Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] xMuPP (Season 2 Open Source Project)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I just started this project of a open source season 2 Mu server emulator as I couldn't find any minimally stable open source code for season 2 - the only open source project I found of a season 2 server emulator was the Gx project but it have many problems and is not stable at all.

The project will be published and maintained at github and anyone is welcome to contribute by opening an issue or submitting a pull request to the repository.

I'm using as a starter base code the most stable source I could find in the community (even with all the problems in it) that is the xTeam server emulator that compiles to S4, S6 and S8; and to have a better start on the protocol correction I'll be using the Gx S2 project to get the season 2 communication protocol.

The actual roadmap to finish the version 0.1 for the project is to strip all the s4/s6/s8 related code that is not common to s2 and then start to fix the protocol.

I'll try to refactor the actual state of the whole project as I work on it but it will be hard to make any significant improvement due to the actual poor state of the project and the fact that it is already very big. It does not comply with any good code standard (if there is any at all, I couldn't detect) nor it doesn't implement any code pattern or implement any clean code rule. So it will be a tough task to improve the code but lets see what we can do.

Finally I'll try to stream daily developing this project at twitch. Feel free to come by and leave a follow :eek:tt1:.

I can't share the link to the Gx source code because I could only find it in another forum but you can find it on this project's repo.

Link to the project repository:
Link to the topic from where I got the base xTeam source code: http://forum.ragezone.com/f197/release-team-sources-s4-s6-1098374/
Link to my twitch channel:

Back