Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Patching Projectg to remove GG and update

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey

Can someone please explain us how to remove GG and update from a projectg.exe after an update.

I have winhex and ollydbg but I'd like a tutorial on how to do this.

Ty

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I remember this topic when there was a lot of talk about season 2 servers.. but i think its oudated now.. i used to know how to do this but @___@ now i dont...

yeah so i'd like to know as well ^^

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
bp on all MessageBoxA and run...
in breakpoint
change the JE to JNE
;D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
that's not what I call a tutorial but thx:ehh:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I just used Exeinfo PE on an untouched ProjectG and found out the related compression info, which its packed by ASprotect possibly the latest known version 2.41 that only OllyDbg has the script to unpack it.

Now i'm a newb to Olly but some struggle i managed to download the latest unpack script "Aspr2.XX_unpacker_v1.15E" which contain the 2.41 unpack.

The script is readable with notepad and from the note it seems to work with ODbgScript plugin... now i think i need a short lesson of how to use Olly plugin

EDIT: Just ran the process but is more complex then i thought. I can't even verify if the above unpacker script works or there's something else i need to breakpoint, something seems looping forever.

EDIT2: Well that's bunch of annoying stuff to do in Olly for the unpack so i used this tool, looks unpacked but need additional verification and edit to remove GG etc.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I used Stripper at the beginning but 99% of the time, it breaks the exe without restoring the EOP.
I use now a manual unpack method using OllyDBG + some other tools

P.S.: using PEiD to determine the protection, I can safely say that pangya is using ASProtect 1.23b4

Last edited:
Creator of Code
Reaction score
Any chance this unpacking method works on updater.exe?

And if someone would, i would like an explanation on how this unpacking takes place

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
not using the stripper, because all the code mess it .... have to do everything manually by OllyDbg + ImporRec + LordPE ....
And to know what type of protection using the PEID TOOLS ...

Easy Easy...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You still have the EU Client? Could you upload it somewhere chreadie?

Creator of Code
Reaction score
Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

You still have the EU Client? Could you upload it somewhere chreadie?

I downloaded it from

Deny everything.
Reaction score
hvdaedalus, if you're interested in the full setup for EU S4 + the latest patch just drop me a PM.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you please hex this client : it's a new version of Pangya TH

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you'll need to learn ASM at least if you want to unpack manually an asprotect exe.

We can't just say (example) : hit SHIFT-F9 (n)times, look for this and change to that...

Have a look at this to see what you'll need to do :

Creator of Code
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you'll need to learn ASM at least if you want to unpack manually an asprotect exe.

We can't just say (example) : hit SHIFT-F9 (n)times, look for this and change to that...

Have a look at this to see what you'll need to do :

Thanks, now i have something to do this weekend :D

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i use new striper, and succes for unpacking the ProjectG.exe, but how to remove GG with striper ? can anyone teach me. . . :(

thx to solve... :)

Back