Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[SA-MP][DEV] RolePlay gamemode based on SQL from scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, I will be the voice of reason...
There are like tons of RP scripts available already, the game client uses SQLite (built in to it) so why go with SQL? There are many RP servers online and they have 10 out of 250 people playing, compared to Cops and Robbers and Death Match servers that have 50 out of 250.

To explain for those who don't know about the system; GTA SA-MP runs a script file called gamemode written and compiled in Pawn or Pawno. There are DM, PvP, RP, etc. scripts already free to use with SQLite databases ready to rock n roll. All anyone "needs" to do is download the script for gamemode they desire, then add some small filter scripts to make theirs "different" from others. Setting up the server can be done either in Linux or Windows. Some port forwarding on your router and publish the connection.

I wish Pauljeki the best with his server, but RP on that game is deathlike because the psychological mindset of the player is attuned to PvP and DM. You will need a website to advertise the server since just announcing places you in the mix of well over 3000 servers already online. I wouldn't expect much from donations with RP server. Here is an example of a RP server rules and why they fail; please.

My advice, get a simple Freeroam script and tell people that they are free to RP and do what they like. Get a free webpage and add the needed IP to all your sigs. Don't advertise as RP but Freeroam allowing RP and PvP.

Best Wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back