Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MuOnline UDK

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
UDK huh?
Well i've been playing with renderers for some time, and i gotta say you could do something awesome there, but, there are some problems, one of them can be copyright another could be far worse and it is the fact that you spent an amount of time on something that's not so intuitive and satisfactory as you hoped. Yeah Mu Online is a cheep game, not too much content, but if webzen developers didn't care to evolve it as it should of happen, why would you?

So as a person who cares I'm saying "Be Original", don't lose your time with something as insignificante as this game, all you need is a story and the ideal unfolds in your mind.

Take as example what webzen did -> )

^^
PS: Do you have a UDK Licence? for general public i mean..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
there's no point worrying about copyright if im releasing the game on this forum. it's all about learning i will be satisfied if i complete this project, its about making the game better adding my own content and changing what i want, while the original assets make the dev process alot faster.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
UPDATE:

I've started on two separate projects. currently im working on a version of Mu that resembles Tera. the monsters have been upsized. although the world is fairly small so im thinking of skrinking the playable characters to emphasize a 'huge' game world. and the the second project is an original 2.5D MMORPG using my altered version of Eclipse Origins. i may develop the title to be Mobile phone compatible.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We also are working on game, but will titled as a new game.
We used character controls and better cam system than original.
And networking with unity is much better...

But still under closed beta testing...

faronnia.com
Loyal Member
Reaction score
We also are working on game, but will titled as a new game.
We used character controls and better cam system than original.
And networking with unity is much better...

But still under closed beta testing...
Super. But no one cares. No info on engine, no screenshots. You and your project might as well be nothing more than a fantasy.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Jyro,
i just mentioned that because, as you know , there is already a Russian that made a Unity3D demo based on MU Assets.
I Love Mu, and as such, love to play arround with its assets, we have used TerrainHeight as base for all Terrains so far, i saw your terrains, and they are beatyfull i imagine you did it manually?

Hope we can show our work soon here too.

The main focus now is to develop Battle System, as similiar as we can get to MuOnline.

A Good Advice to speed ur dev is Fury Framework for unity3d, contact me via PM if you have any interest.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
There is already a Russian that made a Unity3D demo based on MU Assets.
Есть ещё Русский который пошел той же дорожкой :)

Смотрите описание видео.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
project finished ? so that whenever starting a Dev need Release files and the source , so the community continues the project

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Back