Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial]Edit *.iff files (shop/items/caddies/etc...)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Sorry to disturb you with ny "noob" message...

I have a Pangya server just to play with my friends and I try to modify .pak files.

I unpacked, modified .iff, repacked, ... (I followed the tutorial) on the client. I copied the pangya_th.iff on the server and restarted it.

But when I launch the game the pangya windows open and close 5 seconds after...

So pleeease, Could you help me, me and my friends ? We would like fun server... :(

Thank you VERY much for your help !!!

Geoffrey

Deny everything.
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Sorry to disturb you with ny "noob" message...

I have a Pangya server just to play with my friends and I try to modify .pak files.

I unpacked, modified .iff, repacked, ... (I followed the tutorial) on the client. I copied the pangya_th.iff on the server and restarted it.

But when I launch the game the pangya windows open and close 5 seconds after...

So pleeease, Could you help me, me and my friends ? We would like fun server... :(

Thank you VERY much for your help !!!

Geoffrey

What patch-level has your client (what's the last official PAK file?)?
What's the MD5 or CRC32 checksum of your wangreal.dll?
What ProjectG executable are you using?

Does this happen even without you editing the PAKs/IFFs? If that's the case, your post is completely off-topic here.

Without more details about your setup there's no way to help you.

Deny everything.
Reaction score
Thank you for your quick response.

Sorry I forgot to give you more information, I use the Client Ver.582.02

I used this tutorial to install the server http://forum.ragezone.com/f514/v1-2-complete-pangya-setup-719617/

I don't know about the wangreal.dll, how can I check it ?

The game works very well without editing the PAKs/IFFs.

Thank you for your help, very appreciated !

No need for the checksums - if the game works fine without the modifications, it's indeed a problem with the modifications and not the game itself. I was just covering all possible bases. :)

There's something you can try here: Unpack an unmodified PAK, grab the IFF from it, unpack the IFF as well, repack the IFF and repack the PAK. If the PAK/IFF loads well in the game, it's a problem with your modifications to the IFF itself, otherwise it's a problem with the way you pack them.

If it's indeed a problem with the modifications made to a file, it'd be interesting to know what and how you modified. If the number of modifications is small, you can fix them by hex-editing - but if you applied mass operations to items, it's usually easier to start over than to fix each and every item.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, good idea !

I unpacked my projectg501th.pak, I renamed my .iff file to .zip, I extracted the club.iff, I opened it with FileXplorer and closed it (without modification).
I inserted the file into the pangya_th.zip and I renamed it to .iff. Finally I repacked my folder "data" and when I laucnhed the game, nothing worked :s ...

So the problem comes from my unpacker/repacker, my OS is Windows 7, I don't know if it can impact something...

Thanks you very much !

Edit: I just tried without renaming the .iff to .zip, just unpack and repack, and it doesn't work... I don't know what can I do now :s

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have the same problem with repacking..

are you using mkpypak.exe?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, I tried on Windows XP and it works !

It works for editing pangya_th.iff but not when I edit a picture, somebody have any idea ?

Thank you !

Last edited:

eds

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do I remove this message welcome~ in .iff?

qJKi3yr - [Tutorial]Edit *.iff files (shop/items/caddies/etc...) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
[QUOTE = eds; 8947703] Como faço para remover esta mensagem welcome ~ in .iff?

qJKi3yr - [Tutorial]Edit *.iff files (shop/items/caddies/etc...) - RaGEZONE Forums
[/CITAR]

this messagebox of the project itself has been modified to upload this message every time it is openedsummarizing to remove this need to use the kurama methods and look at the referent to that message

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back