Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Project Vethrfolnir Open Source Season 6 Episode 3 Java Server Emu

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm afraid that application just crashes for me. Server's running fine though.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Aw. that's weird.. well ull have to mod the binary called smth like 1d at the end, basically ignore the bins with local or main. You should edit the bin with 14_1D.exe or smth like that, sorry I didn't provide a localhost bin, ill update the archive in the morning -.-

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Woot, just committed the player known list(now u'll see other players), next up ima do mobs & items on ground I hope I can do them both today XD After that there's inventory and social interaction between players(trade, party, etc.)
I'll update the client and post a new compiled server later on today, in a few hours ^^

Also guy, give us a Watch and a Star on github, so you'll stay up to date with issues and commits ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
All regions in my knowledge and their respective spawnlist are implemented. Other implementations:
- Player Chat
- Map teleport (move)
- New Player config
- Players can now see mobs
- And other goodies.

Unfortunately I don't have time to compile the pack and update the client. But i'll try tomorrow morning :)
MuOriginal You forgot to mention that finding a web designer or a web dev is easier since MySQL is way more accessible then MSSQL under PHP for example, ofc I could go on with ruby and so forth. Also this server uses a JODBC driver to connect too mysql, you can change ur sql server anytime ya like ^^ (Although the database management is at its infancy atm some features might be restricted.)

PS: Also guys I need help , I coverd all the maps I knew of, not sure if they are retail s6 tho, anyway.. the thing here is I need help to set the move level restrictions for movable maps. For example in that json file a map that has moveLevel: -1 = a non movable map, so players cannot use the /move command to move there. I need someone to change moveLevel for the maps that are movable, like Devias, Noria etc.. If anyone is up for it give me a pm on forum ^^

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
silviule da limbi in alta parte

sorry for foreign language but this bastard flame in this topic

Grow up. You flaming back in a different language ain't gonna make any difference and just puts you on the same level.

On topic regarding server setups:
LAMP is the way to go. There are so many dists available so you can customize and set up your server the best way possible - clustering and everything can be configured so easily. Just read a little bit about the new kid on the block CoreOS.
Setekh - Great to see progress! Have you considered removing the need to run the game client via SolidProxy? Keep up the good work. I'll have a look at the source code tomorrow and report it at the repository if I find anything troubling.

Kingdom of Shadows
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This topic was cleaned, some posts were left because they still contain some useful information.

Please be aware that this topic is about a java muserver emulator and not about java vs c++ or whatever. Post in this thread only informations related to the development (reports, suggestions, development information) and if you like the idea of this project press the like button on the first post so the creator will get some motivation!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Grow up. You flaming back in a different language ain't gonna make any difference and just puts you on the same level.

On topic regarding server setups:
LAMP is the way to go. There are so many dists available so you can customize and set up your server the best way possible - clustering and everything can be configured so easily. Just read a little bit about the new kid on the block CoreOS.
@Setekh - Great to see progress! Have you considered removing the need to run the game client via SolidProxy? Keep up the good work. I'll have a look at the source code tomorrow and report it at the repository if I find anything troubling.
Hello,
Solid proxy is not mandatory we only use it to keep track of packets (CLIENT - SERVER / SERVER - CLIENT), you can connect in game with any season6 episode3 gmo protocol. You just have to edit the main with your ip and change the serial / version correspondingly.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Woot! Started working on stats, basic implementation for simple attack is done, thing is the damage is random at this point. I'm currently working on skills and skill damage.
JUHoXNF - [Development] Project Vethrfolnir Open Source Season 6 Episode 3 Java Server Emu - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Any plans on moving to newer versions in the future? By the way very nice progress, I like it, thanks guys :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There are, among even greater things. But for now we want a stable base.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
any reason why not to stick to the original database/files structure ?
I think that many people might want to have this wont be able to actual using it as they need to change the whole way the configs work and it probably would be used by new servers only.

although your trying to use mysql there isnt really a problem to convert mssql backup into mysql ,just need to change some syntax and your good to go if you need help with the it I can do it for you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We are not looking into backward compatibility. For it is flowed, eventually moding by hand will be remove entirely, we are considering bson(binary json, as mongodb uses) or kryo, and making tools for the server also UPnP support. It would be a waste of time, and not stimulating for a team of two to do such dull hard to manage mess that is the current static data management that's in a mu server. Regarding the database.. well there's 2 tables now, eventually they'll be 5 or less.. there's almost no real reason to keep mysql we just thought it familiar for the users, there are non server databases out there with no-sql support that are more intriguing and if not better suited for such a small project. And its structure, our way of managing our data will be more secure and efficient and requires less information then the old ones, the way we are currently doing it is by mapping everything with an object id thus giving us the possibility to clean, adapt, change with out any risk of important data loss. The project's goal is to make this server unhackable, we are not trusting anything the client sends towards the server and always checking 'what if..' . Im writing this via an android phone, on tapatalk; not sure how much sense i've made but feel free to ask.

PS: we are gonna make tools that will convert mu txt files and other thingies to make the transition to a veth server easy :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice project, with maven and tests (i recommend you to use junit) i would like to contribute but i dont have time for now.

good luck!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
On that case then my bad,I though there are new updates as you wrote it today but the last update of the repository was 5 days ago

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah. Didn't had time last week, this week as well, but I'll make some to add the inventory ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mwhahaha! Something we cooked up this weekend ^^
nKoPwRj - [Development] Project Vethrfolnir Open Source Season 6 Episode 3 Java Server Emu - RaGEZONE Forums

Too early tho >.>

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back