Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial]Edit *.iff files (shop/items/caddies/etc...)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here's mikumiku tutorial on Item Shop editing with my edits and advives of X_Sarah_X and Tsukasa

What you need: WinRAR, A hex editing program, and a Pangya PAK unpacker/repacker. I will NOT tell you where to find these. Just do a Google search to find them.
  1. Using Pangya .pak unpacking program, unpack the most recent PAK file in the Pangya game folder. (IN CASE YOU MAKE ANY MISTAKES, MAKE A BACKUP OF THE PAK FILE BEFORE CHANGING IT.)
  2. In the 'data' folder that was extracted, look for pangya_th.iff (./data/pangya_th.iff). Change the file extension from .iff to .zip.(./data/pangya_th.zip) Ignore the warning and hit Yes.
  3. You will see that there are a bunch of smaller IFF files in the IFF you changed. Extract the ZIP with WinRAR.
  4. Use a hex editor to edit the appropriate values in the appropriate extracted IFF files. Don't forget to save your progress. (I would suggest to use the FileXplorer : http://forum.ragezone.com/f513/application-filexplorer-720000/ )
  5. When you're done editing, repack all of the files with WinRAR into another ZIP called "pangya_th.zip"
  6. Change the file extension from .zip to .iff. Again, ignore the warning and hit Yes.
  7. Overwrite the old pangya_th.iff in the 'data' folder with the new one. (./data/pangya_th.iff )
  8. Make a copy of the pangya_th.iff outside of the 'data' folder.
    Repack the data folder into a PAK file.
  9. Rename the new PAK to the PAK file that you originally unpacked.
  10. Replace the old PAK file in the PangyaTH game folder with your new PAK.
  11. Go into the PANGYA_SRV>Login folder and replace the "pangya_th.iff"
  12. Go into the PANGYA_SRV>Py_GameServer folder and replace the pangya_th.iff there with the new one.
  13. Restart the server or use the RELOAD IFF command.

source : http://forum.ragezone.com/f513/pangya-season-4-9-server-706704/index29.html#post6065044

How can I add new item with it is no in Th server?
Tsukasa said:
The basic steps: Get the record length, copy the record, append it to the file-to-be-edited, copy the resources (models, textures, sounds etc.). You need a good understanding of the IFF files (or at least some street-smarts) for this to work.

To import items from other regions you need to do minor translations for the values. If you don't have a program that does this for you, you'll have to correct the records by hand. You have to be wary, there's at least 5 different versions of IFF files in use for each file, so you better know the structure.

For basic operation and use it's sufficient to have the item data in the IFF files, for a lot of other features you need to insert data into the database, though (and I'm not talking about Item_Typelist only!).

Simply put: This isn't something you do between getting up and showering, it takes some experience to do this correctly and you better have your own set of tools ready, otherwise it'll be a lot of manual work if you want the items to work correctly in all situations. Study the IFF files thread, compare KR and TH IFFs... you know... work with the files. No guide will replace good old-fashioned hands-on experience you get from experimenting on your own.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How can I add new item with it is no in Th server ex. I want the item in KR server how can I add it to Th.iff server ??

Need to add item to sql or just add item to iff ?

help me please

Deny everything.
Reaction score
How can I add new item with it is no in Th server ex. I want the item in KR server how can I add it to Th.iff server ??

Need to add item to sql or just add item to iff ?

help me please

This topic has been discussed in varying degrees of detail a few times already, so I'll keep this reply brief. If you need more in-depth informations, please search.

The basic steps: Get the record length, copy the record, append it to the file-to-be-edited, copy the resources (models, textures, sounds etc.). You need a good understanding of the IFF files (or at least some street-smarts) for this to work.

To import items from other regions you need to do minor translations for the values. If you don't have a program that does this for you, you'll have to correct the records by hand. You have to be wary, there's at least 5 different versions of IFF files in use for each file, so you better know the structure.

For basic operation and use it's sufficient to have the item data in the IFF files, for a lot of other features you need to insert data into the database, though (and I'm not talking about Item_Typelist only!).

Simply put: This isn't something you do between getting up and showering, it takes some experience to do this correctly and you better have your own set of tools ready, otherwise it'll be a lot of manual work if you want the items to work correctly in all situations. Study the IFF files thread, compare KR and TH IFFs... you know... work with the files. No guide will replace good old-fashioned hands-on experience you get from experimenting on your own.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you want my advice:

Start off by learning to import items from a same structured iff.
Once you understand how that works and if you completely understand that, start worrying about iff files of a different structure.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello I have new question about adding new club set
I'm adding new club set in clubset.iff and club.iff and it can use in the server

But when I got Pangya it didn't show the texture as

How can I fix it ? help me please

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

PS. I'm not add club set in to mssqlserver
I think it is irrelevant.

Deny everything.
Reaction score
These effects are hardcoded into the game executable. You need a ProjectG.exe that "knows" how to associate a clubset with a custom Pangya logo.

Same goes for items that have special effects (like increasing the Pangya white-pixels, reducing wind, playing sounds etc.) and items that have special animation sequences.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh thank you

but can you do it ? Tsukasa

or no people do it

Deny everything.
Reaction score
Oh thank you

but can you do it ? Tsukasa

or no people do it

It's a somewhat troublesome issue. You probably won't find anyone trying it because the work involved simply isn't worth the result.

The approach of getting new effects by unpacking and modifying new TH executable has it's limits (585.00 can't be used because of the new login sequence and the IFF encryption) and adding new special items to an older executable has it's limits too, unfortunately (you can only replace existing entries, not add new ones).

People with vast amounts of free time could probably start working on an injector that hooks some of the game's functions and extends the special item lists of the client in memory. I think that's the most feasonable and portable approach if you really need it...

To answer your question: I don't do it, if I were to attempt it - I'd try the hook approach.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got some addendum to the guide. Since most people don't know, I'll share this little knowledge.

You might found out that the files have different attributes (Write Protected + System). I found out that this mustn't be left out.

Simple thing to do:
before Editing simply type into the command line pointing to the folder where the iffs are in (example: "C:\pangya_th>" <- this could be the prompt) (or create a batch file for this): attrib -R -S

After Editing it's almost the same. Instead of minus you use plus. (attrib +R +S)
Then simply rezip all files with winrar or any other program you'd like to use. There you go, a ~289KB file. I noticed a difference when the attributes were removed: the file had only a size of about 170KB.

IFF Files with improper Attributes will lead to a server crash!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
patch pangya-th new file
i cannot unpack.

how to....

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
niffalose read these damn topics pretty well before you come up with an already mentioned problem.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hallo i have repack the pangya_Th.iff and my problem is i can't find the rare items in item.iff can you help me please???

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i need a PangYa Iff Encrypt / Decrypt help me please.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's pretty damn easy, if you ask me :) I already have tools for it, but don't ask me to release them, cause I won't. Do it on your own.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The IFF encryption didnt stop me i just learned to add things manually...

example my exe doesnt support +1 pixel on cyber wings so i added a caddie card slot with a 4 star caddie SC now there better than fairy wings...

The whole point of a custom server is for it to be Custom!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The IFF encryption didnt stop me i just learned to add things manually...

example my exe doesnt support +1 pixel on cyber wings so i added a caddie card slot with a 4 star caddie SC now there better than fairy wings...

The whole point of a custom server is for it to be Custom!
I was thinking about it days ago...

I supposes that cyber wings already comes "carded". And is this cyber wings tradeable? Is it affectable by Card Removers? Did you inserted a "hidden card" on it?

Off course this measure will satisfy many players, but the majority? There's already a couple of blamers... Other way, this is a good trick to implement (as example) the fresh new Wooden/High Elf Ears!

Back