Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TUTORIAL] Run more than 1 server on the same machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Master Summoner
Reaction score
Does anyone got a working 2003 VS link to compile this ?

Rival Gamers Owner
Reaction score
took me 2 mins to find

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thanks ownprox, I was looking for that link.

Rival Gamers Owner
Reaction score
i found it ill upload it once ive downloaded it geez hate torrents getting 100kbs / 800kbs

Rival Gamers Owner
Reaction score

apparently you mout one of the install isos when u start getting ignore try again or cancle you mount the other iso

so eva write them to disk
these 3 i belive
.install disk1
.install disk2
.prereg

then install disk 1 then 2 and then prereg

please say thanks took me ages to find a working one.
theres only like 5 of these left on the net

Rival Gamers Owner
Reaction score
i installed disk one and two and heres the output
---------------------- Done ----------------------

Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped

Master Summoner
Reaction score
I cant use the torrent files because of my antivirus =S

Do you got another exe download link for vista :| ?

Rival Gamers Owner
Reaction score
i torrented it then uploaded it lol use daemond tools to mount it

Rival Gamers Owner
Reaction score
ive done that thats what that link is if u dont wanna download add me on msn fatalgunz@live.co.uk and ill compile for u after u giving me the 2 ips and ports

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Yes.

Is there any other way, instead of using 2 IPs?

As Wizkid said, you can, you just need to find and detour another function who can identify the server by it's ID. I'm not sure about ZPostLogin, I'm gonna do a little research to find out.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
So basically you still get AE on one of the matchservers?

Got the olly part done, now i'm wondering how to change the port for matchserver, I remember something about port.txt, but I'm not quite sure.

And BTW, I can still run only one instance of matchserver at a time, it waits for the other one to close before it initializes... wtf?

Last edited:
RageZone GunZ | Ex-Owner
Reaction score
Since a lot of people have requested that feature and i know how to do it, i am making this tutorial, this tutorial is NOT noob friendly, because it need to edit some things via ASM (explained in the tutorial) and change some data in a DLL and compile it.

First of all, i will explain why when you run 2 matchservers in the same PC one of them gets Agent Error, the MatchServer use two ports (only one of those are easily configurable, the TCP Port), one is the 6000 and the other is the port 7777.

The port 6000 are used to recv and send normal packets like the login packet, char list packet, etc..., but the 7777 is a UDP port, is used by the client to receive some information about the peers, when you run another server, you only change the TCP port but not the UDP one, so the client cant get the peer information from the 2nd server because its owned by the first one.

To avoid that problem we need to make two changes, one on the client side part and the other in the server part.

Server Part:

Open up the MatchServer.exe in ollydbg, wait until the analysis has been finished and do this steps.

• Right click in the CPU view ( where all the ASM code is shown )
  • Select Search For -> All Constant
  • A new dialog will apear, with 3 text boxes, in the 2nd box (the signed one) put 7777 and click ok.
  • You now will be in the results window, you will see two PUSH 1E61, double click in the first one.
  • You now will be in the magical line, double click on it to modify the value to PUSH ThePort, be careful because its a hexadecimal number ( 1E61 = 7777 ).
  • Save that number because you will need it later
  • Do the same for all of your servers but remember to use a different port on each one.
  • You are done.
Client Part:

I have attached to the post a example DLL project, download and open it and read the comments.

You also need to change the IP to a different IP in your 2nd server at the ServerStatus table, you cant have the same ip for the two servers in the serverstatus table-

Oh ty, hope this works for meh.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello. Looking Client Part for VS2008 or tutorial, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back