Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tut] How to Make your own Gunz Private server! (Basic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: How to Make your own Gunz Private server!

Doesn't making a Gunz Private Server lead to the point where you need a registration page.
It does only if you want one. But you don't NEED one to have and run a server.

You said all the other information was useless.
I never said that at all. I said it's extra. but not mandatory to serve the purpose of this tutorial.

Find something other to do other than trying to make me look bad.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice eagledude arent you glad i assisted you as much as I could, I should have thought of making a thread like this, There are a few slight errors here and there but other wise this thread is nice

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Do not download these files they all have trojans in them

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

im Ducking serious my norton just blocked trojan from all the files i just downloaded off this tutorial

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sorry, but I'm new to making Gunz PS, but I'm already stuck on the first step >< I right click almost everything in the object explorer panel, but nothing gives me the option to make a new database

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hmm i heard my friend saying that sombody sold a server for 10$...

Isn't there anyone who would build a gunz server and upload all the files and just post it with the link of the files, the files needed (like msyql) and then a tutorial how to set it up, Wow that would be awesome :)

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
hmm i heard my friend saying that sombody sold a server for 10$...

Isn't there anyone who would build a gunz server and upload all the files and just post it with the link of the files, the files needed (like msyql) and then a tutorial how to set it up, Wow that would be awesome :)

e-mail me if you know sombody who does that :), Robdewitkersepit@hotmail.com
why email you when i can tell you right here, the person that should be doing it is you

1. Why would anyone pay for a host and keep paying for host just so you can have a server that you did absolutely nothing on?

2.It is MSSQL needed not MySQL there is a huge difference

3.You and your "friend" need to go and see a doctor, you guys seem to have problems in your heads

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
why email you when i can tell you right here, the person that should be doing it is you

1. Why would anyone pay for a host and keep paying for host just so you can have a server that you did absolutely nothing on?

2.It is MSSQL needed not MySQL there is a huge difference

3.You and your "friend" need to go and see a doctor, you guys seem to have problems in your heads

TBH i think youre sick or something? Seriously dude don't insult me... You can buy a standard server so you don't have to do all those things, if you buy a server where bugs etc. are already fixed out then you don't have to do all that work so its more easyer for you...

Mssql, mysql w/e....

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
TBH i think youre sick or something? Seriously dude don't insult me... You can buy a standard server so you don't have to do all those things, if you buy a server where bugs etc. are already fixed out then you don't have to do all that work so its more easyer for you...

Mssql, mysql w/e....

Hey im new ^_^
well there is quite a big diffrence between Mssql and Mysql trust me,
Mysql is used for php games that use databases etc, Mssql is used for games like Gunz etc.

Big diffrence ... Big diffrence...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do not download these files they all have trojans in them

That's weird, Only the filelist.exe and GunzLauncher have viruses that I know of, but a good antivirus should fix it. If the application has similar functions that viruses do, but aren't harmful at all, your antivirus will still detect it as a virus.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I reuploaded a different Client.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Server.ini in MatchServer file

[DB]
DNS="GunzDB"
USERNAME="sa"
PASSWORD="YOUR SQL SERVER MANAGEMENT STUDIO EXPRESS PASSWORD"

Hi i have a problem with this part, the way i login is at the Authentication : Windows Authentication not SQL server authentication, so do i put my Server.ini like this?

[DB]
DNS="GunzDB"
USERNAME="sa"
PASSWORD=""

? please help i'm afraid there may be problems in the future thanks XD

Edit: I restarted the whole process and now i made the password, now i'm just stuck at the Client Setup and Decompile Part Please help thanks alot : )

Edit: and so i continued first while waiting for an answer then i reached the part where it says to decompile system.mrs or something this part

How to Compile/Decompile .mrs files
1) Download the "MRS Decompiler.exe" and extract the files to C:\GunzServer\MRS
2) Copy your desired .mrs file to the "C:\GunzServer\MRS" directory.
3) Run "MRS Decompiler.exe" and in the "decompile" box, type in server. You'r newly generated decompiled .mrs folder should appear!

i followed the step and created a MRS folder in the GunzServer folder and then inside there are 3 files, "mrs.exe, mrs decompile.exe and zlib.dll" and so i clicked mrs decompile.exe and then the thing came out and i type in system, and 1 more file in the MRS folder of mine appeared "decompile.bat" but not "system.mrs" why is that so did i do anything wrong? please help again : ) thanks

Edit: Nevermind i suddenly found a folder called system and did everything but there is no config.xml so instead i created one inside and the rest worked out great Thanks Man : )

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Nice tut Eagle ;)

Can someone tell me, is it possible to run this from a dedi host?? if it is, are there any tuts?

@AuraKing, about the password, i have been wondering the same thing, just hope someone will reply soon :p, And can someone maby explain how to obtain a username + password, lol as you can see im new to this, and want to learn as much as possible!

Edit: Ok nevermind, i found out how to create a sa password, :p google is ftw!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, How do i run the server? i tried running it with the Gunz Server Manager and it says "Lcator config load fail" so i decided to run it one by one starting with the MatchServer then MatchAgent and finally Locator everything worked out okay and when i try to go in to the server with GunzLauncher.exe or thedual.exe i go in and there's nothing no MatchServer1 no servers i can enter why is that so?

I've tried using the 2 clients the filelist enabled and the other one but still can't

Please help me out Thanks : )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back