Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[1st playable release]HAZEC MU Client Remake

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I Test this cliente and Server and all work , open in firefox

Client Download Link:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
<span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Roboto, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">

New items, new models, new textures.

Choose de "Choose Me" button

WebGL:

Win64:

For More:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, it's nice that you are making progress but the animations are so badly timed that it's basically destroying any reason to play the game in this form.

Some hints:

Movement itself should be linear (you have unnecessary acceleration which makes no gameplay sense and looks terrible).

Animations (attack, movements etc) should switch instantly, without inbetween interpolation.

The rotations should happen immediately, you have introduced inertia and angular momentum which is completely unnecesary.

All animations should be speeded up.

The character does not follow the mouse pointer when I keep the left mouse button pressed.

When you hover over an empty inventory slot, an item tooltip appears with the last item tooltip you have seen.

Minimap shows that my character is standing on a river while I'm standing on the bridge.

Some typos.

What I like:

I like what you did with inventory. Item tooltips are nicely designed and I like the introduction of HP regen on rings and Mana regen on pendant.

Water is nice.

There is still a lot of work to do before it gets playable. But keep up the great work.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thank you. For your reply.

I did not like the animations too, it is my first project with 3D in unity and I'm having a lot of problems with the animations. The character control part is all managed by default Unity3D controller, I have not made any progress in this direction.

I started an Android project, will be my fourth game, so i ran a bit to finish the inventory system and the mini map, I wanted to have at least one video to show the MU project.

The monsters are controlled by the server, as well the drops. It is possible to view and interact with other players on the server, so I had to improvise and create this offline version of the game.

Some things were not as good as I wanted. I did not have time to finish the entire map, so some things were left out. The inner city and the rest of the map.

I always thought that part of the regeneration of life was something necessary for the game, so I implemented it:laugh:

Thank you again.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I need your help again.

If you can acess the game and test somethings i'll be glad.

As an individual developer i need tester to test all login phase. Login, select/create char, kill mobs, pick itens, try to level up, equip itens and test data persistent. Chat if there are another player.

WebGL:
x64:

Some tips:
Start WebGL player in an individual browser instance.
XPBar is not working.
There are only Giant Spider and budge dragons.
The game stop when u die.

I need only the login phase, please help. Thank you

UserNames. test1, test2, test3, test4, test5. Password: test

Reaction score
- Current Settings
Windows resolution: 1366x768
Memory: 6GB

pcdubaum - [1st playable release]HAZEC MU Client Remake - RaGEZONE Forums

On "Windows mode", the top of the game just get cut out. Need put "Full Windows Mode" to actually see all the game frame.

-
login -> create character -> Try to login:
pcdubaum - [1st playable release]HAZEC MU Client Remake - RaGEZONE Forums

Got stuck there, unable to enter the world.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for your time @Oroch.

1 - I'm targeting a minimal of 1280x720. Your computer can do this, in full scree.

2 - Outo of memory is a common issue in Google Chrome. Chrome shares memory with all open tabs, the game tells Chrome to alocate X, but this X is shared by other tabs.

I'm using Microsoft Edge as my gamming browser or u can open a new Chrome windows with no tabs.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
2 - Outo of memory is a common issue in Google Chrome. Chrome shares memory with all open tabs, the game tells Chrome to alocate X, but this X is shared by other tabs.
Not only. Chrome has different script loading pipeline. It doesn't release compilation junk before script execution. Emscripten is trying to allocate whole heap while scripts sources and compiler data are still allocated in the same process (usually 32 bit). It's known memory spike you can't avoid right now. There are more issues in chrome like memory leaks especially in older releases, so I'd recommend to update browser to the newest version and use 64 bit versions if You can. While asm.js is purely 32 bit right now, 64 bit browser can still allocate more data for parsers and internal compilers so it won't run into out of memory problem.

Unity's webgl is not ready to run out of the box right now. You have to optimize it heavily and change some programming habits. WebAssembly is the way to go, but it's still experimental technology both in unity and all main browsers (chrome, firefox, edge and safari). It will take ~2 years until mature and well equipped version of wasm will hit common user browser. By mature version i consider wasm with full multi-threading support and stable memory growth in 64 bit environment.

Reaction score
Thank you for your time @Oroch.

I'm using Microsoft Edge as my gamming browser or u can open a new Chrome windows with no tabs.

Actually, tested two times last night, one of them I closed every Chrome instance an open only one windows in incognito mode (of course with just the game tab).
The result was the same.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Connection Tests]HAZEC MU Client/Server Remake

I made some tests and the answe is now clear. Do not use Google Chrome. Windows 10 for all tests

High-end machine (Core i7 4790k @ 4.5hz, 16 GB of ram, 970 GTX)
Google Chrome:
Load time: High
Time between scens: Fast
Enter game: Out of memory Exception.

Microsoft Edge:
Load Time: Average
Enter game: The game is nice.

Mid machine (AMD 8350, 8 GB of ram, 380x)
Google Chrome:
Load time: High

Microsoft Edge:
Load Time: Average
Enter game: The game is nice.

6-7 years old machine (AMD Phenon II, 4 GB of ram, AMD HD GPU)
Google Chrome:
Load time: Ultra-f@ckin-High
Time between scens: Ultra-f@ckin-High

Microsoft Edge:
Load Time: Ultra-f@ckin-High
Time between scens: Ultra-f@ckin-High
Enter game: The game have limitations

===========

So a made a new lightter release and the results are the same.
x64:

Last edited:
Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Great project you have here #pcdubaum, been watching it for a while now. Keep up the awesome work :).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you.

I started this project as a self learning project but i reached an interesting point.

I got some models from MU Origin: http://forum.ragezone.com/f195/pad-vine-monsters-wings-maps-1121860/

The project is growing and i cant manage Client and Server development on my own. I can share the server code but i am unable to share client due 3rt party assets, from unity asses store.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have another work to do in next couple mounths, so here are all my work.

Unity Project: https://mega.nz/#!5xZ3gIaC!i9F-2U1NruGZ4xaJsTxzOKGw7edqFSINKmc19KehhvQ
Server Git:
https://github.com/pcdubaum/HAZECMUFR_SERVER
DB: https://mega.nz/#!5oYlwKhA!KbWZt9vRtkuy8HBJvV7cMoSe8M2Y4_nJYpCfw39yTb0

Install Mysql, restore DB. I'm using XAMPP
Install and set up Smartfox

How to Set Up server
1 -
http://www.smartfoxserver.com/download/sfs2x#p=installer
2 -
http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/GettingStarted/installation

(if you want u can do the lazy work go to step XXX)
3 -
4 - Compile Assets from server project under SFS2X/extensions/lib - Compile all source code under under SFS2X/extensions/HazecMUFR
5 - open: sfsadmin for user and pass.
6 - navegate to "Zone configurator", create a zone called "HazecMUR", add two rooms "CharSelection" and "Lorencia"
7 - Double click zone "HazecMUR" navigate "Zone Extension" -> Select "HazecMUFR" -> Extension: "HazecMUFR.Login.ExtensionLogIn"
8 - Submit
9 - "Double Click "Lorencia" -> Room Extension: select "HazecMUFR.Game.CreateNPCExtension"
10 - Submit
11 - Start SmartFoxServer.

XXX - Extract this in SmartFox Folder

Open Unity -> Select the Project -> Navigate Assets/Maps and Scenes/LoginScene -> Select "Scene Manager" gameObject and chenge the Host Ip in editor.

Click Play. Fix any error.

Java and SFS2x programming are straight forward. There are fews Unity Remakes, i will create simples scripts to connect any unity remake to server. For those my server will be up for a week.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have another work to do in next couple mounths, so here are all my work.

I'm debating taking over this project.
There's a few easily fixable things like animations and such that will make the game look and feel totally different. Thank you for sharing, this is an immense amount of work.

Edit:
After looking through here it seems you're doing animations at the same rate as the screen refresh rate?
If you have some animations that play too slowly you can skip frames, which there are a few. Never render more frames than your screen's refresh rate, it's bad for performance. (I would assume this, I've never used Unity before but I'm an experienced programmer)

Last edited:
Back