Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v1.2] Complete Pangya Setup Guide

Reaction score
For SQL Servername you want to add the following:

<SQL hostname or ip>\SQLEXPRESS (if you named the instance SQLEXPRESS)

so lets say your ip is 12.34.56.78 and you named your SQL Instance "PANGYASQL" your servername would be:

12.34.56.78\PANGYASQL

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
EDIT: Decided to start the thing over again and when I did I realised that I had missed a LOT of stuff that is most likely causing me many issues.

When I run the 'Bootstrap' Execution is what I get.

When I run 'INI3BIll_DB' is what I get.

When I run 'ini3_py_account' is what I get.

When I run 'Pangya_S4_TH' is what I get.

When I run 'Pangya Items' is what I get.

Why is there so many errors? lol Its crazy!

Last edited:
Deny everything.
Reaction score
EDIT: Decided to start the thing over again and when I did I realised that I had missed a LOT of stuff that is most likely causing me many issues.

When I run the 'Bootstrap' Execution is what I get.

When I run 'INI3BIll_DB' is what I get.

When I run 'ini3_py_account' is what I get.

When I run 'Pangya_S4_TH' is what I get.

When I run 'Pangya Items' is what I get.

Why is there so many errors? lol Its crazy!

A failing bootstrapper will result in non-existent databases, groups and database users, therefore resulting in the errors you see. From the output I guess you're using SQL Server 2005 (which will give you the LOGIN errors, from what I recall from the original release thread). Try SQL Server 2008 (Express edition will do) and start over.

are there any working clients to download suit for this?

See this thread. The MegaUpload folders gets updated on a regular basis to provide you the full client setup + the latest patch to bring the client up to par.

As an alternative you can try this pre-patched client (be sure to read the thread beforehand!).

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am actually using 2008 >_<

I have no idea why I am getting those errors

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I previously had SQL 2005 a few months ago while trying to make a server without the Guide and after giving up on that I un-installed and then when this guide came along I installed 2008. I think some parts of 2005 are still hanging around in the registry maybe, And after a reinstall of 2008 I can't even connect to the server!

Anyone know how I can totally wipe SQL 2005/2008 so I can start fresh?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
when I try to open the ProjectG.exe, "Please re-install the game or run the update program first" message pop up. can anyone help me plz?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well it fixed, but new prob comes..
this time, "An error occured while receiving the file list from the server." message comes out..

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

this time, "An error occured while receiving the file list from the server." message comes out..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It would be nice if there could be a guide on how to add some of the new fixes to the database since these aren't in the current release. For example... This: http://forum.ragezone.com/f513/release-td_char_equip_save_s4-720758/ (You also need to add a new field to the table...) and this: http://forum.ragezone.com/f513/release-usp_mail_send-items-giveitem-721247/ (You need to populate a table with some info)

This would be helpful for me as I tried my best, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks!

This guide was originally drafted to get users up and running with the basics; I'm not going to outline every single little addition which is released by the users. >_< A bit too taxing.

Now, if someone made another repack (and told me), I would rewrite the guide to reflect it (but pray it's similar enough that most could figure it out from using this guide once already).

I think there is some info about in on the first page.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi,I have a problem
when I finish creating the server,open projectG.exe and this message appear: "An error occured while receiving the file list from the server" :S
Do not know how to fix it, please help me :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,I have a problem
when I finish creating the server,open projectG.exe and this message appear: "An error occured while receiving the file list from the server" :S

Look through this thread; I think that's been answered already.

It means the client can't communicate with the server operations if I recall.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it works now, thank you :D

Hi,I have a problem

check the common beginner question thread. there will be the solution of your probs ^^

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I follow all the steps of beginner questions and still get the same error.
I have windows seven 32-bit

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The error you are referring to should actually be "Please update or reinstall the game."

This question has been answered (various times) on this forum. Please search for it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have a problem that i not seen in a Common Beginer thread
when i start gameserver_th_581.06_rel.exe then i get this mesage

terrorofdeath - [v1.2] Complete Pangya Setup Guide - RaGEZONE Forums

Anyone can help me ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
oh nm but can someone teach how to be a "GM" like how to send stuff, fix bugs, etc.?

Last edited:
Back