Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Make monsters glow?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to make monsters glow (like the golden ones from invasion).
I'm using source from 1.03.11 (1.03K).
I've tried the code to add weapons or make mobs bigger/smaller that someone posted here before, but I couldn't found anything related to golden monsters.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
But I've seen people make custom golden monsters,
there was a picture on a comment on some post here on this subforum (can't find it).

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Oh yeah I know it's not easy, but that's why I'm asking here on the development forum instead of the help one.
I know it would requiere some specific function or some asm.
Was wondering if someone already had them and was willing to share :)

Upvote 0
IGCN Co-Founder
Reaction score
Do you have any researches done regarding this matter and you have some problem you are unable to solve or you just want someone to share full source for you?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ago
martinx09 not afraid about drakelv, he is a commercial guy ;-)
He never brings anything to the topic but he often speaks.
I want to let you know that he will help you, but not for free.

Upvote 0
IGCN Co-Founder
Reaction score
Ago
martinx09 not afraid about drakelv, he is a commercial guy ;-)
He never brings anything to the topic but he often speaks.
I want to let you know that he will help you, but not for free.
My contribution :

martinx09 - [Help] Make monsters glow? - RaGEZONE Forums

Your contribution:
martinx09 - [Help] Make monsters glow? - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm happy to help if there is a request for a non-trivial problem and not a request for a full source code + tutorial how to use , but in this case there is nothing to answer because there is no researches posted by author, and I dont want to release such things in full because 99% times someone will try to sell it

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
And what does this prove?
It only confirms how commercialized you are.
This discussion leads to nothing and there is no point in continuing it.I just wanted to write that everything in the world has its price ... Unfortunately, such times

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What kind of comment is that?

Yes, everything has a price when it requires technological knowledge preceeded by hundreds of learning hours and practice. For some reason - it's always users who are unable to maintain a project longer than one evening are the most demanding.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
i found this function //char __cdecl sub_9058F0(Concurrency::details::SchedulerBase *a1, int a2)
main 1.04.05
- just search for kundun model id : 0x2C4 :)

and result:
wIGJ7rv - [Help] Make monsters glow? - RaGEZONE Forums

------------
void __cdecl sub_5DE260(Concurrency::details::SchedulerBase *a1, int a2, int a3, int a4) //--> function make golden monster glow 1.04.05

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
interesante aunque sus parametros no son correctos, las dos funciones que remarca como parametro n1 lleva un puntero a la estrctura del modelo cuyo primer var si seria el puntero al SchedulerBase igual que con la otra funcion :)

ENG:

interesting although its parameters are not correct, the two functions that it highlights as parameter n1 take a pointer to the model's model whose first var would be the pointer to the SchedulerBase as with the other function :)

void __cdecl sub_5DE260(OBJECT_MODEL_INFO *lpModelInfo, int a2, int Type, int a4)

more info

void __cdecl sub_5DE260(OBJECT_MODEL_INFO *lpModelInfo, int Check/*Dont Use*/, int Type, int MonsterClass)

anoter fun

char __cdecl sub_9058F0(OBJECT_MODEL_INFO *lpModelInfo, OBJECT_BMD_INFO *lpBmdInfo)

:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
interesante aunque sus parametros no son correctos, las dos funciones que remarca como parametro n1 lleva un puntero a la estrctura del modelo cuyo primer var si seria el puntero al SchedulerBase igual que con la otra funcion :)

ENG:

interesting although its parameters are not correct, the two functions that it highlights as parameter n1 take a pointer to the model's model whose first var would be the pointer to the SchedulerBase as with the other function :)

void __cdecl sub_5DE260(OBJECT_MODEL_INFO *lpModelInfo, int a2, int Type, int a4)

more info

void __cdecl sub_5DE260(OBJECT_MODEL_INFO *lpModelInfo, int Check/*Dont Use*/, int Type, int MonsterClass)

anoter fun

char __cdecl sub_9058F0(OBJECT_MODEL_INFO *lpModelInfo, OBJECT_BMD_INFO *lpBmdInfo)

:)
-> correct is bool sub_9058F0

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'm happy to help if there is a request for a non-trivial problem and not a request for a full source code + tutorial how to use , but in this case there is nothing to answer because there is no researches posted by author, and I dont want to release such things in full because 99% times someone will try to sell it

Hey, just wanted to say sorry.

I know I was rude.. it's just that I've experienced the other end a lot of times too, and I try to help whenever possible, even though I'm not an expert on Mu Online development (at least on reverse engi, I'm fine with everything else). So I was just trying to find out how this worked to be able to work on it.

I know you've made a lot of contributions to the Mu scene, and that's really cool from you.
I just feel like ragezone has turned into something really different with the years, and I just got a bit angry with how things work now.. (you gotta pay for everything), and I actually do this.. whenever I need an offset I just pay some of this "experienced" devs so I can work on my functions, and for once I was wondering if people would be willing to share something for free. (I know it was a bit innocent from my side).

Any ways, I see that people actually tried and cared here after all, and that's cool.
Sorry for my attitude, and I've been working on some cool things myself too, like ingame market, multicolor glows and stuff,
I'll gladly share some of the things I've learned when I'm ready :)

Upvote 0
Back