Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MuOnline - Unity

Reaction score
Hello guyz,

In the last few days i was talking with some of my friends of experimenting on unity3D and specifically using the models from the mu client and rebuilding the game in c#.
Τhere are so many sources in ragezone but also on the internet in general where someone can practice but with too many bugs.
From the other hand, unity and c# are more friendly and easy to work.
In first place, project will be in a single player mode and will be for purely educational purposes only.
The problem at the moment is,
1) how to convert/open client world files .map and using them in unity?
2) we use pentium tools to convert player.bmd (player animation), armorclass01.bmd , pantclass01.bmd, gloveclass01.bmd, helmclass01.bmd and bootclass01.bmd (dark wizard textures) to .smd but but as i mention below, when we import them on milkshape or blender and export them in .fbx for unity there was a mesh.
So,
1) the maps will be re-designed with the use of the objects by the client(0.97d+99i)
2) Pending . . . .
The thread will be informed of any progress for anyone who wants to participate.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As i remember .map is just 2d tile blocking array. All what u need is heightmap and objects. On github there is somewhere project where is all implemened in. But if u planning to recreate real map level u need to create some mesh creator because unity terrain dont support ground holes,triple layer mixing and more stuff

Back