Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

iff-files

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
IFF Structure for Card.iff is wrong. Corrected one here:

Code:
string Sprite2Name;
short U14;
short U33;
short U34;
short U35;
short U36;
short U37;
short U38;
short U39;
String UString1;
String UString2;
String UString3;
short U40;
short U41;
short U42;
short U43;

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
chreadie could you please post how long those values are? Some of your shorts are only bytes and others are 2 bytes. I'm still stuck on this.

btw, little size bible:

byte => byte
short => 2 byte
int => 4 byte
long => should be 8 byte (see definition for that one, some weird things are going on with this)

unsigned => same sizes (Remember: short 0xFFFF = -1, ushort 0xFFFF = 65535)

Creator of Code
Reaction score
The reason im using shorts for bytes is Java, if à byte larger then # then the value turns negative.

Im currently correcting this while adding write support, ill post back with more exact definitions when im done with this.

Creator of Code
Reaction score
Updated Part.iff and added spoilers around the different filedefinitions

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

Updated QuestDrop.iff definition

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Updated TikiPointTable.iff definition

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Updated definition for Skin.iff, Tiki*.iff

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here are the details of a clubest.iff

chreadie - iff-files - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
chreadie - iff-files - RaGEZONE Forums

Don't forget that the first 4 pairs in the file are the number of items in the file, and the last 4 pairs are just 00. Look at an existing one, and you'll see how the first part goes.

Can I have your Program

Please

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah this one is awesome. I wish BurningChrome would release it <3

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, that would be awesome. He would become the Awesemechr0me if he releases that one. :'D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Based on a 8 bytes line (0-7)in winhex (or other hex editing prog)
An item from Part.iff th has 64 lines
An item from Part.iff Jp has 67 lines

Last edited:
Deny everything.
Reaction score
We're talking bytes here, not lines (this isn't Microsoft Word, I mind).

What you probably mean is that a JP part record is 528 bytes long, as opposed to the 512 bytes TH record.
Since an item name in the JP records is 64 bytes long (as opposed to the 40 bytes in TH) and we only have 528 bytes, we're short 8 bytes somewhere in the record when assuming the record has the some properties.

Creator of Code
Reaction score
Based on a 8 bytes line (0-7)in winhex (or other hex editing prog)
An item from Part.iff th has 64 lines
An item from Part.iff Jp has 67 lines

If you open a file with FileXplorer it will give you the size of every item in the file. This can then be used with any normal hexeditor, in my editor if i select a few bytes it shows how many bytes i have selected. tada.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

We're talking bytes here, not lines (this isn't Microsoft Word, I mind).

What you probably mean is that a JP part record is 528 bytes long, as opposed to the 512 bytes TH record.
Since an item name in the JP records is 64 bytes long (as opposed to the 40 bytes in TH) and we only have 528 bytes, we're short 8 bytes somewhere in the record when assuming the record has the some properties.

Is JP newer then TH? if so it might be that they removed some unneeded columns which were supposed to be used for something.

Deny everything.
Reaction score
If you open a file with FileXplorer it will give you the size of every item in the file. This can then be used with any normal hexeditor, in my editor if i select a few bytes it shows how many bytes i have selected. tada.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Is JP newer then TH? if so it might be that they removed some unneeded columns which were supposed to be used for something.

The use of the fields is different, they have fields for Gacha and other stuff we miss in TH.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The use of the fields is different, they have fields for Gacha and other stuff we miss in TH.
Still working on it: but no i don't think so... the main difference like has said Chreadie is for the name which is longer.
Some bytes have also changed places.
I should finish cross checking with other part.iff soon.

Creator of Code
Reaction score
Ive noticed that by using my bitmask for item position i get different values for different characters items:

Nuri Shoes is 5 while Hana shoes is 6, anyone have any ideas?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do a cross check with other characters, maybe you will encounter the same.

Back