Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

C# Mu Online framework

Reaction score
If it was event with complicated logic - yes, cpp sources could be useful for understanding, but since this kind of events is pretty much straight-forward, no point in this particular case :).

Reaction score
Yeah, that's right, nevS. For both players and server owners. I plan making a really advanced bot for players,which could nearly completely automate all player actions (with scripting support for teleporting between maps, buying stuff from shops, repairing and so on). Also, some kind of event bot for server owners, which would be able to do stuff like automatic hide and seek and so on.
Do you know SolidProxy? Yes, it's a cheat, but as far as I remember it had a SDK for .NET, with which you could probably do what you need. Problem is, the forum where it was released has been closed... good news is, I had the msn address of the guy who made it. Just need to search it :wink:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you know SolidProxy? Yes, it's a cheat, but as far as I remember it had a SDK for .NET, with which you could probably do what you need. Problem is, the forum where it was released has been closed... good news is, I had the msn address of the guy who made it. Just need to search it

View attachment SolidProxy1.20.3.zip

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
English (Google Translate):

I don't want to discredit this thread but I honestly find it a waste of time... Trying to re-create the whole server side using: C# ? Well, I'm not who... to tell them what to do. but everyone knows that: C# and: Basic, are 2 Low-Level Programming Languages. Never could be compared with: C++, this is the main reason why there are many more source codes here in the forum on: C++, in short, also talking about what is the graphics engine (main) the reality is that it is old... it's true... But if he was not so old. We would all be constantly trying to develop it? That is to say, if a Client of MU by default would have: 3D Camera or Sky, what would be the meaning of getting to develop mods for this Game? I leave this like homework to everyone to think.

Spanish:

No quiero desacreditar este hilo, pero honestamente creo que es una pérdida de tiempo... Están intentando volver a crear todo el lado del servidor usando: C# ? Bueno, no soy quien... para decirles qué hacer. Pero todo el mundo sabe que: C# y: Basic, son 2 lenguajes de programación de bajo nivel. Nunca se podrían comparar con: C++, esta es la principal razón por la que hay muchos más códigos fuente aquí en el foro en: C++, en resumen, también hablando de lo que es el motor gráfico (main) la realidad es que es viejo... es cierto... Pero si no fuese tan viejo. ¿Todos estaríamos constantemente tratando de desarrollarlo? Es decir, si un cliente de MU por defecto tendría: Camara 3D o Cielo, ¿Cuál sería el significado de llegar a desarrollar mods para este juego? Dejo esto como tarea para que todos piensen.

Reaction score
I did write it before, but... I'm NOT GOING TO RE-CREATE server or client. Purpose is every-day class lib u can use for makin leveling bots, event bots and so on. I don't plan doing anything related to server side...

Reaction score
what about you make the game in Single User Player mode without having to install server side but just like a normal game you install the client and rush in and level up till 400 and do play alone xD then you can put some bots so the single player can have some pvp fun with bots or make it multiplayer mode too, i dont know another crazy 99% impossible idea on the air.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well it's pain in the butt. In the past i started several C# projects with goal to rewrite the server side. Most time took me to reverse the protocol, without the client is hard. I can give you some insights :

1. Get a network sniffer
2. Setup a GameServer for which you have the source or at least .pdb
3. Create simple packets decryptor to be able to decrypt the game packets

Then next thing will be to start collecting packets and mapping them with the correct structs (Here source code of the GS will help a lot). Once you figure out the packets you will be able to start building your bot. Of course some of the packets will contain hardcoded values. Plus as a note - there is difference between the C++ and the C# structs, you must figure out that too. There is way to make the C# structs native with Marshal and some attributes if i remember right. In C++ will be easier to create it but there building the GUI is the pain, as my opinion nothing can beat WPF's XAML UI. I can help you more if you find me in skype :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
for those claiming "recreating the server is a waste of time"... I'm sorry for you, but you know nothing jon snow :p

- It's poorly written.
- The structure is a real mess
- It doesn't scale
- It doesn't play well with "cloud" philosophy
- It can't be easily managed/replicated if needed
- High cost maintenance

Learn about microservices, cloud, scalability and maintenance - you'll change your opinion :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mu Online section is full of c++ sources, and that's really cool... but I didn't see any good c# framework for basic stuff like networking (with packet encryption/decryption routines and so on). Ofcourse, networking is just one of things that could be made simple by making a good class library which could be used even by beginners. This would bring even more developers to this section.

If there are people who would like to contribute (give information/ideas, write code) - feel free to PM me here, on RZ, or even better - add me on one of my skype accounts: cherno0x33@gmail.com (live:cherno0x33) or jahtemg.

Thanks for your time reading this.

Regards, Chernobyl. :)

You may want to have a look here for network and enc/decryption stuff:

Back