Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Project Vethrfolnir Open Source Season 6 Episode 3 Java Server Emu

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
An interesting project, and I am glad that the magnificent Java, it will be necessary to take free the development. I think it would be better for Season 8, as if once in the future. After the holidays begin customized client 8 season for this project.

Season 9, 10, etc.. new developers, faster updates.. An emulator in java have lot of good things..

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am looking to continue this project.. just that Java is freaking not great for 3D Games such as this. But what can't be coded in java?

Reaction score
The language should not be the show stopper, but people are... It's just damn hard and a lot of work to write a fully functional emulator from scratch with a small team.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good day fellows!

I will start from the beginning, I used to play long time ago MuOnline. Now, I started learning Java, I'm new to Java, but got to know some things.

This project got me really excited, as it's developed in Java! Finally guys were able to do it, as an example of Lineage 2 server on Java!

I'm here willing to spend time learning what's inside.

- (75%) I am trying to import this project to IntelliJ, now. I was able run login and game server in IntelliJ, it worked, and game server connected to login.
- (Done) Almost in every file there is "import corvus" I'm not sure what is it? Looking right now how to add it to the project. Library was added.
- (Done) I found also that there are 4 libraries, as I assume "Corvus" might be one of them? engine-1.5.0.jar
- Make build configurations with maven
- I went through dependencies(frameworks) in Maven configurations, and I can say I'm not familiar with them at all, but willing to do a research on them!
- Another thing is to learn and understand about packets, and how to capture them.
- Make architectural design
- Detailed design
- Start from scratch, adding one thing by another to understand project.

-
Client, was able to be in a game, walk around.

Is there anybody continuing working on this project? or maybe have made some progress?

As a main purpose, I want to learn Java and make contributions to the community with this project.

PM me, please with info that can help me.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Now, I started learning Java,
Little hard way to learning on server, u shoud start from smaller project. First i propose you to get familiar with wpe pro, get how things get working, next write some api to decrypt client site, next to look to github for any other mmo server how it's build then.... continue project:D

dont give up

btw my opinion elipse is better then ij

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you very much for advice!

Yeah I put the big goal, now I want it to divide into small goals. I do understand, I need more knowledge in Java.
That's actually what I was thinking about for past a few days, I need to start from small.
I'm trying to find any information about this on forum.

While I learn Java, I try to read code from Lineage 2 Java Emu, trying to understand structure, how the code was written etc
And every time understand more and more code.

Little hard way to learning on server, u shoud start from smaller project. First i propose you to get familiar with wpe pro, get how things get working, next write some api to decrypt client site, next to look to github for any other mmo server how it's build then.... continue project:D

dont give up

btw my opinion elipse is better then ij

I tried to PM you but your box is full.

Hi, I saw a thread from you, you were trying to write a sniffer to learn how the packets work.

Can you be more specific, what more exactly I will need for now other than to understand how WPE works.

I know that lineage 2 some teams they were getting packets from real servers, is it possible to be done with your own server, I put on my machine and then will try to capture something?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys, we are trying to get back on this project but if we do, we want to continue working on the Season12 version of the game. Can anyone provide a implementation of the s12 protocol crypt ? Thanks.

Good day fellows!

I will start from the beginning, I used to play long time ago MuOnline. Now, I started learning Java, I'm new to Java, but got to know some things.

This project got me really excited, as it's developed in Java! Finally guys were able to do it, as an example of Lineage 2 server on Java!

I'm here willing to spend time learning what's inside.

- (75%) I am trying to import this project to IntelliJ, now. I was able run login and game server in IntelliJ, it worked, and game server connected to login.
- (Done) Almost in every file there is "import corvus" I'm not sure what is it? Looking right now how to add it to the project. Library was added.
- (Done) I found also that there are 4 libraries, as I assume "Corvus" might be one of them? engine-1.5.0.jar
- Make build configurations with maven
- I went through dependencies(frameworks) in Maven configurations, and I can say I'm not familiar with them at all, but willing to do a research on them!
- Another thing is to learn and understand about packets, and how to capture them.
- Make architectural design
- Detailed design
- Start from scratch, adding one thing by another to understand project.

-
Client, was able to be in a game, walk around.

Is there anybody continuing working on this project? or maybe have made some progress?

As a main purpose, I want to learn Java and make contributions to the community with this project.

PM me, please with info that can help me.
we are also looking into porting it to intellj, feel free to contact us via this site.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Seketh ...will you ever make this dream of mine (and i hoppe a few more) come true.? Why not try witg s9, being igcn source around you may collect from it all the protocol info you need.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, been some time since last saw ya, yeah s9 sounds like a good plan but it will save us a lot of pain if we just went up to s12, we still hope we get more insight about it :p

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys, we are trying to get back on this project but if we do, we want to continue working on the Season12 version of the game. Can anyone provide a implementation of the s12 protocol crypt ? Thanks.

we are also looking into porting it to IntellJ, feel free to contact us via this site.

Hi, thank you for answering.
I was able to import the whole project to IntelliJ, I had to change a lot of things like the path to the folders, get all the plugins that you used and import Corvus DLL.
It was hard for me to figure out how Corvus engine works and why it's there.

Last edited:
Back