Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Item Positions

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here are two I've found out so far. (will be updated as more are found by me :p)

Position 02: Upper Body Cloth
Position 03: Gloves
Position 08: Shoes
Position 12: Glasses
Position 14: Hairstyle
Position 19: Tail

Last edited:
Deny everything.
Reaction score
Are you talking about the PosMask and HideMask in Part.iff?

Because if you are, you must not interpret the values as integer values but as a bitfield (meaning you need to figure out what each bit stands for).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nah, I'm talking about positions where Items are put on. (Like switching Dizzy Glasses with Sunglasses). It is in fact a bitmask inside the ItemID, but it is also individual for each type of Item.

Deny everything.
Reaction score
If it's in the type id it would be smarter to just post the formula. Things like that can easily be implemented into a program.

What you're posting right now cannot be verified.

The position items are put on is fixed due to the nature of the model system used. The only values of interest - to my knowledge - are the equipment type (which commands in which category an item shows up in the shop) and the pos/hidemask to force unloading other models that may overlap other models.

I'd be thrilled if you could explain where these values come from and where they're being used.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The Formula I am using is

((((((2)*power((2),(26))+[CHAR_SERIAL]*power((2),(18)))+[POS]*power((2),(13)))+[GROUP]*power((2),(11)))+[TYPE]*power((2),(9)))+[SERIAL])

Which can be found in the Database in TA_PARTS_ACC. It has also to do with the type, group, char and serial. This formula can be used to generate new ItemIDs and I am currently looking into this. I do not yet know what Type is for, but anything else is explaining itself or can be looked up.

Example for Nell: (Nuri has no full suit, so I'll post this one instead.)

Char_Serial = 9 (Nell), Pos = 1, Group = 2 (Group 2 = Cloth), Type = 8 (this is a bitmask, the portion i do not yet know) and Serial = 101 (just an increasing number) matches the following Item:

S Black Cat Cloth (This is a Full Suit)

Back