Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Mu WMC ("Original" GS Code 1.00.93)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

The WMC (stands for Webzen and Mirage Continent) project aims to work on the supposed original game server source code (shared by the user ashlay here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f197/release-original-source-gs-1-a-1180532/) as it is in an actual poor state.

I put some effort to make the code comply with the rules of the latest MSVC toolset (v142) and to remove some evil not original code within.

So as for now the project can be compiled assuming: A- you are using visual studio 2019 and the latest msvc toolset (version 142); B- the "GAME_VERSION" macro is set to "G_V_99B" (other versions were not even tested yet) and C- you are using the "KOR" project compile directive (other configurations will need some diff matching with "KOR" to work as I changed the folder structure of the code and other minor stuff).

This source seems to be very much valuable but there are some problems. The big real drawback of this source code is the fact it is not entirely webzen original. It have some (very) unwanted code (probably from Mirage Continent team). This MC not original code is mainly grouped in the "Custom" file filter in the visual studio project. However there are tons of not original code embedded in what once was the original code. There is indeed some original code that was just deleted and overwritten by the not original code - and those lines we will probably never get back again.

The ultimate goal of the project is to strip all the not original code and to emulate the original erased code in order to bring to the Mu community a stable and reliable source code of the game server.

Any help on the project is welcome. Feel free to submit a PR or open an issue to the repository.

Link to the project's repository:
Link to my twitch channel (I'm streaming working on Mu projects almost every day):

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I decided to put this project on hold until I find a clean (not modified, original) server files for any version that this code can compile (that is anything from 0.97d to season 4.6). Without the server files I can't even test this GS code.

I searched a bit but didn't find any clean server files. The links I found are from years ago and are all dead today.

If you have such server files and want this project to continue, please upload the files and reply this thread.

Reaction score
I decided to put this project on hold until I find a clean (not modified, original) server files for any version that this code can compile (that is anything from 0.97d to season 4.6). Without the server files I can't even test this GS code.

I searched a bit but didn't find any clean server files. The links I found are from years ago and are all dead today.

If you have such server files and want this project to continue, please upload the files and reply this thread.

I will upload what i have related to this source here.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have the original gs/gs-cs 1.00.93 and data, does it work? I used to use this version.

Back