Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] [SA:MP] Switching game modes

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Okay so I saw someone ask about how to switch game modes, so I'll make a simple guide on it.:rolleyes:

This may not be as detailed as some other guides, but hopefully it will help you understand, and if not, just post here.

First of all, Find a game mode on like, Read around on the SA:MP forum, here's a link to the release section that will have some game modes.

As an example I'm going to use my custom game mode which can be found here
http://forum.ragezone.com/f415/release-gm-fr-s-custom-cops-robbers-376638/

So first, Get the .AMX file and extract it somewhere, such as your desktop
frozenrat - [Tutorial] [SA:MP] Switching game modes - RaGEZONE Forums

You then want to drag it into your Samp Game Mode folder ,which can be found in the folder where you extracted all the files that were included in the server kit, which can be found at

Once it's moved into your GameMode folder the server will be able to read it as a game mode, but first you have to set it as the game mode, Which is the next step

Go back to the main folder with all the server files and open server.cfg with Notepad, There you will change the game mode, So where it says "gamemode0" is your current game mode, change it to the name of whatever the file was, if you're following me exactly with the GM I used, you just deleted the current one and type in FRGM.

After that just save and close, then run the server as you usually would, it should load the game mode you set

Hope this helps, and as a side tip, you add filterscripts the same way, just put them into the Filterscripts folder, and put the name of the filterscript into the server.cfg.

Gold
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [Guide]Switching game modes

Very nicee for new people. Well done.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: [Tutorial] Switching game modes

thankyou soo much

this definately helps me

btw what is the purpose of filterscrips

Newbie Spellweaver