Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Application] FileXplorer

Creator of Code
Reaction score
I am yet to find something but the string sizes that tells the different files apart (US/TH/JP/ETC) but if someone has an idea pls share.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
One way I know is by filename recognition. But you have to open pangya_th.iff pangya_gb.iff pangya_jp.iff for that one.

Another "way" to do this is asking before opening "Which one? -Th -Jp -Gb ..."

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Suggestion:
================

I think your program is great, and honestly carries the potential to be an extremely nice tool package overall.

As I mentioned in my message to you though, I think there are some more handy features you could add that would just improve this program tenfold:

Find & Replace Function being the first, that would be very handy for finding exactly what you need, when you need it.

Select Multiple/Edit Entire Columns I think that being able to change multiple values within the same columns would be great, it would be much simpler to be able to skim through and "Ctrl+Click" everything you want to change to say "2", and then just press 2.

Copy & Paste You can Copy and paste as of now, but it is faster to just type, because to copy and paste, you actually have to bring up the cursor within the box, where as in a database, or excel doc you only need to highlight the entry and ctrl+c or v, its rather nice.

Anyhow, I love your program, and I use it regularly, those are just the things that would make my day to find within it:thumbup1::thumbup1:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
on this same wave of "find and replace" > set same value to an entire column.

Creator of Code
Reaction score
Suggestion:
================

I think your program is great, and honestly carries the potential to be an extremely nice tool package overall.

As I mentioned in my message to you though, I think there are some more handy features you could add that would just improve this program tenfold:

Find & Replace Function being the first, that would be very handy for finding exactly what you need, when you need it.

Select Multiple/Edit Entire Columns I think that being able to change multiple values within the same columns would be great, it would be much simpler to be able to skim through and "Ctrl+Click" everything you want to change to say "2", and then just press 2.

Copy & Paste You can Copy and paste as of now, but it is faster to just type, because to copy and paste, you actually have to bring up the cursor within the box, where as in a database, or excel doc you only need to highlight the entry and ctrl+c or v, its rather nice.

Anyhow, I love your program, and I use it regularly, those are just the things that would make my day to find within it:thumbup1::thumbup1:

Its funny that you mention excel because my thoughts the last few days have been to make a iff -> csv and csv -> iff program. This would let you use any CSV capable software to edit. Why reinvent the wheel eh?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
FileXplorer!

Changelog 0.60:

• Changed filefilter, now opens all .iff files that contain a valid string (any of the names in the main .iff file)
  • CSV import, tested card.iff with 100% accuracy
  • AuxPart wasnt displaying the last column, now it does.
  • More to come.

Version in download is still 0.51. Changelog says 0.60, have you not updated the download link?:?:

Its funny that you mention excel because my thoughts the last few days have been to make a iff -> csv and csv -> iff program. This would let you use any CSV capable software to edit. Why reinvent the wheel eh?

CSV -> IFF would be amazing, you have to watch for one thing though. For some reason, if I open the part.iff (or any other iff with a large file size) and I save the iff, or export to csv, it screws up the file. I did try your idea, and used a hex editor on part.iff, and it worked fine, but it took about 6 hours to rifle through the entire file line by line in the hex editor, so I think that the BEST possible fix for it, would be to find the issue with IFF <--> CSV conversion with in the program (although your idea of an external program is great as well)....This is an odd error, and it puzzles me, my only thought is that it is chaging the bit structure deep inside the core of the data, so in reality the data would remain the same, but the order, structure, and overall size would change...I am not 100% sure, I have not taken your program apart, or done anything other than bare minimum surface tests.

I did find this though, you can change the file extension on the iff file to csv right there in windows, and open it up, it appears much as it does on the "text" side of your hex editor, and then when I convert back by changing the name again, it works fine, so I think something is wrong with the "data write" inside your program, not sure why it works for some files and not others, the only significant difference in the files I have found was the size.

**Just food for thought for ya**

========Addition========

I just had another Grand Idea, I found a UCC Viewer/(Sort of) Editor here in the forums, I cannot remember without going to look who released it, but it is a fun little toy. Needs some brush up, but much like your program it carries great potential.

Anyhow I see a fair amount of people wanting to add Item Editing capabilities, and this gave me the idea, maybe you could possibly add the UCC Viewer/Editor, as a secondary function, bringing this one step closer to be a great universal development tool.

If you added the Viewer/Editor Function, as well as a simple script option to connect to the database and ALTER/INSERT values into "ITEM_TYPE_LIST", then BAM, not only can you edit shop values, client values, item skins, effects, and so on, but you would also be able to create your own items, add them to both the client and/or shop, as well as in the database....all in one tool.

" Do it...you know you wanna =P "

===========================
evilxeddie already mentioned that.

He was simply agreeing with my idea....not restating it

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great update man!

Is it possible to get an "Convert to <other version here>"
I guess the manipulation of iff file start to be more complicated when we import/export from other versions.

For example 2 tabs => Part.iff <KR> & Part.iff <TH>
copy line x to Part.iff <TH> (with the right structure)

That's really a big work. I tried it myself and still not 100% accurate.

codyx

Creator of Code
Reaction score
Great update man!

Is it possible to get an "Convert to <other version here>"
I guess the manipulation of iff file start to be more complicated when we import/export from other versions.

For example 2 tabs => Part.iff <KR> & Part.iff <TH>
copy line x to Part.iff <TH> (with the right structure)

That's really a big work. I tried it myself and still not 100% accurate.

codyx

It should be easy once i have the right spec of all the different files.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I can't delete any row... is the delete row function removed?

I am not able to delete any rows either, but if you know what it is you want to delete, you can use a hex editor to enter in dummy characters to remove the entry(ies) you are trying to delete

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

FileXplorer!

Requested Features:
  • Multiple row editing (Im thinking selected row + # rows, any other ideas for this?)

Rows are not so much an issue as columns, there is not going to be as much information "ACROSS" a row that will be universal in value, as there is information "DOWN" a column.

But if I were you actually, I would try something like mathematical/logical approach, and give specific minimum and maximum parameters (just for control and precision reasons)...something along the lines of:

Row'x'=< "selection" =< Row'y'
Definitions:
Row'x'...this would be the first row you selected (shift+click)
Row'y'...this would be the second row you selected (shift+click)
"selection" would be all of the rows in between to be selected as shown by the operators =< , and =<

That would not be the language script for it ofcourse (as I dont know what you are coding in, but that would be the formula I would use to work towards that function.

Back when I was in one of my first real programming courses (python scripting) my instructor always got on me about "Keep it simple"....computers think very basically, therefor can be operated the same way......just use simple math, all you need really is the first row, and second row, the computer will do the rest of the work

Columns would be a little trickier or well maybe not...

Select where colName = #selection
....or well whatever...but a wildcard is definitely going to come in handy here.... what language are you writing in? I can help more if I knew that:thumbup1:

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
excuse me,where is the version 0.60? The Dl link is 0.51~

Creator of Code
Reaction score
Just to get it clear, 0.60 isnt out yet. Its a version in progress.

Ill change the post to say that, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
pls give me the download link the link its not finding :S

Back