite/DDS_viewer.exe[/URL]

After downloading all of these, you can now proceed to edit your items and your clothes. another optional thing to speed up editing is to download a program that lets you see the .dds file in thumbnail form while still in a explorer window, this is good because you don't have to open 30+ files just to find that t-shirt you wanted. If you want more depth on on how to edit clothes, keep following this tutorial

* Remember to BACKUP all files before editing.

once you have downloaded all of the above files or programs, install all of the files. In this tutorial we will be opening man.mrs located in your client gunz/model/man.mrs COPY it into the same directory as mrs.exe and cmd.exe, now run cmd.exe and type mrs.exe and the press your enter key some text will appear under the line you wrote this is instructional showing the 2 commands u can use with mrs.exe

Kingston - [TUT] How To Edit clothes/weapons - RaGEZONE Forums

now you have cmd open type mrs.exe d man.mrs this will decompile the mrs.exe

now you have a man folder and a man.mrs open the man folder(you can close down cmd.exe now if you want)right click the file and open it with photoshop CS2

you should see this small menu make sure it looks the same as the screenshot shown

You Can Now Start Editing You Items and Release them Here at RageZone!

once you have finished editing you need to know how to save correctly right? file>save as>pick your location and you should get another little gui use the same options as shown in the folowing screenshot

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Im having a problem Decompressing man.mrs I think it's a vista thing but if you know please help me

I get that error All the time..I retryed it like 15 times

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thank you for the TUT. but you can use gimp2 instead if you can't afford a photoshop.

its free

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've putted MP Maps and cant take it away, I even uninstalled the plug in.
What to do now ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Nice Tut and btw i got Adobe Imageready CS2 With Kyegn >=D anyway i gonna make a tut how to make a whole custom quest

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm using Corel Photopaint are there Working plugins to work DDS directly for him?

And yeah, it's the best IMO, so don't bother saying Photoshop Rules.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
after i edit the weapon become gray

Edit: Fixed it NVM

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
My woman.mrs (The one where I edited the gz_huw_body03.dds or w.e) will not load. I filelisted the gz_huw_body03 and it still won't load.

What am I doing wrong here?

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Wow...... I Knew This Without Knowing It. If You Know What I Mean. And If You Don't ITS EASY!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How should I know what you mean if I knew that what was known was actually meant to be?
You know?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This isn't working for me.. my client still crashes after i've crcd the clothes that ive edited..
helpp?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wtf? i did everytin right, and if i click launcher.exe > start then it load 50% then it close automaticly :S? what im doing wrong ? pls help me!

[I did this steps] cmd > mrs.exe d man.mrs > i edit a picture (gd_hum_body003_.tga) > (back to cmd.exe) i type mrs.exe c man , it worked > i putted the new man.mrs in the model map.

now in ''client'' i click launcher.exe it run > i click ''start'' it load, at 50% it stop and it exit automaticly.

please someone help me!!

Back