[Development] Project Vethrfolnir Open Source Season 6 Episode 3 Java Server Emu

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    True MemberRank
    Mar 2008 Join Date
    $db->play_lifeLocation
    319Posts

re: [Development] Project Vethrfolnir Open Source Season 6 Episode 3 Java Server Emu

[Development] Project Vethrfolnir Open Source Season 6 Episode 3 Java Server Emu
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaz View Post
    An interesting project, and I am glad that the magnificent Java, it will be necessary to take free the development. I think it would be better for Season 8, as if once in the future. After the holidays begin customized client 8 season for this project.
    Season 9, 10, etc.. new developers, faster updates.. An emulator in java have lot of good things..

MemberRank
    Oct 2015 Join Date
    1Posts

re: [Development] Project Vethrfolnir Open Source Season 6 Episode 3 Java Server Emu

God job !

I'll fork that project :)

Alpha MaleRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    ArgentinaLocation
    1,828Posts

Any updates??
    +rep / like if I helped you....I usually give my best =).
    Why dont we avoid saying 'thank you', when there's a button for such thing, right?

Quote Originally Posted by FCV2005 View Post
    @offtopic - sometimes some websites are sold as PSD file
    this just keeps on making me laugh.

True MemberRank
    Aug 2005 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    507Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ianvalls90 View Post
    Any updates??
    Just look at GitHub... no, there were no updates since february ;)
    Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

OpenMU Project: Blog - GitHub

BannedRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    RussiaLocation
    318Posts

I am looking to continue this project.. just that Java is freaking not great for 3D Games such as this. But what can't be coded in java?

Alpha MaleRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    ArgentinaLocation
    1,828Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    I am looking to continue this project.. just that Java is freaking not great for 3D Games such as this. But what can't be coded in java?
    Im not sure about that....fo look at lineage....it has great graphics and its emulated via Java..
    I
    +rep / like if I helped you....I usually give my best =).
    Why dont we avoid saying 'thank you', when there's a button for such thing, right?

Quote Originally Posted by FCV2005 View Post
    @offtopic - sometimes some websites are sold as PSD file
    this just keeps on making me laugh.

True MemberRank
    Aug 2005 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    507Posts

The language should not be the show stopper, but people are... It's just damn hard and a lot of work to write a fully functional emulator from scratch with a small team.
    Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

MemberRank
    Jan 2007 Join Date
    NYLocation
    162Posts

Good day fellows!

I will start from the beginning, I used to play long time ago MuOnline. Now, I started learning Java, I'm new to Java, but got to know some things.

This project got me really excited, as it's developed in Java! Finally guys were able to do it, as an example of Lineage 2 server on Java!

I'm here willing to spend time learning what's inside.

- (75%) I am trying to import this project to IntelliJ, now. I was able run login and game server in IntelliJ, it worked, and game server connected to login.
    - (Done) Almost in every file there is "import corvus" I'm not sure what is it? Looking right now how to add it to the project. Library was added.
    - (Done) I found also that there are 4 libraries, as I assume "Corvus" might be one of them? engine-1.5.0.jar
    - Make build configurations with maven
    - I went through dependencies(frameworks) in Maven configurations, and I can say I'm not familiar with them at all, but willing to do a research on them!
    - Another thing is to learn and understand about packets, and how to capture them.
    - Make architectural design
    - Detailed design
    - Start from scratch, adding one thing by another to understand project.

-
    Client, was able to be in a game, walk around.

Is there anybody continuing working on this project? or maybe have made some progress?

As a main purpose, I want to learn Java and make contributions to the community with this project.

PM me, please with info that can help me.
    Last edited by 7770988; 24-01-16 at 02:46 PM.
    Infernalit

True MemberRank
    Aug 2005 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    507Posts

@7770988: I think you need a client with version 1.04d with eng protocol (global mu online client).

MemberRank
    Dec 2012 Join Date
    PolandLocation
    150Posts

Now, I started learning Java,
    Little hard way to learning on server, u shoud start from smaller project. First i propose you to get familiar with wpe pro, get how things get working, next write some api to decrypt client site, next to look to github for any other mmo server how it's build then.... continue project:D

dont give up

btw my opinion elipse is better then ij

MemberRank
    Jan 2007 Join Date
    NYLocation
    162Posts

Thank you very much for advice!

Yeah I put the big goal, now I want it to divide into small goals. I do understand, I need more knowledge in Java.
    That's actually what I was thinking about for past a few days, I need to start from small.
    I'm trying to find any information about this on forum.

While I learn Java, I try to read code from Lineage 2 Java Emu, trying to understand structure, how the code was written etc
    And every time understand more and more code.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razzor View Post
    Little hard way to learning on server, u shoud start from smaller project. First i propose you to get familiar with wpe pro, get how things get working, next write some api to decrypt client site, next to look to github for any other mmo server how it's build then.... continue project:D

dont give up

btw my opinion elipse is better then ij
    I tried to PM you but your box is full.

Hi, I saw a thread from you, you were trying to write a sniffer to learn how the packets work.

Can you be more specific, what more exactly I will need for now other than to understand how WPE works.

I know that lineage 2 some teams they were getting packets from real servers, is it possible to be done with your own server, I put on my machine and then will try to capture something?
    Infernalit

MemberRank
    Dec 2012 Join Date
    PolandLocation
    150Posts

send me sq

True MemberRank
    Jun 2006 Join Date
    CACOAL RONDONIALocation
    331Posts

Look very nice project lets test

MemberRank
    Apr 2009 Join Date
    8Posts

Really interesting! \o/
    nice job. Let's go check.

MemberRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    31Posts

Hello guys, we are trying to get back on this project but if we do, we want to continue working on the Season12 version of the game. Can anyone provide a implementation of the s12 protocol crypt ? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 7770988 View Post
    Good day fellows!

I will start from the beginning, I used to play long time ago MuOnline. Now, I started learning Java, I'm new to Java, but got to know some things.

This project got me really excited, as it's developed in Java! Finally guys were able to do it, as an example of Lineage 2 server on Java!

I'm here willing to spend time learning what's inside.

- (75%) I am trying to import this project to IntelliJ, now. I was able run login and game server in IntelliJ, it worked, and game server connected to login.
    - (Done) Almost in every file there is "import corvus" I'm not sure what is it? Looking right now how to add it to the project. Library was added.
    - (Done) I found also that there are 4 libraries, as I assume "Corvus" might be one of them? engine-1.5.0.jar
    - Make build configurations with maven
    - I went through dependencies(frameworks) in Maven configurations, and I can say I'm not familiar with them at all, but willing to do a research on them!
    - Another thing is to learn and understand about packets, and how to capture them.
    - Make architectural design
    - Detailed design
    - Start from scratch, adding one thing by another to understand project.

-
    Client, was able to be in a game, walk around.

Is there anybody continuing working on this project? or maybe have made some progress?

As a main purpose, I want to learn Java and make contributions to the community with this project.

PM me, please with info that can help me.
    we are also looking into porting it to intellj, feel free to contact us via this site.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Advertisement