Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] How to fix "servers not showing up"

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
How to fix "servers not showing up"​

First off, here are some basic configurations you need to know.
This is QUITE noob friendly.
I'm assuming you already did the relevant ODBC configurations. (For the database)
Feel free to ask questions if you are unclear and i will try to help you with it ASAP.
Anything thats written after a "//" is a description, do not bother about it.
More in-depth discription is at the bottom of this post.
The stuff that i post here are just the stuff you need to look out for in your server files or system.xml or database.
There are (obviously) more stuff in the files, these are just the essentials you need to change.

Locator.ini
Code:
DNS="GunzDB" [I][COLOR="Silver"]// Your database name[/COLOR][/I]
Port="8900" [I][COLOR="Silver"]// Just a port, leave it as it is.[/COLOR][/I]
Ip="Your wan ip" [I][COLOR="Silver"]// I'll explain "your wan ip" at bottom of the post.[/COLOR][/I]

Agentconfig.xml
Code:
<NAME>YOUR SERVER NAME HERE</NAME> [COLOR="Silver"][I]// The name of your server goes here.[/I][/COLOR]
<MAXCLIENT>200</MAXCLIENT> [I][COLOR="Silver"]//The maximum number of players you allow in 1 server.[/COLOR][/I]
<MATCHSERVERADDRESS ip="127.0.0.1" tcpport="6000"/> [I][COLOR="Silver"]//Leave it as it is.[/COLOR][/I]
<ADDRESS ip="Your wan ip" tcpport="7777" udpport="5100"/[I][COLOR="Silver"]//Leave the ports alone. I'll explain "your wan ip" at bottom of the post.
[/COLOR][/I]

server.ini
Code:
[DB]
DNS="GunzDB" [COLOR="Silver"][I]//Must be same as the DNS in Locator.ini , a.k.a. your database name.[/I][/COLOR]
USERNAME="sa" [I][COLOR="Silver"]//The username you used when you installed SMSE.[/COLOR][/I]
PASSWORD="xx" [COLOR="Silver"][I]//The password you used when you installed SMSE.[/I][/COLOR]

[SERVER]
MAXUSER=200 [I][COLOR="Silver"]//Same as the one you put for MAXCLIENT in Agentconfig.xml.[/COLOR][/I]
SERVERID=1 [I][COLOR="Silver"]//If you are only running 1 server, just leave it as 1.[/COLOR][/I]
SERVERNAME="YOUR SERVER NAME HERE" [I][COLOR="Silver"]//Must be same as the NAME you put in Agentconfig.xml[/COLOR][/I]
FREELOGINIP="" [COLOR="Silver"][I]//Leave it as it is.[/I][/COLOR]
KEEPERIP="127.0.0.1" [COLOR="Silver"][I]//Leave it as it is.[/I][/COLOR]
MONITORIP="127.0.0.1" [I][COLOR="Silver"]//Leave it as it is.[/COLOR][/I]
MONITORPORT=9000 [COLOR="Silver"][I]//Leave is as it is.[/I][/COLOR]
MODE="test" [I][COLOR="Silver"]//test for quest server. clan for clan server. I'll explain more at bottom.
[/COLOR][/I]
[LOCALE]
DBAgentPort=5100 [I][COLOR="Silver"]//Leave it as it is.[/COLOR][/I]
DBAgentIP=127.0.0.1 [I][COLOR="Silver"]//Leave is as it is.[/COLOR][/I]

system.xml
Code:
	<LOCATORLIST>
		<LOCATOR id="1" IP="your wan ip" /> [COLOR="Silver"][I]//I'll explain "you wan ip" at bottom.[/I][/COLOR]
		</LOCATORLIST>

<TLOCATORLIST>
		<LOCATOR id="1" IP="your wan ip" />  [I][COLOR="Silver"]//I'll explain "you wan ip" at bottom.[/COLOR][/I]
		</TLOCATORLIST>

dbo.ServerStatus
Code:
ServerID = 1 [I][COLOR="Silver"]//Same as the ID you put in server.ini[/COLOR][/I]
MaxPlayer = 200 [I][COLOR="Silver"]//Same as the one you put in server.ini and Agentconfig.xml[/COLOR][/I]
Ip = your wan ip [I][COLOR="Silver"]//I'll explain at bottom[/COLOR][/I]
port = 6000 [I][COLOR="Silver"]//Leave it as it is.[/COLOR][/I]
ServerName = YOURSERVERNAMEHERE [I][COLOR="Silver"]//Must be same as the NAME you put in Agentconfig.xml and server.ini[/COLOR][/I]
Opened = 1 [I][COLOR="Silver"]// Leave it as it is.[/COLOR][/I]
type = 4 [I][COLOR="Silver"]// 1=Debug Server 2=Normal MatchServer 3=Clan WarServer 4=Quest Server 5=Event Server and must correspond with the one you put for MODE in server.ini[/COLOR][/I]

Port Forward:
YOU NEED TO OPEN/FORWARD YOUR PORTS IF NOT YOUR SERVER WON'T SHOW.
These are the ports you need to portforward. visit if you don't understand.
Code:
5100 udp
6000 tcp
7000 to 7777 tcp and udp
8900 tcp
Different routers have different ways, and i cannot teach you how to do it. Figure it out, it's not that hard. (Everything you need to know is shown on your router's webpage.
This is how my port-forward page looks like:
YOURS MAY/WILL DIFFER. (Mine's D-Link DIR-655)
lxchadxl - [Tutorial] How to fix "servers not showing up" - RaGEZONE Forums
Take note . at the page where you port forward, they will require your ipv4 IP address, this can be found like this :
CLICK TO ENLARGE.

Your WAN ip address can be found at and the numbers there is your WAN ip. THIS IS THE IP you insert into all the places above of which i have said "your wan ip" THIS IS YOUR WAN IP.

192.168.x.x is a private IPv4 network address. Home routers can use it to establish the default gateway. On such routers, you can access its administrative console by pointing a Web browser to . The address you type into your browser to port forward would be similar to this. THIS IS NOT YOUR WAN IP.

If your IP, like mine, is always changing. follow this guide http://forum.ragezone.com/f497/tut-...thout-dynamic-ip-advance-not-for-noob-567116/ credits to omgisavedyou .

If i am missing out anything, please comment.
If you need more help, please comment as well.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Really good guide dude,but when I'm editing my launcher by the Hex Edit to my WAN IP and after it save it I cannot access to the launcher and it's give me "dont send" error and the icon of the launcher even do not show.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Did you clear up any of the "excess" stuff with 0s on the left? :eek:

Do this with a new launcher L

Let's say your wan ip is 111.222.33.4

so go to and change it to 111.222.33.44/Launcher/start.htmll and as you can see, there is an excess "l" at the end of it. cilck on that l and on the left side, 2 letters/numbers will be highlighted. click on them on the left side and change these 2 letters/numbers to "00". this will clear any "Excess" . do this for the other 3 ips too.

I'm assuming you have your own auto-update server. if not, just try doing this first. open notepad, type @SKIP_UPDATE then click on save as.. GunzLauncher.ini and change type to "all files" then put this into your gunzfolder. this will make the launcher skip the check for an update. and you will know whether it worked or not. if it worked then you can go w ork on your auto-update.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you clear up any of the "excess" stuff with 0s on the left? :eek:

Do this with a new launcher L

Let's say your wan ip is 111.222.33.4

so go to and change it to 111.222.33.44/Launcher/start.htmll and as you can see, there is an excess "l" at the end of it. cilck on that l and on the left side, 2 letters/numbers will be highlighted. click on them on the left side and change these 2 letters/numbers to "00". this will clear any "Excess" . do this for the other 3 ips too.

I'm assuming you have your own auto-update server. if not, just try doing this first. open notepad, type @SKIP_UPDATE then click on save as.. GunzLauncher.ini and change type to "all files" then put this into your gunzfolder. this will make the launcher skip the check for an update. and you will know whether it worked or not. if it worked then you can go w ork on your auto-update.

I made what you told me on the GunzLauncher and I copied my WAN IP to the places you said me.
I added on the html the "l" and it writed me a "." and its changes the things on the right side to all of them to "0"
I did it on the 3 IP's and saved the launcher but still the same error and the icon of the launcher doesn't show.
I appreciate your trying to help me and I'm thank you :)
can you tell me your MSN/Skype or something I will be able to contact with you cause it's will be much better and faster.
thanks again.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How to fix "servers not showing up"​

First off, here are some basic configurations you need to know.
This is QUITE noob friendly. Feel free to ask questions if you are unclear and i will try to help you with it ASAP.
Anything thats written after a "//" is a description, do not bother about it.
More in-depth discription is at the bottom of this post.
The stuff that i post here are just the stuff you need to look out for in your server files or system.xml or database.
There are (obviously) more stuff in the files, these are just the essentials you need to change.

Locator.ini
Code:
DNS="GunzDB" [I][COLOR=Silver]// Your database name[/COLOR][/I]
Port="8900" [I][COLOR=Silver]// Just a port, leave it as it is.[/COLOR][/I]
Ip="Your wan ip" [I][COLOR=Silver]// I'll explain "your wan ip" at bottom of the post.[/COLOR][/I]
Agentconfig.xml
Code:
<NAME>YOUR SERVER NAME HERE</NAME> [COLOR=Silver][I]// The name of your server goes here.[/I][/COLOR]
<MAXCLIENT>200</MAXCLIENT> [I][COLOR=Silver]//The maximum number of players you allow in 1 server.[/COLOR][/I]
<MATCHSERVERADDRESS ip="127.0.0.1" tcpport="6000"/> [I][COLOR=Silver]//Leave it as it is.[/COLOR][/I]
<ADDRESS ip="Your wan ip" tcpport="7777" udpport="5100"/[I][COLOR=Silver]//Leave the ports alone. I'll explain "your wan ip" at bottom of the post.
[/COLOR][/I]
server.ini
Code:
[DB]
DNS="GunzDB" [COLOR=Silver][I]//Must be same as the DNS in Locator.ini , a.k.a. your database name.[/I][/COLOR]
USERNAME="sa" [I][COLOR=Silver]//The username you used when you installed SMSE.[/COLOR][/I]
PASSWORD="xx" [COLOR=Silver][I]//The password you used when you installed SMSE.[/I][/COLOR]

[SERVER]
MAXUSER=200 [I][COLOR=Silver]//Same as the one you put for MAXCLIENT in Agentconfig.xml.[/COLOR][/I]
SERVERID=1 [I][COLOR=Silver]//If you are only running 1 server, just leave it as 1.[/COLOR][/I]
SERVERNAME="YOUR SERVER NAME HERE" [I][COLOR=Silver]//Must be same as the NAME you put in Agentconfig.xml[/COLOR][/I]
FREELOGINIP="" [COLOR=Silver][I]//Leave it as it is.[/I][/COLOR]
KEEPERIP="127.0.0.1" [COLOR=Silver][I]//Leave it as it is.[/I][/COLOR]
MONITORIP="127.0.0.1" [I][COLOR=Silver]//Leave it as it is.[/COLOR][/I]
MONITORPORT=9000 [COLOR=Silver][I]//Leave is as it is.[/I][/COLOR]
MODE="test" [I][COLOR=Silver]//test for quest server. clan for clan server. I'll explain more at bottom.
[/COLOR][/I]
[LOCALE]
DBAgentPort=5100 [I][COLOR=Silver]//Leave it as it is.[/COLOR][/I]
DBAgentIP=127.0.0.1 [I][COLOR=Silver]//Leave is as it is.[/COLOR][/I]
system.xml
Code:
    <LOCATORLIST>
        <LOCATOR id="1" IP="your wan ip" /> [COLOR=Silver][I]//I'll explain "you wan ip" at bottom.[/I][/COLOR]
        </LOCATORLIST>

<TLOCATORLIST>
        <LOCATOR id="1" IP="your wan ip" />  [I][COLOR=Silver]//I'll explain "you wan ip" at bottom.[/COLOR][/I]
        </TLOCATORLIST>
dbo.ServerStatus
Code:
ServerID = 1 [I][COLOR=Silver]//Same as the ID you put in server.ini[/COLOR][/I]
MaxPlayer = 200 [I][COLOR=Silver]//Same as the one you put in server.ini and Agentconfig.xml[/COLOR][/I]
Ip = your wan ip [I][COLOR=Silver]//I'll explain at bottom[/COLOR][/I]
port = 6000 [I][COLOR=Silver]//Leave it as it is.[/COLOR][/I]
ServerName = YOURSERVERNAMEHERE [I][COLOR=Silver]//Must be same as the NAME you put in Agentconfig.xml and server.ini[/COLOR][/I]
Opened = 1 [I][COLOR=Silver]// Leave it as it is.[/COLOR][/I]
type = 4 [I][COLOR=Silver]// 1=Debug Server 2=Normal MatchServer 3=Clan WarServer 4=Quest Server 5=Event Server and must correspond with the one you put for MODE in server.ini[/COLOR][/I]
Launcher:
YOUR LAUNCHER NEEDS TO BE EDITED AS WELL IF NOT YOUR SERVERS WILL NOT SHOW.
Open your launcher using hex editor.
press ctrl+f and type in . and change type to "Text string" and then enter.
Once you find it, change the 5.226.222.555/Launcher/start.html to wanip/Launcher/start.html and if there are any left overs, click on the left side and change the numbers to "00" to give it a null.
Scroll down slightly and you will find 2 more 5.226.222.555 and change them to your WAN IP too.

These are the ports you need to portforward. visit if you don't understand.
Different routers have different ways, and i cannot teach you how to do it. Figure it out, it's not that hard.
Take note . at the page where you port forward, they will require your ipv4 IP address, this can be found like this :
CLICK TO ENLARGE.
Code:
5100 udp
6000 tcp
7000 to 7777 tcp and udp
8900 tcp
Your WAN ip address can be found at and the numbers there is your WAN ip. THIS IS THE IP you insert into all the places above of which i have said "your wan ip" THIS IS YOUR WAN IP.

192.168.x.x is a private IPv4 network address. Home routers can use it to establish the default gateway. On such routers, you can access its administrative console by pointing a Web browser to . The address you type into your browser to port forward would be similar to this. THIS IS NOT YOUR WAN IP.

If your IP, like mine, is always changing. follow this guide http://forum.ragezone.com/f497/tut-...thout-dynamic-ip-advance-not-for-noob-567116/ credits to omgisavedyou .

If i am missing out anything, please comment.
If you need more help, please comment as well.
you do not need to do the servername in serverstatus.dbo it does that part automatically you only need to do the id, ip, port and type

1= match
2=event
3=clan
4=quest
5=debug

i don't remember if 1,2 or 5 are right they could be wrong but there are 5 different types

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the ports doesnt work! i alredy tried to port forward a lot of ports on all the tutorials and it doesnt work can somebody help me with that??

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
add me on msn. Illl try to help, I'm churrenly having my exams so I won't be very active. I'll help you if I get online. You may wanna search some other threads too.

Or maybe you guys can drop me an email. I'll reply it as well. Ron, tell me your ip adress I'll hex edit for you. chaddie80@yahoo.com.sg

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got a problem
When I try to Edit the Gunz Launcher and then Save it, it says that I can not Open the Launcher when I wanna open it.

Help?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
use a new launcher. Go to maxtrax's tut and see how he did it. When I can get on my comp I'll show you how.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm on the msn waiting for you to get online.
I hope it's will fix the non show servers if yes you are a genius :D

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I doubt I will be getting on anytime soon. Can you wait till October 15? Btw, did you port forward?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I doubt I will be getting on anytime soon. Can you wait till October 15? Btw, did you port forward?

I don't want to wait till 15 October dude I want to open my Gunz as fast as possible.
And I didn't port forwarding,I'm online right now on the msn and waiting for you dude please login when you see this message.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
i guess it's a bleh tutorial for the non-technological savvies, but really, the only thing that's needed for this tutorial is the portforward part. Launcher part is not needed at all, that just connects your launcher's webpage to the one you set, and does nothing else. The system/server.ini, and all that other stuff is already explained in the tutorials that teach you how to set up a server. I can't really say it's a good tutorial, cuz all you really did was take what other people have said, and put it in your own words.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
dude, the launcher part is needed. Well at least the first ip of it is. Try connecting to your own server without editing your launcher. Rofl.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its really not hard to setup a GunZ server... The guides that are posted here are basic and to the point. You can find guides on port forwarding by using google. Also you need to know what you are doing,Are you using a modem or are you using a router...
As far as Hex editing the exe it pretty simple just take your time and read the guides....

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
dude, the launcher part is needed. Well at least the first ip of it is. Try connecting to your own server without editing your launcher. Rofl.

lol!!!! You just proved you have no idea what you're doing, and that you only posted information from other people's tutorials without giving them credit. I can easily connect to my server by using a different launcher if I wanted to, because the thing is, the launcher isn't what connects you to the server. It's your runnable/system. You obviously have no idea what the two IPs do. Let me tell you. The first IP connects the launcher's web page to the web page you tell it to. In other words, the web page that comes up when the launcher is opened; that's what that ip connects to. The second IP connects to the place the launcher picks up any updates you put on your updater. Neither of them are necessary in order to get the launcher to connect to connect to the runnable. Since the runnable connects to the server, it doesn't matter what you put in that area.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
lol!!!! You just proved you have no idea what you're doing, and that you only posted information from other people's tutorials without giving them credit. I can easily connect to my server by using a different launcher if I wanted to, because the thing is, the launcher isn't what connects you to the server. It's your runnable/system. You obviously have no idea what the two IPs do. Let me tell you. The first IP connects the launcher's web page to the web page you tell it to. In other words, the web page that comes up when the launcher is opened; that's what that ip connects to. The second IP connects to the place the launcher picks up any updates you put on your updater. Neither of them are necessary in order to get the launcher to connect to connect to the runnable. Since the runnable connects to the server, it doesn't matter what you put in that area.

Aw man, I do know what i'm talking about. I made a mistake :(

When i first started out, my server didn't work until I managed to hex edit my launcher and thats when it worked. So all along i've thought that was the problem.

Sorry for my ignorance.

ontopic:
Guys, your problem isn't with the launcher. It's with the fact that you didn't :
1)Port Forward
2)Port Forward correctly.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Aw man, I do know what i'm talking about. I made a mistake :(

When i first started out, my server didn't work until I managed to hex edit my launcher and thats when it worked. So all along i've thought that was the problem.

Sorry for my ignorance.

ontopic:
Guys, your problem isn't with the launcher. It's with the fact that you didn't :
1)Port Forward
2)Port Forward correctly.

That's sure the problem ,but I don't know how to Port Forward can you help me with this ?
and which ports should I Portforwarding?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I just updated the first post. Hope the screenshot's are able to help you.

Back