Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] [SA:MP] San Andreas: Multiplayer Server & Client Files | 0.3z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Junkers - [Release] [SA:MP] San Andreas: Multiplayer Server & Client Files | 0.3z - RaGEZONE Forums

CLIENT/SERVER FILES & GUIDE

Welcome to the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas MultiPlayer (SA:MP) Server Files thread! In this thread you will find all the download links you will need to set up a SA:MP server, play Multiplayer servers and enjoy a completely different gaming experience in the world of GTA. All these download links have been taken from , the official SA:MP site. You will also find sections on basic SA:MP controls, how to join servers, setting up your server and much more. If you have any questions or problems, you can contact me (RaGEZONE - MMORPG server development forums - View Profile: Junkers) via a PM or on this thread.

~ System Requirements ~

(Credits to Superfun for the requirements)

Minimum Requirements

* 1 GHz Processor
* Pentium 3 / Athlon or equivalent
* 256MB RAM
* Win 98/Me/2000/Xp
* 64MB Graphics Card (DirectX 9 compatible)
* Radeon 8500 / GeForce 3 or equivalent
* 8X DVD-ROM Drive
* 3.6GB free HD space
* DirectX 9 compatible soundcard

Recommended Requirements

* Intel pentium 4 HT 2,8 Ghz Processor Intel pentium D 3.0 GHZ / AMD Athlon X2 3800+
* 1GB RAM
* Win 98/Me/2000/Xp
* PCIe 256MB Graphics Card (DirectX 9c compatible)
* Radeon X800 / GeForce 6,7 or equivalent
* 16X DVD-ROM Drive
* 5.0GB free HD space
* DirectX 9 compatible soundcard

~ REQUIRED TO PLAY ~

SA:MP R 0.3z Client
GTA: San Andreas (the real game or a torrent - whatever kind, you must have the game. Also, take note that the Steam version of the game is not supported and will not work.)

==== SERVER FLES & CLIENT FILES ====

SA:MP 0.3z Server Files:

Windows:
Linux:

SA:MP 0.3z Client :

3rd Party Patch - Downgrade SA:MP USA/EU 2.0 to 1.0 (required to play):

SA:MP Services Agreement (Public servers only)

Included in the server files:

Junkers - [Release] [SA:MP] San Andreas: Multiplayer Server & Client Files | 0.3z - RaGEZONE Forums

(From left to right, starting from the top)
  • samp-server (This is the acutal server which opens in an MSDoS window)
  • announce (This announces your server onto the Master Servers list - In the server.cfg file set announce to 1 to add it to the Master Servers List)
  • SA MP Client (This is the acutal client where the servers are listed and entered through)
  • server (A .cfg file used to configure your server's settings like name, maximum players and name etc)
  • gamemodes (Contains all the gamemodes that can be played on the server - never delete this)
  • pawno (Inside this folder is the PAWNO script tool, it is used to create the gamemodes)
  • filterscripts (These edit how the game is played and only work if added to the server.cfg file (without the .amx suffix))
  • scriptfiles (Acts as a sort of database, the names of registered users are stored here)
  • server-readme (The readme files)
  • samp-license (Your SA:MP license)
  • USERDATA (Have no idea what it's for)
  • server_log (Logs all the data from the server)
  • sa-mp-0.2.2-R2 (This is the client installer)
  • GTA San Andreas (The actual game - place in a folder then install the client into this folder and "pair" it with the game - illegal or legal, who cares?)
Credits to: blackhawkx - Some things I never fully understood :p
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOW TO INSTALL SA:MP 0.2.2 CLIENT
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, get the acutal Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas game (fake or real, I don't care) and create a folder. Drag the game's icon into this folder. Download the Client and install it into this folder. You must "pair" it with your copy of GTA: San Andreas. If you just wanna play GTA:SA online, start up the client and browse through the servers. When you've found one, enter your name in the box provided on the console and double click the server and click "Connect" (ignore the RCON Password field) and you will be directed to the game startup. If you wanna download the server files, download them into the same folder as the client. If you wanna know how to make a server go to the official site for tips and such. I dunno how to make a server, never really did wanna know. Now that you have your client, it will look like this:

For further know-how on using the SA:MP Client look further down in this post.

PLAYING YOUR SA:MP SERVER​

I guarantee most of you will not know how to connect to your own server. First off, edit your settings in the server file (open it in notepad) and change your RCON password, the server name and choose your gamemode. Now run the server (titled samp-server) and it'll begin in an MSDoS window. Now on the SA:MP Client, click the orange tick and an Input box will open. Enter the IP:pORT in here. The default port is 7777. If you wanna connect to your own server you connect through the LocalHost. So in this box you enter 127.0.0.1:7777 . Now your server is in your favourites list. Double click your server and click "Connect" and the SA:MP window will open. You will then connect to the server where you can choose your character and begin the game! Your SA:MP server will open in an MSDoS window and will look like this:

SA:MP SERVER CONTROLS​

The controls are weird. No wonder, it's a computer game. Here is a list of the common commands of SA:MP servers....

T - Open the chat box
WSAD or arrow keys - Up/Down/Left/Right
Enter or H - Enter a car (driver's seat)
G - Enter a car (passanger)
Right-click - Aim your gun
Left Click - Fire weapon
(In car) H or Caps Lock - Honk horn
(Ingame) Left Shift - Jump
(Character Select) Left Shift - Enter game
(Character Select) Left/Right - Choose character skin
(Hold) Tab - Player menu: Includes Players names, pings and IDs
Pg Up and Pg Down - Scroll through the chat and through the players names on the player menu

CONFIGURING YOUR OWN SA:MP SERVER'S SPECIFICATIONS​

Your can personalise your server by choosing the name, the gamemode and how many people play it. Rightclick on the file names server(.cfg) and view it in notepad. What you will now see is the server.cfg contents (without the red writing):

What's in red is a "guide" as to what you can do with the text. I recommend you do not edit the text for the server echo.

GENERAL SA:MP KNOW-HOW​
  • SA:MP is available for Windows and Linux ONLY. It has one or two small problems on Vista.
  • Just click "Connect" on the client to connect to a server. You can bring up the connect option by double-clicking on a server.
  • SA:MP servers can sometimes crash.
  • PAWNO is the only way to create gamemode scripts for SA:MP.
  • Vehicles that are spawned ingame are known as "StaticVehicle" in the gamemode code.
  • You can pay for a host to host your server at .
  • There are over 5 official servers run by SA:MP administrators. One of the best servers is the [KFC] PartyServer.
  • Your connection strength is determined by your "ping". The higher the ping the crappier the connection.
  • There are other mods for San Andreas. When used with SA:MP they tend to crash your computer.
  • To connect to a server you must enter the IP:pORT. For example, to connect to your own server you connect through your LocalHost so you would enter :127.0.0.1:7777 (providing you set your port to 7777 which is the default port).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HELPFUL LINKS​
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

frozenrat's Guide on switching Gamemodes: http://forum.ragezone.com/f415/guide-switching-game-modes-378126/
Official SA:MP Forums (frozen remove if this breaks any rules):

FAQs thread by me: http://forum.ragezone.com/f415/faqs-376605/
Script Showroom - a huge list with Gamemodes, Filterscripts and much more: http://forum.ragezone.com/f415/scripts-showroom-fs-gm-etc-378883/
lol!@'s guide to setting up and controlling a SA:MP server: http://forum.ragezone.com/f415/guide-how-make-control-your-server-new-map-downloads-376705/

IN-GAME SCREENSHOTS​

Have fun with SA:MP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Re: [Server Files] GTA: San Andreas MultiPlayer Server Files & Client

Does mod actions: *Stickies* :p

Lol

~ SkillZ

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score

Heh lol.

Just ask if you have any troubles downloading the client or operating the server. I'm sure frozenrat will be on duty to answer all PAWNO coding questions ^^

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Do i need the real registerd GTA : SA for this, or can i use warez?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

atleast you are posting something good lol :) good tutorial.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score

Both work fine. I don't recommend promoting warez though

atleast you are posting something good lol :) good tutorial.

Yeah, this is basically all you need. If it's not server hosting, then all you need is the R 0.2.2 client

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Both work fine. I don't recommend promoting warez though

The thing is 4 GBs. i can host a server if you want. i got a pretty good comp with a 3mb connection :p

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score

Have you got the official game? Like one you bought from a store?

Loyal Member
Reaction score

I've always used a cracked version off the 'nets (that is, a rip without the big files like radio), always worked fine.

(And you can improvise it with the user track player anyway)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Have you got the official game? Like one you bought from a store?

Nah, Internet has everything.. if you catch my drift :p

Laz.. what's your msn.. ill add you.. and we'll talk :p

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score

A PM is just as good ^^

Yeah if you have to get it by those means of obtaining the game then go ahead. The file is very large.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

well i found an error in this guide, If you want just to play the game online, just install the client i sanandreas folder, becouse the client needs the sanandreas.exe to run. if you want more info just see the oficial web page in the help section, but the server files are amazing, thanks for the info man!!

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score

No problem, it's all there: commands, screenies, the files, the client, all you will ever need is the client and the game.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

No problem, it's all there: commands, screenies, the files, the client, all you will ever need is the client and the game.

Laz, Reply to my PM :p

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Little Whiteys are the best server source that GTA has

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

w00t now more people from RZ will maybe play

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Frozen, This should be stickied :p

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Thanks for this Laz, I'm sure alot of people will refer to this when making a server.

Experienced Elementalist
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Thanks laz low, should help me get into samp. (ps reply to my pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back