Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Pangya! To-Do List

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
To-Do List
(Last Update: 2011-04-04)

The point of this thread is to have a central collection of ideas regarding missing features, things that need investigation and nice-to-haves. Please note that the points here do not represent the things the community is working on, it's a simple list of outstanding problems and reoccuring ideas.

• Documentation & Tutorials

Having lots of tables and a plethora of options is not a problem as long as we have a somewhat usable documentation in our hands.

Ideas for documentation points:
    - Table layout
    - Server commands

Ideas for tutorials:
    - IFF editing for beginners and intermediates
  • Cadie's Cauldron defunct

Cause: USP_ITEM_RECYCLE is missing, needs reconstruction of the stored procedure as well as filling the necessary tables to make it work.
  • Server INI options

It might be worth investigating whether it's possible to put additional parameters into the servers' ini files and document the findings. Typing "alluseropen" seems so redundant, doesn't it?
  • Investigate locked GM commands

As you have probably noticed some GM commands seem to be locked. Investigating the cause of this as well as the function of these commands and whether they can be unlocked and used would be of interest.
  • Trophies

Check whether tournament trophies work.
  • Events cannot be started/controlled

Event control is a black box. Although one can seemingly trigger some changes by typing "event" in the Login server window and/or "as <number>" in the Game server window, there is no way to activate or schedule events like Valentine stuff.
  • Document server commands

Pretty much self-explanatory. If someone has a lot of time and likes puzzles it would be great if one could debug the server components and list the available commands for the server console.
  • GMtool interface

Investigate whether the Auth/Login server provide a special interface for external tools to hook into and control the server. Documenting the interface and - ideally - writing a clean client.
  • Proper client repack

Since Diovannel2 posted QuickPatch, it might be a good idea to take the original TH client and add new PAK files to it (i.e. replace the fonts with the US's Arial/Verdana variants, add the English interface etc.) without causing all the interface glitches that mrNickname's client had.
  • Maintained server distribution

An actively maintained server distribution that can easily be updated would be helpful. It should not consist of a few randomly copied scripts from all over the place but should be specifically tailored to be a full package, checking existing databases and updating them, filling tables etc.​
  • Clean up the databases, apply CamelCasing for tables names

The databases contain a lot of unnecessary tables, ranging from backup tables to migration tables or account informations for other MMOGs. Cleaning up these tables would make the database more slim and less confusing.

Another nice change would be to rename all the CAPITAL TABLE NAMES to something sane (i.e. PANGYA_ITEM_TYPELIST to Pangya_Item_Typelist) to make them easier to read. Should probably be done in sync with aforementioned server distribution.

The following items were previously in here but have been worked on:
  • "Cardpacks do not open", see this thread.
  • "Tutorials don't work", see this thread.
  • "Mail does not work" and "/giveitem does not work", see this thread.
  • "Gauge whether guilds need work", bare-bone guild system has been implemented. Currently for developers only, this system fixes the database-side of the guilds to make them work.
  • "Treasure points don't work", see this thread.
  • "UCC (self-design) endpoint missing", systems done but canned after massive problems with the userbase support.
  • "Ghost upload does not work due to missing endpoint", Ghost mode has been fixed shortly after UCC.
  • "Buying furniture does not work", release thread here.
  • "GMtool commands", list available here but no clean documentation or server/client software to safely use the commands remotely.

Note: This thread gets cleaned up every once in a while to keep only the most essential posts. Please don't be alarmed!

Last big cleanup: 2011-03-07

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited by a moderator:
Creator of Code
Reaction score
Re: Pangya To Do List

When reporting a bug we need the server logs relating to the issue too.

Cadies Cauldron depends on USP_RECYCLE_ITEM which missing in the database, i have a prototype but its far from working. Ill report back when i know more about this.

Also i want to add Tutorials as a TODO

Creator of Code
Reaction score
Gauge whether Guilds need work or not

Its interface-files etc are in the EU client but not in TH. Also the SP needs correct return for MSG-Server to show members in list, im almost there but its hard to guess expected output.

Proper client repack

I have a working system for patches and english client, client is with some bugs which can be fixed thru editing the xml-files. Im working on this and the only obstacle im facing is: Can i publish the files without beeing illegal?

Maintained server distribution

It would be nice to have some sort of versioning system on the web for this. Or an ftp where ppl can upload their scripts, every night a script zips it and its downloadable.

Ill see if i can host such a thing.

Deny everything.
Reaction score
I don't think we should publish an entire client, that's clearly unnecessary. I was thinking more along the lines of additional PAKs that modify the original TH client. This also has the advantage of being update-independant and we don't have to distribute ~1GB of data when the actual patches are only ~50-100MB. I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to publish this material. Worrying about legalities is a tad late after using a modified client and using stolen software.

Since a server distribution would consist of mainly SQL files and maybe a few simple helper tools, I'd recommend hosting this on GitHub. Allows for automatic repository packing and you can track other people's branches easily. Not to mention Git is fantastic when it comes to merging stuff.

Last edited:
Creator of Code
Reaction score
Well no one knows im using stolen software unless i publish it :)

I did what mrNickName did, repacked projectg500+.pak with all the english files and made additional files with xml-fixes. Ill see if i can extract the english files and pak it.

On the github issue, thats a great idea! ill look into this too!

Reaction score
Quite an old thread but it appears there isn't any issues with posting. The link to the furniture fix seems to have ate it's self, if anyone has it still you may wanna re-post the thread and update the link. As others like myself most likely will need it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Please update "UCC (self-design) endpoint missing", development thread here, release thread here. again.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it got removed from the forum after a discussion.

Deny everything.
Reaction score
Please update "UCC (self-design) endpoint missing", development thread here, release thread here. again.

Download and support for UCC and Ghost mode will no longer be provided on RaGEZONE.

I'll remove the link from the task.

We had problems with a lot of members not reading documentation for PHP, a 3rd party PHP extension the script requires, or their web-servers. Debugging the scripts also required packet capture logs (amongst other things) - something almost nobody was able and/or willing to provide. The result was a lot of noise (PHP, web-server and permission questions - none of which have any place in this section) and a plethora of PMs (ranging from friendly but useless [detail wise] to unfriendly and rude), suggesting that this community apparently is unable to handle anything barely beyond copy & paste (as hard as it sounds). Since members were unable to provide us with sufficient information to give them proper support (we know it's frustrating if you don't get your answer!), this was the best course of action.

The tasks are still considered done, though. The scripts are complete and fully working. They're in wide-spread, practical use on live servers.

Tech-savvy members can still find download mirrors and shouldn't have any problems setting the software up.

Another note: The scripts are free. Do not pay for them!

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Download and support for UCC and Ghost mode will no longer be provided on RaGEZONE.

I'll remove the link from the task.

We had problems with a lot of members not reading documentation for PHP, a 3rd party PHP extension the script requires, or their web-servers. Debugging the scripts also required packet capture logs (amongst other things) - something almost nobody was able and/or willing to provide. The result was a lot of noise (PHP, web-server and permission questions - none of which have any place in this section) and a plethora of PMs (ranging from friendly but useless [detail wise] to unfriendly and rude), suggesting that this community apparently is unable to handle anything barely beyond copy & paste (as hard as it sounds). Since members were unable to provide us with sufficient information to give them proper support (we know it's frustrating if you don't get your answer!), this was the best course of action.

The tasks are still considered done, though. The scripts are complete and fully working. They're in wide-spread, practical use on live servers.

Tech-savvy members can still find download mirrors and shouldn't have any problems setting the software up.

Another note: The scripts are free. Do not pay for them!

Thank you. I try to capture packet from my client and my server but i don't know to make web script for upload files from client.^-^. Sorry for bad english. Please suggest if you have the web script.

Please re-share file upload.php.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you. I try to capture packet from my client and my server but i don't know to make web script for upload files from client.^-^. Sorry for bad english. Please suggest if you have the web script.

Please re-share file upload.php.

Tsukasa said he will NOT post the scripts FOR you on RAGEZONE:
Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Sorry. I find script on other private game server website ,but not thing found. I think it's share in ragezone.

Back