• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Tutorial] Animated Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score

Hey RaGEZONE members, I'm Releasing this Tutorial because I don't want it to be Private, Sharing is Ducking Caring, keeping stuff that isn't yours Private is being a Selfish spanker.

Today i'll be Teaching you how to Make an "Animated Weapon" of your choice, It could be anything and everything, a Sword, a Shotgun, and even a Medkit, You'll have to know the Basics of Blender and Photoshop before attempting to achieve a working Animated Weapon, Let's get Started.

Tools Required:
-Blender ( )
-Photoshop ( )
-DDS Plugin for Photoshop ( )
-MRS Compiler / Decompiler (Download Here)
-ELU Exporter/Importer (Download Here [URL="http://forum.ragezone.com/f496/elu-blender-exporter-501172/"]and Here[/URL])

Step #1(Decompiling your Favorite Weapon):

Decompile Model.mrs , Grab your chosen Weapon(I'll be Using a Shotgun for this Tutorial) , Once you have chosen your favorite Weapon, copy it and it's Texture into a Folder.

Step #2(Choosing your Animated Textures):

Decompile SFX.mrs, and Grab The following Files:

lightning_ani01.bmp.dds
lightning_ani02.bmp.dds
lightning_ani03.bmp.dds
lightning_ani04.bmp.dds
lightning_ani05.bmp.dds
txa 6 200 lightning_ani00.bmp.dds
ef_lighteningball.elu

Place them in the same Folder you have your Weapon in.

Step #3(Time to use Blender):

Import your chosen Weapon into Blender, have the angle set on "Side view"(NumPad 3) , Now import the file "ef_lighteningball.elu" , If you did everything right It should look something like this:

RevolutioN - [Tutorial] Animated Weapons - RaGEZONE Forums

(I am using an Edited Version of the Texture files, that's why it's all Firey red.)

Step #4(Finishing Touches):

Now, You'll need to arrange the Textures on your Shotgun so it'll look Good in-game, I'll leave that up to you since It's a matter of Taste, some like it normal, Some like it wild, Here is my Final outcome after Arranging some of them and Deleting a few:

Step #5(Are we Satisfied with the Final Product?):

Once you're done Arranging the Files in Blender, Select Everything (A) , Export it (Version 7) , Place Everything in: "Model->Weapon->Shotgun" and by Everything I mean every single file that was in your Folder(Even the .Elu file).

Compile Model.mrs , Replace it, and Go test how it Looks in-game.

"Why does the Textures have a black Background?"

Well , that's where Photoshop kicks-in, you'll need to either Create or Edit Textures, Making them have an Alpha Channel, If You won't Be able to do so, I'll release the Textures I have which already has an Alpha channel and no Background in-game.

Final Result:

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
good tut bro,

i agree ragezones become extremely gay everyone's keeping poop private for no reason.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Amazing tut! xD I doubt i will be using this but i will reccomend it to other people! its amazing! woohoo!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Amazing ^^! Thanks for sharing ;].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back