Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

C# vs Visual basic

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm thinking to make a program for mu online where you can edit BMD files and shops and monster spawn points and to create accounts and edit characters, maybe I will drop that project at some point but what programming language do you know C# or Visual basic or both?

If I will finish that project at the end, I will consider to make that open source.
So if I will finish that and give the source one day I want it to be written in the most popular programming language.

Don't be afraid to ask!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I am not sure you know programming... Because you ask it, so I think the VB will be your way...

But I prefer to use C#...

BTw you can use both, you can make it, but editing bmw files... its not that easy as you think. encrypt- descript.... etct

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am not sure you know programming... Because you ask it, so I think the VB will be your way...

But I prefer to use C#...

BTw you can use both, you can make it, but editing bmw files... its not that easy as you think. encrypt- descript.... etct

I know how to program in both of these languages and I already know how to read and write bmd files.
I just asked because I want to know what language is more known for the people here.

Upvote 0
Don't be afraid to ask!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I know how to program in both of these languages and I already know how to read and write bmd files.
I just asked because I want to know what language is more known for the people here.

This two language is based on the same.... if you know programming in vb, than you can in c# too....

I started with vb on nanolauncher and than I made stuff on c# too...

Nowdays I use c# because its more complex and better. I like it.

So I think c# is the right way.

Upvote 0
Back