Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Project Vethrfolnir Open Source Season 6 Episode 3 Java Server Emu

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello there some of you might of heard of Corvus MuOnline, we were a team of two dudes whom decided on making a java emu for muonline, everything went well and dandy till we just disappeared. Big surprise XD

We got really far with the previous project but.. it got really nasty till the point we weren't able to progress more. So we decided on moving working stuff from the old project to a new one, and that's how Project Vethrfolnir started. This project was meant to be released 1 year ago, but cause of some infighting with PsychoJr we went our separate ways and just forgot about Mu Online all together.

That's then, this is now, we decided that it would be a waste to just ignore the time we spent working on Corvus Mu so this is why we're continuing Project Vethrfolnir.

Right now, the project is still in its infancy, and we're working as much time we can per day.

Current Server capability:
- Auto create account
- All Lobby features
- Enter World
- Movement
- Player Chat
- Player <-> Player <- Monster information packets are done
- Map teleport (/move)
- New Player config
- All regions in my knowledge and their respective spawnlist are implemented.
- Death
- Simple Attack
- And other tuneups
- Inventory support
- Player <-> Player equipment information
- Implemented items on ground, now a player can drop & pickup items
- Party System

Our current goal is to get all the server => player <-> player features done, then we will focus on game related stuff, like stats combat and so forth.

Disclaimer: We will not share the old project sources yet, we want people to get used to the new project and help or contribute towards it, we would love to see forks of THIS project and collaboration between them, but we don't want people to take the finalized sources and run with them. Help us out here, and get your butt to work and at least try to understand this project. We will fully document this project.

I don't think there's anything more to talk about at this point, we will update this topic and the github wiki. As of coming into direct contact with us, use github. We will check github as much as we can per day.

Aw and a special thanks to wolfulus , he helped us out during Corvus Mu Project, with insight of understanding the crypt and other juicy stuff.

To import this project into eclipse, you'll need . , lets not forget MySQL 5.5. We are trusting that you are familiar with maven and ant, eventually the project will be fully maven but right now we are content with just running the project from eclipse. If someone is up to help us manage text stuff like this topic or our github page that would be awesome.

Before opening the servers make sure u read the config's and execute the 2 sqls located in the ./sql folder.

Compiled server:
To be able to connect to the server, you can use any s6ep3 GMO client, make sure you edit your main and update the Game.properties in your GameServer/Config folder.

Repo: (you can use subversion if git is not your cup of tea)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello there some of you might of heard of Corvus MuOnline, we were a team of two dudes whom decided on making a java emu for muonline, everything went well and dandy till we just disappeared. Big surprise XD

We got really far with the previous project but.. it got really nasty till the point we weren't able to progress more. So we decided on moving working stuff from the old project to a new one, and that's how Project Vethrfolnir started. This project was meant to be released 1 year ago, but cause of some infighting with PsychoJr we went our separate ways and just forgot about Mu Online all together.

That's then, this is now, we decided that it would be a waste to just ignore the time we spent working on Corvus Mu so this is why we're continuing Project Vethrfolnir.

Right now, the project is still in its infancy, and we're working as much time we can per day.

Current Server capability:
- Auto create account
- All Lobby features
- Enter World
- Movement

Our current goal is to get all the server => player <-> player features done, then we will focus on game related stuff, like stats combat and so forth.

Disclaimer: We will not share the old project sources yet, we want people to get used to the new project and help or contribute towards it, we would love to see forks of THIS project and collaboration between them, but we don't want people to take the finalized sources and run with them. Help us out here, and get your butt to work and at least try to understand this project. We will fully document this project.

I don't think there's anything more to talk about at this point, we will update this topic and the github wiki. As of coming into direct contact with us, use github. We will check github as much as we can per day.

Aw and a special thanks to wolfulus , he helped us out during Corvus Mu Project, with insight of understanding the crypt and other juicy stuff.

Repo: (you can use subversion if git is not your cup of tea)

To import this project into eclipse, you'll need . , lets not forget MySQL 5.5. We are trusting that you are familiar with maven and ant, eventually the project will be fully maven but right now we are content with just running the project from eclipse. If someone is up to help us manage text stuff like this topic or our github page that would be awesome.

PS: Sorry I did this post in a hurry, we'll make it up and update it as soon as we get some more time to lose editing topics XD

PPS: Err.. we forgot to update the files copyright, so don't get worried when u look into a file and see that nastiy little thing there claiming its not for commercial use or w/e, we'll update it to GPL3

Can u do a tutorial how to manage the emulator?
What cliente u are using?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I was thinking that some one would manage to find a client..but i didnt specify which client.. so it uses GMO keys, i took a client some time ago from a srver called insane or some poop, we use solid proxy to manipulate/reproduce tests/explore cheats and packets. I'll compile the pack first thing in the morning and provide a mega link with the client we are using

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the Java language and has now started in-depth study it after a long time without any practice and any REFERENCE. And happy to take part in the development of this project.
You guys are the best!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
that's cool, if you are familiar with git and maven ull have np, if ur not I hope u got the patience to learn it would be a great boon if we start a community around this project

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I'm doing a repeat of Java, as 3 years have not had time to give learning the language ... I think 2 weeks tighten knowledge and will be ready to take part in the development of the project and can also offer a host for the opening of the beta server for testing, for everyone!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
it would be better if u moved the project directly on ex702 or even latest version, since there are already open source s6 projects out there and the fact that this one is based on java doesnt make that big a difference
that being said g luck with the project and keep it up
development can be frustrating :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well there is a massive difference, which is productivity :p Regarding frustration, some parts I guess might fit your remark, although too few too isolated.
I was thinking to just use the ex700 client, but we want a base we can be certain of. Psycho managed to use a ex700 client on this project with no effort, our protocol handling is very manuverable u could use the 700 client on it if u like. Regarding the open source projects, they are C++, development is crawling slow some which are handled by inexperianced people, you can use only mssql and only windows. While with this project being made in java debugging and profiling are offered from the start, implementations are poop easy and code can be easly managed in your favorite ide, ms visual studio, eclipse, intellj, lets not forget that you can run this server on linux which will bring down the costs on renting a server. This pack also removes the issue of code access and offers modders endless possibilitys for customs and mods. And you get to have 2 servers, a login and a game, u dont need 5 anymore with a 5mb proess each lol :p

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i agree with most of what u said, but still, all that u mentioned can be also done using c++
you can always change db connection methods,make it linux compatible but ofc java is more versatile
my point was that since u starting smthg entirely new you may as well make it compatible with new versions
only reason people develop slower and older versions of the game is that they use a core base that was already there (wz sources or bins)
but dont get me wrong, I am 100% pro of what u're doing :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i agree with most of what u said, but still, all that u mentioned can be also done using c++
you can always change db connection methods,make it linux compatible but ofc java is more versatile
my point was that since u starting smthg entirely new you may as well make it compatible with new versions
only reason people develop slower and older versions of the game is that they use a core base that was already there (wz sources or bins)
but dont get me wrong, I am 100% pro of what u're doing :)
Well thanks! You are indeed right regarding the platform maneuverability. Right now which client to use is arbitrary for us, and if we decide to use a upper version, there are no in depth protocol structural changes. So we might make a config, to support upper clients.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Setekh can give your contacts for communication on the development of this project ?(Skype/Mail)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It would be very nice to see mu server runs under linux as windows license costs at most of the companies about 10-15 euro a month witch is alot.
and also the php script[site part] is better to run under linux,although that could be solved with remote connection to database.

I would love to help such a project the thing is my knowledge in java is very basic and even now when its not completed it seem pretty hard to understand.
if you could create some short tutorials on how to work with it im sure you will find some more people interesting in developing this.
or at least just add more notes in the code witch explain what is done in each part and people would understand from that

for now I found this -

public class PlayerTemplate {

public String name;
public int charId;
public int classId;
public int level;
public long currentExperience;
public int slot;
public int mapId;
public int x;
public int y;
public int guild;
public int guildRank;
public int strength;
public int agility;
public int vitality;
public int energy;
public int command;
public int freePoints;
public int masterPoints;
public int masterLevel;
public int expandedInventory;
public int credits;
public int zen;
public int accessLevel;

}
why the hell so many values needs an 'int' ? most of them shouldnt be larger then 65k,x & y coords are 255x255,max level is 400 by default,class id shouldnt be higher then 255 as well [at least in the next following years].
also it seem like your missing 'resets' value over there witch you might want to add.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello there Benq, as far as contact can go we can talk on RZ or use submit an issue and we can talk there.

MuOriginal keep in mind that java dose not support Unsigned Types and to make development easier for everyone we use the generic native types like those ints. The object you are currently browsing is a soft reference that will be GC-ed after its use has been completed, meaning when a character enters world. In java you don't have to worry about this kind of low level "leakages" since its inside a virtual machine. And lets face it we're not gonna run this server on a Commodore 64, its 2014 ffs XD. As for the lack of information, after we put some meat on this puppy we're gonna populate the github wiki ^^.

Uploaded the Test client we use on mega and also the compiled server. Use solid proxy to connect to the server for fast entry.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys calm yer tits! don't get ur panties in a twist over data types. MuOriginal your opinion is arbitrary regarding java datatypes. Also integer as object will still be a int regardless, in jdk8 it just borrows from the BigInteger.

Now I don't really wanna see debates like this, it makes me wanna take my bags and go be active elsewhere where I don't see this type of things. Sorry.

Also guys look into java on wiki also Sun's hotspot and jvm, jit and whats new in jdk8. Lets be a friendly community here.

PS: I finished player's know list for other players, tho i'll commit the change tomorrow. Then ima focus on npcs, and their spawns afterwards items. Things are going smooth ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys calm yer tits! don't get ur panties in a twist over data types. MuOriginal your opinion is arbitrary regarding java datatypes. Also integer as object will still be a int regardless, in jdk8 it just borrows from the BigInteger.

Now I don't really wanna see debates like this, it makes me wanna take my bags and go be active elsewhere where I don't see this type of things. Sorry.

Also guys look into java on wiki also Sun's hotspot and jvm, jit and whats new in jdk8. Lets be a friendly community here.

PS: I finished player's know list for other players, tho i'll commit the change tomorrow. Then ima focus on npcs, and their spawns afterwards items. Things are going smooth ^^

well im sorry if you saw it this way,I didnt attacked you or any one at this thread I really mentioned it so we could save those resources and I fully understand if you dont want to do it,thats your code and you can do what ever you want.

good luck with the project,hope once there will be a better wiki /documentation I would be able to help a bit

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Aw don't get me wrong i know you didn't mean any harm, and i wasn't talking about u specifically. Also this isn't my project, its everyone that wants to get involved with! You can fork it and we can collaborate! But i did mean what i said regarding reading into java's hotspot. I would really love to get ppl involved right away and light up github's commit log, but its waaaaaay too early. I still need to finish the core factories and other dependencies, till thats done i'd like ppl to monitor the github page and this topic. That way you'll get more comfortable working on the project later ^^

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Which is the correct main to use in the test client?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Open it with solid proxy its in the game folder, ull see the right binary there

Back