183Posts

re: [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11

[Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11
    its this project is dead?

True MemberRank
    Mar 2006 Join Date
    482Posts

No, still working on it, doing a lot of optimization and improvements for Android, so it will works perfectly.

I am working 24/7 on it.

MemberRank
    Jun 2018 Join Date
    183Posts

nice to hear that..

MemberRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    Moscow, Russia,Location
    106Posts

Hello SirMaster if you remember me, with your help for me and Hermex with decompile gs90 and 6.3 servers.
    Really ? why you working with that "crap" sources like wz client, really it was easier to write using modern engines like Unreal Engine or etc ?
    ps : it's my opinion
    xD

True MemberRank
    Mar 2006 Join Date
    482Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crazzy View Post
    Hello SirMaster if you remember me, with your help for me and Hermex with decompile gs90 and 6.3 servers.
    Really ? why you working with that "crap" sources like wz client, really it was easier to write using modern engines like Unreal Engine or etc ?
    ps : it's my opinion
    xD
    Hello, I do remember a little, about your question, I don't use anything like wz client, that is what people keep saying, however the entire Elion client is based on my own Game Engine, which is extremelly optimized for this kind of games, that is the reason why I don't use Unreal Engine, or Unity, or any other Game Engine, there is nothing that my Engine can't do compared to Unreal Engine for example, and since it is optimized for my project, the performance is even higher than Unreal or Unity, that was the idea since the begin

True MemberRank
    Oct 2005 Join Date
    284Posts

the performance is even higher than Unreal or Unity
    Oh, we'll see about that @supron
    Signature removed due to rules violation

My YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DrabanL

MemberRank
    May 2005 Join Date
    103Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman View Post
    Oh, we'll see about that @supron
    I'm also eager to see the remake by @supron. He mentioned it a long time ago.

To be honest - if any remake will reach normal game FPS the further performance won't matter anymore.

What will matter is if the creators of the remake will be able to create something that MU Legend didn't become (feature wise) and that they will be able to execute it well enough for the remake to gain traction (either through the creators server or by commercializing files themselves).

Only time will tell who's going to make the best execution that would be able to compete with normal private servers.

True MemberRank
    Jun 2017 Join Date
    330Posts

Re: [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11

MemberRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    21Posts

Quote Originally Posted by myheart View Post
    Share db please?

Alpha MaleRank
    Aug 2006 Join Date
    BelgiumLocation
    2,409Posts

Quote Originally Posted by myheart View Post
    This is something else, right?

True MemberRank
    Mar 2006 Join Date
    482Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bramdebouvere View Post
    This is something else, right?
    Yes, not related to Elion at all.

MemberRank
    Aug 2006 Join Date
    POLAND <3Location
    39Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
    Hello, I do remember a little, about your question, I don't use anything like wz client, that is what people keep saying, however the entire Elion client is based on my own Game Engine, which is extremelly optimized for this kind of games, that is the reason why I don't use Unreal Engine, or Unity, or any other Game Engine, there is nothing that my Engine can't do compared to Unreal Engine for example, and since it is optimized for my project, the performance is even higher than Unreal or Unity, that was the idea since the begin
    Game engine is just "shell". It doesn't matter if it's unity, unreal, or any custom home-made engine. Unity is designed to be fast prototyping engine but lacks performance "by default". However, you can use some low level tricks to achieve outstanding performance. This engine has great systems to cull scene and render objects very efficiently. In example, we use static batching for non animated objects and instancing for animated. We removed original animatior component form objects, and I wrote GPU animation shader. Animation is baked into half floating point 2D texture (3 pixels per one matrix). This texture is used by vertex shader to animate the object. With this trick we can use instancing for animated objects. Draw calls are reduced dramatically. Some screenshots of map rendering performance (i7-6700 + nvidia 1070). Game is compiled with il2cpp, and Vulkan backend:

grass (>300 fps)
    https://www.screencast.com/t/RzbrXNzpos
    devias with shadows (~500 fps):
    https://www.screencast.com/t/2x65FtV3oZD
    same devias scene, low details, without shadows (>800 fps):
    https://www.screencast.com/t/cII9MykPwHf
    whole lorencia map (~300 fps):
    https://www.screencast.com/t/eUlbK4pv

True MemberRank
    Mar 2006 Join Date
    482Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supron View Post
    Game engine is just "shell". It doesn't matter if it's unity, unreal, or any custom home-made engine. Unity is designed to be fast prototyping engine but lacks performance "by default". However, you can use some low level tricks to achieve outstanding performance. This engine has great systems to cull scene and render objects very efficiently. In example, we use static batching for non animated objects and instancing for animated. We removed original animatior component form objects, and I wrote GPU animation shader. Animation is baked into half floating point 2D texture (3 pixels per one matrix). This texture is used by vertex shader to animate the object. With this trick we can use instancing for animated objects. Draw calls are reduced dramatically. Some screenshots of map rendering performance (i7-6700 + nvidia 1070). Game is compiled with il2cpp, and Vulkan backend:

grass (>300 fps)
    https://www.screencast.com/t/RzbrXNzpos
    devias with shadows (~500 fps):
    https://www.screencast.com/t/2x65FtV3oZD
    same devias scene, low details, without shadows (>800 fps):
    https://www.screencast.com/t/cII9MykPwHf
    whole lorencia map (~300 fps):
    https://www.screencast.com/t/eUlbK4pv
    Good job, liked it, but still same my answer, there is still a lot of reasons why I didn't use Unity or Unreal, and it is related to performance, it isn't only about graphics API calls, but still about a lot of things, like for example cache friendly, when you work with a game engine, you are forced to work with its methods, that means you will need to handle everything on their way(look at Unreal Engine source code on github), it isn't only about how you handle the rendering calls exactly, but the whole structure, you will be able to see it by yourself on future when Elion is ready.

MemberRank
    May 2005 Join Date
    103Posts

Guys please stop making this an argument like Windows vs Linux, Tabs vs Spaces, Android vs iOS... Any modern engine that will play at native monitor resolution (60hz, 144hz etc.) will do. No one cares if the engine handles the game at 300 or 340 fps as it doesn't matter to the end user.

What matters is your whole concept for the game. How it all fits together. What is the execution. @supron what is your product roadmap? @SirMaster what is yours?

Will the readers of this topic have a chance to play your creations on a higher level than just a demo?

MemberRank
    Aug 2006 Join Date
    POLAND <3Location
    39Posts

Support Re: [Development] Mu Client Re-Make Season 6 Episode 3 DirectX 11

Quote Originally Posted by marecznyjo View Post
    Guys please stop making this an argument like Windows vs Linux, Tabs vs Spaces, Android vs iOS... Any modern engine that will play at native monitor resolution (60hz, 144hz etc.) will do. No one cares if the engine handles the game at 300 or 340 fps as it doesn't matter to the end user.
    I'm just trying to tell that it doesn't matter if you use unity, unreal or any other engine.

Quote Originally Posted by marecznyjo View Post
    What matters is your whole concept for the game. How it all fits together. What is the execution. @supron what is your product roadmap? @SirMaster what is yours?

Will the readers of this topic have a chance to play your creations on a higher level than just a demo?
    We changed our concept entirely. In the beginning, we tried to load original MU Data folder, but we had problems with map modifications. Currently, we converted all maps to *.unity scenes. It's faster and uses fewer resources. I'm too busy with my main job. @Bigman is pushing this project forwards more than me.

Advertisement