Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

IFF Editor for S8 GB

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
//EDIT 09. May 2018
New version: http://forum.ragezone.com/f513/iff-editor-s8-gb-1148355/#post8885620
##########################################################################

Hi @all,

I made a basic IFF Editor for S8 GB files for my own use, but maybe someone may find it useful.

edit - IFF Editor for S8 GB - RaGEZONE Forums

It will let you edit Part.iff, Item.iff, Clubset.iff and Ball.iff as well as Desc.iff at the moment. You can only change the basic things like shop parameters, price, stats, name and description. You cant add new parts or do advanced edits and it doesnt look amazing. It was simply build to manage the shop parts/items, and this works pretty well.

Its a single .exe file and its based directly on the winapi, so no runtimes are required.

The Editor expects to find a valid "pangya_gb.iff" in the same directory the editor was started from. It will directly update the "pangya_gb.iff" as soon as you press "update" on any item. No need to unpack or repack the single iff files, Iffedit will do that for you. You have to press "update" on any item you changed something. If you change your item selection without pressing "update" all changes will be lost.

If you find bugs, feel free to drop me a line.

Seddi

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this, your development is great and will be of great use to me and to others who also hoped for this
That's good, there are still people like that. Keep helping the next ones.
If you need help, let me know.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i exchanged the zip file in the first post with a new version. There had been a small "optical" bug and the incorrect ItemIds had been shown in the table.
I also added 2 more Iffs today. You can now edit Mascots and Caddies as well.
edit2 - IFF Editor for S8 GB - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I do not know if it will work there.

SetItem starting reading is 244

Enabled = Position 0
Id = Position 4
Name = Position 8
Price = Position 92
quantity = Position 213 <when you buy the memorial 15 + 3 in the case will come 18 coins and thats the quantity of next items
quantity_2 = Position 183 or 182 //I'm not sure

PriceType = Position 104

use this, maybe the positions will help you to extend the project

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thx for your help. The Editor is written in plain C. So I simply use structs to divide the data blocks. So I can access the entries directly without any need to deal with position numbers and can also handle 16bit and 32bit values directly without correcting the endianess by myself.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So today I have another new version. I added many more iff-files and also added some more fields to edit.
screen05 - IFF Editor for S8 GB - RaGEZONE Forums
The main idea was to make a shop editor to manage and tweak the items and parts. I tried to design it as safe as possible, so that you wont be able to break your iff file while editing. So I dont let you edit fields and parts of the files that dont make sense and/or are not safe to use. If you want to add custom or jp items, you should know what you do and have some skills about pangya and the iff files and should do it manually with a hex editor.

Im sure I will add some more features from time to time, but at the moment I think it reached a good level and its a powerful tool to manage your S8 shop. If you find bugs, have great ideas or simply some questions, drop me line.

IffEdit will look for a pangya_gb.iff in the same directory it was started from and will directly update the main iff-file, you dont need to unzip or rezip it.

Seddi

Attachments

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I miss where the pictures of the items are, good work!

seems to have an error:

Seddi - IFF Editor for S8 GB - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That means any of your iffs dont have the correct Version Byte (0xD). Maybe its your Card.iff, there is a Card.iff version out in the wild with a Caddie SSC Card which have a incorrect version "0x00" inside the iff.

Look at the fifth Byte (0x04) at your Card iff, it should be 0xD. If its not, change it. The pangya Client ignores it and it works somehow, but its still a incorrect iff so Iffedit cant be sure if its correct so I report an error.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, maybe it's really the sameshould be the saved version is not comparable with methods used for reading

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh, hard or impossible to understand that post ^^

Send me your .iff and I can look whats wrong with it. Im sure there is something not correct in it.
version - IFF Editor for S8 GB - RaGEZONE Forums
Here you see the version Byte, this must be wrong in one of your iffs. I think its the Card.iff, if you have the cadie SSC Card inside.

I add another version here. Its the same as above, but it will give you a more detailed error message and will tell you which iff inside your pangya_gb.iff has a invalid version number.

Attachments

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
na sua primeira versão, eu editei o iff e salvei, quando tentei usar o novo iffEdit novamente, acabei verificando que algo deu errado no iff salvo Eu peguei o iff original do jogo em si e coloquei na mesma pasta como o programa, agora funcionou normalmente deve ter algum conflito entre eles causando o erro de leitura

- - - Atualizado - - -

este campo será muito útil para edição também, onde contém as imagens dos itens
seu trabalho é excelente. Espero que continue funcionando :legal:
poderia adicionar uma nova função para criar novos itens, quem sabe no futuro você trabalhe nele

Seddi - IFF Editor for S8 GB - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No it has nothing to do with the iff you edited with the old Version. I check the version number on every single iff file i open, and one of them dont have the correct version number. if it works in the old iffedit, it is definitly one of the new implemented iffs. Im sure it is Card.iff. There is a wrong Version number in it.

Send me your iff file and I will look about, but there is definitly a badly edited .iff file inside your pangya_gb.iff with a corrupted Version number.

----
if you are interested to find the corresponding Icon, I can display the Icon name. I access the iff file with a struct, I have all entries my internal Memory blob. But I dont think ist really necessary to edit the Icon, if you maintain the shop.

Adding new items and deal with the mpets and create correct TypeIDs is not trivial, this Editor is more designed to maintain and tweak the shop.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can show what kind of ID is the item?each item has its TYPE, if I can update the program so that it is shown would be a great help for me

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Upped a new Version, no changes except I made it dpi aware.

Attachments

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello, i edited caddie.iff for make caddies available to buy from shop, but still cannot buy... any idea of why?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, i edited caddie.iff for make caddies available to buy from shop, but still cannot buy... any idea of why?

try updating the last pak 851, and try to update the "DATA" folder where you have information from the GameServer store

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a online pangya server, how can I update the iff files for everyone?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
try updating the last pak 851, and try to update the "DATA" folder where you have information from the GameServer store

already did, now they're purchseables, but Gameserver crash when i buy any of them (AHIME,CIEN, ELLY AND TORY) :_

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You must be doing something wrong.following the footsteps I said, I was already supposed to have achieved

Back