Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ultimate Launcher System

Don't be afraid to ask!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I am working on something special. Its a Server - Client based Launcher system.

You can ask, why?
Because I am working on something different.

Features
- Auto Update (HTTP), RePatch, Version Tracking
- Multilanguage
- Custom skin (You edit the PSD file, than save as PNG, and you can generate your new design)
- It can update itself (You dont need to give manual patches)

Basic Features
- 640x480 - 1920x1200 Resolution
- Sound on off
- Music on off
- Store username
- Window mode on off

Optional features
- Login on Launcher
- Custom Start parameters
- HWID user protection (It's working like Steam)

The main project is C# based, with SuperSocket. Its totally free project, but I will share the source code after most of the bugs fixed.

You can request nearly any feature, and when I have time I can make it and fix the bugs on it.

Images

Main:
QLJyfM - Ultimate Launcher System - RaGEZONE Forums

Settings (I know i know without design its ugly! :w00t:)
YKr7tM8 - Ultimate Launcher System - RaGEZONE Forums

Serverside:
QvNqRWZ - Ultimate Launcher System - RaGEZONE Forums

Config Generator:
pXCuexi - Ultimate Launcher System - RaGEZONE Forums

Clientside connected on Serverside:
wdXqYfZ - Ultimate Launcher System - RaGEZONE Forums

Download Mirrors

If you find any bug please report it, so I can fix it and make the product better.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah, sounds good.
Just a question, updates will be something like

version.txt

"1.0"
"1.1"

and in folder

1.0.zip
1.1.zip
etc.?

Im looking for something like this from some moths ago..

Don't be afraid to ask!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sounds good.
Just a question, updates will be something like

version.txt

"1.0"
"1.1"

and in folder

1.0.zip
1.1.zip
etc.?

Im looking for something like this from some moths ago..

On the Webserver I have a version.txt file, which is a simple integer number, its contains the latest update version number.

so if the version number contains number 2
than on the webserver/updates folder contains 1.zip and 2.zip.

The updater download each package, unpack it and overwrite the files in the background. If any error happens in the background, for example user's client running / two launcher running or anything else, than it close everything (game client, launcher) and reopen itself, and than if its working its continue the updating.
If still error with overwrite files, than it will ask you to check the privilegs on the folder and offer a comupter restart button.

In the future I am planning to make a Guide which will popup on the 1st run, and if you check the checkbox than it will be hidden and you can re enable from the settings.

It will contain fixis for basic problems, like "Cant download updates from the server" - > Its because the webhost is offline, try to check the page in the browser, if its not avelable, than please contact with the server administrator."

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
working muemu? i means resolution switch and language select.

Don't be afraid to ask!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
working muemu? i means resolution switch and language select.

For the resolution the answer is Yes!

For the language...? Its complicated.

You can add languages for the launcher, not for the client.

But I can add a feature, which can replace the original text files, so you create the translated bmd files and than if you change language its just replace the bmd files, I think its the best way, because for this you dont need to edit the main.exe or anything.

Don't be afraid to ask!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Post updated.
Login System Working (LauncherCore database, Stored Procedure) Login System is compatible with any MuServer, but only NO MD5 at the moment!
wdXqYfZ - Ultimate Launcher System - RaGEZONE Forums

A8jBPsC - Ultimate Launcher System - RaGEZONE Forums

HWID Auth working.
At the moment support PHP MSSQL, PDO_Connect and ASP example codeparts.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If the program is not coded by C++ then don't call it Ultimate... essentially .NET file will be cracked and bypass or even stealing codes

Don't be afraid to ask!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If the program is not coded by C++ then don't call it Ultimate... essentially .NET file will be cracked and bypass or even stealing codes

I call it ultimate, because of the features, not because of anything else.

Dear jackbot, let me ask you how will you create a designed form in c++?
Beucase if you add any windows form into your c++ application, than you cant encrypt. (Maybe QT I dont know...)

Maybe the best way to make it if you are using windows form C# or vb.net with C++ dll, and you ecrypt it.

Btw, eazfuscator is good againts random guys. Ofc we can talk about cracking, but everything is crackable on the world so I dont think it will be the biggest problem of this project.

If features are done, than I can try to recode it on a "safer" language.

If you have any idea I am listening. :D

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi, good luck with this project !
For me the best features is save the client files from leechers.

Example: Some files hosted on server, when start the game, launcher will download this files and will be deleted after closing launcher.
Cannot Copy (file in use) by laucnher.

If you need some help with design, feel free to ask.

Don't be afraid to ask!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Right so, I am totally delayed, I nearly broke my arm, thats why I wasnt active in the last days.

I need to finish some serverside codepart, because I deleted my old database for this project, so now I am recreating the LauncherCore db, which contains the hwid data and some another stuff.

And I need to finish the webserver side code, because I made it for ASP websites, not for PHP.

My website will be released too (db missing too... :D ), but it will be in another thread after the Launcher is released.

So please be patient, on this Sunday I can start finish this again.
I dont will protect anything, I will release the source and you can do your best or anything else.

After release I can update the source and add extra features, but I am planning to recode the whole project under a more safty language, or move nearly everything to the serverside, thats the two possible way of this project.

I am thinking about QT but who knows. I am talking with some developer at the moment and than I will see which solution is the best.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I call it ultimate, because of the features, not because of anything else.

Dear jackbot, let me ask you how will you create a designed form in c++?
Beucase if you add any windows form into your c++ application, than you cant encrypt. (Maybe QT I dont know...)

Maybe the best way to make it if you are using windows form C# or vb.net with C++ dll, and you ecrypt it.

Btw, eazfuscator is good againts random guys. Ofc we can talk about cracking, but everything is crackable on the world so I dont think it will be the biggest problem of this project.

If features are done, than I can try to recode it on a "safer" language.

If you have any idea I am listening. :D

Try c++ win32 GUI (create gui from raw code not windows form)

cMu

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Right so, I am totally delayed, I nearly broke my arm, thats why I wasnt active in the last days.

I need to finish some serverside codepart, because I deleted my old database for this project, so now I am recreating the LauncherCore db, which contains the hwid data and some another stuff.

And I need to finish the webserver side code, because I made it for ASP websites, not for PHP.

My website will be released too (db missing too... :D ), but it will be in another thread after the Launcher is released.

So please be patient, on this Sunday I can start finish this again.
I dont will protect anything, I will release the source and you can do your best or anything else.

After release I can update the source and add extra features, but I am planning to recode the whole project under a more safty language, or move nearly everything to the serverside, thats the two possible way of this project.

I am thinking about QT but who knows. I am talking with some developer at the moment and than I will see which solution is the best.
And you think this is great idea to use ASP? Do it php, it's better and most of the players know how to use at

Don't be afraid to ask!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
And you think this is great idea to use ASP? Do it php, it's better and most of the players know how to use at

Yes, I love the ASP, thats why I use it.

And as I wrote I need to finish the serverside code to be compatible with php too. Because now the webserver codepart is ASP. So I will recreate it in php too, and you can select what you want.

"Most of the players know how to use it" yep... most of the players are using XAMPP :DDDDDD, and its always make me laugh. XAMPP for web dev and testing not for live websites.... Nevermind, it will be aveilable in php too, and it will be compatible with any version of php, because I will create a very basic config for it where you can select your php version, and it will use the right syntax.

I am arrived home, so now I am going to continue the coding.

Try c++ win32 GUI (create gui from raw code not windows form)

Yep, thats what I want, I will use QT to create c++ app with gui. Because it has more solution to encrypt it than the c# app.

cMu

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Yes, I love the ASP, thats why I use it.

And as I wrote I need to finish the serverside code to be compatible with php too. Because now the webserver codepart is ASP. So I will recreate it in php too, and you can select what you want.

"Most of the players know how to use it" yep... most of the players are using XAMPP :DDDDDD, and its always make me laugh. XAMPP for web dev and testing not for live websites.... Nevermind, it will be aveilable in php too, and it will be compatible with any version of php, because I will create a very basic config for it where you can select your php version, and it will use the right syntax.

I am arrived home, so now I am going to continue the coding.

Yep, thats what I want, I will use QT to create c++ app with gui. Because it has more solution to encrypt it than the c# app.

XAMPP it's for testing ONLY
there is some servers that use Xampp for the mu server him self, so the website run all the time on the xampp, ASP need web hosting if I remember right, also (I don't remember but let's try) you need hosting that support ASP, anyway. Thanks for your work and good luck :)

Back