[Development] MUnique OpenMU C# open source server project - MIT License

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    450Posts

re: [Development] MUnique OpenMU C# open source server project - MIT License

[Development] MUnique OpenMU C# open source server project - MIT License
    this function would only be for your muserver or will work on anyone

Quote Originally Posted by nevS View Post
    Added/tested group chat :)

I'm still working on a first playable release - maybe also a demo which doesn't require to install a database. However, that takes more time than I thought

True MemberRank
    Aug 2005 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    507Posts
    The ChatServer which I released supports this feature already... so yes, it works for both.

A small status update: Currently I'm refactoring the whole persistence interface to make it simpler to work with. I also implemented an in-memory persistence (no database required) and trying to get a first useable (demo) version out.

Thanks @fos83 for some contributions about map and gate data initialization .

I still got a lot of work to do until I can release a first demo, e.g. testing the skill system in-game and fixing bugs. This takes longer than planned, however I can only spend about half an hour per day on this project

Finished another milestone: Migrated the project to .net core/standard 2, so it works now on Windows, Linux and Mac OS :)

My next target is getting some game features to work, e.g. buff skills, combo skill(s) and the master skill tree.
    Last edited by allexander; 13-11-18 at 10:07 AM.
    Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

OpenMU Project: Blog - GitHub

Re: [Development] MUnique OpenMU C# open source server project - MIT License

wow, good work bro, and good luck with your project.

True MemberRank
    Aug 2005 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    507Posts
    Thanks, I'm still working hard at it when my time allows it :)

A small update of the last weeks:
    Some buffs are working now and got the master skill tree sorted. Learning master skills works correctly now. However, not all skills have an effect yet. A lot of work ahead ;-)
    Last edited by allexander; 04-02-19 at 02:48 PM.
    Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

True MemberRank
    Aug 2005 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    507Posts

As I hit a point where I would need a lot of special logic for some skills, I’m currently working on a plugin system to make extensions easier to add. I think this opens up a lot of new possibilities, also for custom plugins. I’ll move some of the “default” game logic into plugins, too. This way they could be configured to be deactivated if required. For example, if someone is not happy how experience is calculated/distributed one could deactivate the default plugin and write its own to replace it.
    In other use cases, someone may deactivate features to dumb a server down to a lower season.
    I think it would take too much time to describe all my ideas and other people tend to come up with even with more ideas xD

However, you can read more about it here:
    https://github.com/MUnique/OpenMU/issues/61
    https://github.com/MUnique/OpenMU/tr...er/src/PlugIns

At mods: Please don’t merge my post again, thank you.

True MemberRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    450Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nevS View Post
    As I hit a point where I would need a lot of special logic for some skills, I’m currently working on a plugin system to make extensions easier to add. I think this opens up a lot of new possibilities, also for custom plugins. I’ll move some of the “default” game logic into plugins, too. This way they could be configured to be deactivated if required. For example, if someone is not happy how experience is calculated/distributed one could deactivate the default plugin and write its own to replace it.
    In other use cases, someone may deactivate features to dumb a server down to a lower season.
    I think it would take too much time to describe all my ideas and other people tend to come up with even with more ideas xD

However, you can read more about it here:
    https://github.com/MUnique/OpenMU/issues/61
    https://github.com/MUnique/OpenMU/tr...er/src/PlugIns

At mods: Please don’t merge my post again, thank you.
    with this plugin system would it be possible to add mechanics from a higher season, allowing you to migrate from season 6 to season 8 or 9? I think it would be interesting if that was possible.

True MemberRank
    Aug 2005 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    507Posts

Yes, that’s one my goals. However, if such mechanics needs to keep some state for each player it might get tricky. If this state needs to be saved on the database, it even gets even harder. The easiest thing would be to extend the data model to support such features, and just not use them in lower seasons.
    As you can see, I still have to think some things through ;)

MemberRank
    Mar 2016 Join Date
    4Posts

I want to test the project, but I can't find a compatible client

Edit:
    [Release] Client 1.04d ENG - Season 6 Episode 3

- - - Updated - - -

Need to change serial? shows the server but I take dc
    Last edited by Koud; 20-03-20 at 05:12 PM.

True MemberRank
    Aug 2005 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    507Posts

With this information I can only guess which problem you have.

You click on a server and get disconnected? If yes, then the solution is most probably to add the right -resolveIp parameter:
    https://github.com/MUnique/OpenMU/bl....md#-resolveip

MemberRank
    Dec 2013 Join Date
    36Posts

This is a truly impressive project. Best of luck to everyone developing it.
    I have a mind to dig into this code and see if I can contribute to your efforts.

@nevS, maybe I missed it, but I didn't find much information on how to get a client to connect to the server and I understand why you would avoid supporting that. On the other hand, I have noticed a few other projects aiming to recreate the game client from scratch. Are you or have you considered working with any of those projects so that there can be an open source, completely original client that can be officially supported by OpenMU?

True MemberRank
    Aug 2005 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    507Posts

Thanks @bog7
    About getting started: I posted a release thread on this forum with a suitable client. The project contains a simple launcher which starts the main.exe with any IP/Port you like. Then there’s a QuickStart guide about how to start the server. If you know what you’re doing, I’m sure someone will be able to do it. People are also free to post/contribute more user-friendly tutorials or send a pull request for a better guide.
    About client clones: Until now, I only got questions if they could use my server - of course they can, it’s MIT licensed. However, I didn’t see any serious open source approach yet, which is not a surprise. It’s a whole lot of work to create a very complex game from scratch. I‘d be very happy to see one, and support it if I can, of course. I myself will not start an approach since my time is limited ;)

MemberRank
    Sep 2010 Join Date
    34Posts

Are there any servers running MUUnique?
    My best wishes for your project to be successful. It was always a pity, that there exist great open source emulators in WoW which is younger, but none in MU.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement