[Development] Project Vethrfolnir Open Source Season 6 Episode 3 Java Server Emu

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    MemberRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    31Posts
    [Development] Project Vethrfolnir Open Source Season 6 Episode 3 Java Server Emu
    Guys calm yer tits! don't get ur panties in a twist over data types. MuOriginal your opinion is arbitrary regarding java datatypes. Also integer as object will still be a int regardless, in jdk8 it just borrows from the BigInteger.

Now I don't really wanna see debates like this, it makes me wanna take my bags and go be active elsewhere where I don't see this type of things. Sorry.

Also guys look into java on wiki also Sun's hotspot and jvm, jit and whats new in jdk8. Lets be a friendly community here.

PS: I finished player's know list for other players, tho i'll commit the change tomorrow. Then ima focus on npcs, and their spawns afterwards items. Things are going smooth ^^

MemberRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    24Posts

re: [Development] Project Vethrfolnir Open Source Season 6 Episode 3 Java Server Emu

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    Guys calm yer tits! don't get ur panties in a twist over data types. MuOriginal your opinion is arbitrary regarding java datatypes. Also integer as object will still be a int regardless, in jdk8 it just borrows from the BigInteger.

Now I don't really wanna see debates like this, it makes me wanna take my bags and go be active elsewhere where I don't see this type of things. Sorry.

Also guys look into java on wiki also Sun's hotspot and jvm, jit and whats new in jdk8. Lets be a friendly community here.

PS: I finished player's know list for other players, tho i'll commit the change tomorrow. Then ima focus on npcs, and their spawns afterwards items. Things are going smooth ^^
    well im sorry if you saw it this way,I didnt attacked you or any one at this thread I really mentioned it so we could save those resources and I fully understand if you dont want to do it,thats your code and you can do what ever you want.

good luck with the project,hope once there will be a better wiki /documentation I would be able to help a bit

MemberRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    31Posts

re: [Development] Project Vethrfolnir Open Source Season 6 Episode 3 Java Server Emu

Aw don't get me wrong i know you didn't mean any harm, and i wasn't talking about u specifically. Also this isn't my project, its everyone that wants to get involved with! You can fork it and we can collaborate! But i did mean what i said regarding reading into java's hotspot. I would really love to get ppl involved right away and light up github's commit log, but its waaaaaay too early. I still need to finish the core factories and other dependencies, till thats done i'd like ppl to monitor the github page and this topic. That way you'll get more comfortable working on the project later ^^

True MemberRank
    Dec 2007 Join Date
    SwedenLocation
    392Posts

Which is the correct main to use in the test client?

MemberRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    31Posts

Open it with solid proxy its in the game folder, ull see the right binary there

True MemberRank
    Dec 2007 Join Date
    SwedenLocation
    392Posts

I'm afraid that application just crashes for me. Server's running fine though.

MemberRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    31Posts

Aw. that's weird.. well ull have to mod the binary called smth like 1d at the end, basically ignore the bins with local or main. You should edit the bin with 14_1D.exe or smth like that, sorry I didn't provide a localhost bin, ill update the archive in the morning -.-

MemberRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    31Posts

Woot, just committed the player known list(now u'll see other players), next up ima do mobs & items on ground I hope I can do them both today XD After that there's inventory and social interaction between players(trade, party, etc.)
    I'll update the client and post a new compiled server later on today, in a few hours ^^

Also guy, give us a Watch and a Star on github, so you'll stay up to date with issues and commits ^^

MemberRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    31Posts

All regions in my knowledge and their respective spawnlist are implemented. Other implementations:
    - Player Chat
    - Map teleport (move)
    - New Player config
    - Players can now see mobs
    - And other goodies.

Unfortunately I don't have time to compile the pack and update the client. But i'll try tomorrow morning :)
    @MuOriginal You forgot to mention that finding a web designer or a web dev is easier since MySQL is way more accessible then MSSQL under PHP for example, ofc I could go on with ruby and so forth. Also this server uses a JODBC driver to connect too mysql, you can change ur sql server anytime ya like ^^ (Although the database management is at its infancy atm some features might be restricted.)

PS: Also guys I need help here, I coverd all the maps I knew of, not sure if they are retail s6 tho, anyway.. the thing here is I need help to set the move level restrictions for movable maps. For example in that json file a map that has moveLevel: -1 = a non movable map, so players cannot use the /move command to move there. I need someone to change moveLevel for the maps that are movable, like Devias, Noria etc.. If anyone is up for it give me a pm on forum ^^
    Last edited by Setekh; 13-09-14 at 03:22 PM.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2007 Join Date
    SwedenLocation
    392Posts

Quote Originally Posted by devilox View Post
    silviule da limbi in alta parte

sorry for foreign language but this bastard flame in this topic
    Grow up. You flaming back in a different language ain't gonna make any difference and just puts you on the same level.

On topic regarding server setups:
    LAMP is the way to go. There are so many dists available so you can customize and set up your server the best way possible - clustering and everything can be configured so easily. Just read a little bit about the new kid on the block CoreOS.
    @Setekh - Great to see progress! Have you considered removing the need to run the game client via SolidProxy? Keep up the good work. I'll have a look at the source code tomorrow and report it at the repository if I find anything troubling.

This topic was cleaned, some posts were left because they still contain some useful information.

Please be aware that this topic is about a java muserver emulator and not about java vs c++ or whatever. Post in this thread only informations related to the development (reports, suggestions, development information) and if you like the idea of this project press the like button on the first post so the creator will get some motivation!

MemberRank
    Aug 2006 Join Date
    RomaniaLocation
    73Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Macbeth View Post
    Grow up. You flaming back in a different language ain't gonna make any difference and just puts you on the same level.

On topic regarding server setups:
    LAMP is the way to go. There are so many dists available so you can customize and set up your server the best way possible - clustering and everything can be configured so easily. Just read a little bit about the new kid on the block CoreOS.
    @Setekh - Great to see progress! Have you considered removing the need to run the game client via SolidProxy? Keep up the good work. I'll have a look at the source code tomorrow and report it at the repository if I find anything troubling.
    Hello,
    Solid proxy is not mandatory we only use it to keep track of packets (CLIENT - SERVER / SERVER - CLIENT), you can connect in game with any season6 episode3 gmo protocol. You just have to edit the main with your ip and change the serial / version correspondingly.

MemberRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    31Posts

Woot! Started working on stats, basic implementation for simple attack is done, thing is the damage is random at this point. I'm currently working on skills and skill damage.

True MemberRank
    Jan 2007 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    809Posts

Any plans on moving to newer versions in the future? By the way very nice progress, I like it, thanks guys :)

MemberRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    31Posts

There are, among even greater things. But for now we want a stable base.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Advertisement