Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] MU Fã Remake Client and Server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MU Fã Remake is a totally Remake.

Brings MU to 2020.

Classic itens, formulas, monsters and classes.

Discord:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Again. Week update.

Items are done 100%. Item upgrade, option upgrade, excelent options and luck, everything works fine. Item's effects need some work.

The classic MU animations will be abandoned, new animations with physiscs and looks better.

New Chaos Machine, faster and easier.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you guys.

I have a question, a doubt.

There are a lot of bad and creep items, like Light Saber, Katana, Tomahawk, flail. Look Sword of Assassin, Morning star and Double Axe, increase only 1 in min damage, this is bad. Most of the Axes, Crescent Axe is ugly.

It is lookin like a big waste of time recreate these item.

Should i ignore these item? Do you even played with theses items? Do you want then?

Reaction score
Thank you guys.

There are a lot of bad and creep items, like Light Saber, Katana, Tomahawk, flail. Look Sword of Assassin, Morning star and Double Axe, increase only 1 in min damage, this is bad. Most of the Axes, Crescent Axe is ugly.

Should i ignore these item? Do you even played with theses items? Do you want then?

are items that will be used depending on the character build

Reaction score
Thank you guys.

On my server we increased those stats, so they can be used to level up if you like them.

They are not designed to be ugly, they are designed to show you noobies ^^.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, thank you for your reply.

You changed my mind, there are enough reasons to keep these items. Except light saber and light spear, i will replace then.

Some changes that i made to make game easier and faster.

A new "Raw Material" window to hold all jewels and craft items, remove then from main inventory.

Excelent Items drops like standard items, same monster and they have same stats requirement, like in Diablo 2/3, it is a must have.

"Increase damage by main Stats", this is a translate, use the original formula to calculate damage, but it is easier to understand.

------------

I am thinking about extra Set Items, this is a powerfull tool, but it can wait. I need to implement Pentagram in the client, i have all 3 main characters, a drop, combat and upgrade system. 15 Days and i can move my forces to server integration, i have the basic create account, log in, interact.

Video:

Reaction score
Hi guys, thank you for your reply.

You changed my mind, there are enough reasons to keep these items. Except light saber and light spear, i will replace then.

Some changes that i made to make game easier and faster.

A new "Raw Material" window to hold all jewels and craft items, remove then from main inventory.

Excelent Items drops like standard items, same monster and they have same stats requirement, like in Diablo 2/3, it is a must have.

"Increase damage by main Stats", this is a translate, use the original formula to calculate damage, but it is easier to understand.

------------

I am thinking about extra Set Items, this is a powerfull tool, but it can wait. I need to implement Pentagram in the client, i have all 3 main characters, a drop, combat and upgrade system. 15 Days and i can move my forces to server integration, i have the basic create account, log in, interact.

Video:

Light saber and Spear look nice, some players can even like the game and motivated just because of the 'star wars' idea, who knows, just figure out what your players want =)

extra set items would not be bad, but make sure they are not confusing and hard to learn like a new option for example socket/penta etc.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We have Dark Knight, we have Dark Wizaerd and now... she... Fairy Elf.

:thumbup:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's impressive that you've got so many systems working in place so fast.

The remake design itself looks really ugly tho. Animations are clunky, skills are detached from the character movement, map design looks really blank, movement looks clunky too. I personally would become more interested in the project if I saw the basics made well instead of a multitude of things done in a way that they look like prototype.

It's still a long way before it gets finished. It needs a lot of fine tuning.

I have some suggestions:
1. Wouldnt it be faster for you to reuse the original map data for level design? This way you would have more interesting design without manually recreating the game maps.
2. Changing the movement to linear movement instead of velocity based one would significantly help with the clunkiness. Simply get rid of the rigid body or set it's mass to 0. You don't have animations for this kind of movement to make it right - you would need much more animation states and set it up right with IK as well.
3. Please rethink the usage of original animations. They might not be top class today but at least you would have a complete set of animations ready for use. You can always swap and improve single animations after you'll have a solid game base.

I keep my fingers crossed for you anyway.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's impressive that you've got so many systems working in place so fast.

The remake design itself looks really ugly tho. Animations are clunky, skills are detached from the character movement, map design looks really blank, movement looks clunky too. I personally would become more interested in the project if I saw the basics made well instead of a multitude of things done in a way that they look like prototype.

It's still a long way before it gets finished. It needs a lot of fine tuning.

I have some suggestions:
1. Wouldnt it be faster for you to reuse the original map data for level design? This way you would have more interesting design without manually recreating the game maps.
2. Changing the movement to linear movement instead of velocity based one would significantly help with the clunkiness. Simply get rid of the rigid body or set it's mass to 0. You don't have animations for this kind of movement to make it right - you would need much more animation states and set it up right with IK as well.
3. Please rethink the usage of original animations. They might not be top class today but at least you would have a complete set of animations ready for use. You can always swap and improve single animations after you'll have a solid game base.

I keep my fingers crossed for you anyway.

Thank you for your reply.

It's not so fast, i spent last 3 mounths to create the game base, after pandemics delayed my main project :O:. I am not interested in create a ruge amount of set items, monsters and wings by now.

I am a programmers, i have a lot of tools from years that helps me. You can't see but i made a good game editor and i can import items files(server), maps files(client) and translate then to my "engine".

Animations - I haven't worried abou them yet, only created states(3 or 4) and assigned anims, no tunning. All models are in Mecanim(Unity3D) pattern at least. Elf walks like a robot...

Maps - I really don't know, really. Maybe both, old and a new Lorencia, let players choose.

Reaction score
Impressive! keep up the good work, it looks very promising!
My suggestions are for the administration side: make most of the stuff configurable, like for example dropping items when killed, party zen increase and bonuses and so on, all the stuff that webzen usually "forgets" :D And also, maybe, some events randomization (or at least make that possible): it would be so cool to have a server where, for example, dragon invasion is not scripted!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Impressive! keep up the good work, it looks very promising!
My suggestions are for the administration side: make most of the stuff configurable, like for example dropping items when killed, party zen increase and bonuses and so on, all the stuff that webzen usually "forgets" :D And also, maybe, some events randomization (or at least make that possible): it would be so cool to have a server where, for example, dragon invasion is not scripted!

Thank you.

make most of the stuff configurable, this is my goal. Os course this is too early to say but the plain is create a 100% configurable server (the MU bases will be the same, it is a remake, not a creation of a new game).

I will create a strong base in client before moving to server side. Added your sugestions in my to do list.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good project, hope it will not die as fast as most of projects like that.

You should change UI concept, please don't continue with actual GFX - it need solid remake already, you should take at latest MMO titles or this one mostly played. Check LOL, Lost Ark or even MU Legend got nice UI.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Very good overall progress! I think that walk animation is a little bit weird and can be improved.

Good project, hope it will not die as fast as most of projects like that.

You should change UI concept, please don't continue with actual GFX - it need solid remake already, you should take at latest MMO titles or this one mostly played. Check LOL, Lost Ark or even MU Legend got nice UI.

Thank you.

About dead projects: My first goal is to create a solid base, MU online base, and i need to be realistic i can't create MU from scrath, and i can't lost time overengineering my code and recreating UI or Effects.

All i can do is thank you and your suggestion is good, but maybe in season2 or 3. I need to finish it first.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My dear log.

There are much to do.

===

Finished the first cycle of client development.

Monday starts the server side.

You may love it or you may hate it.

Back