Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v1.2] Complete Pangya Setup Guide

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
oh nm but can someone teach how to be a "GM" like how to send stuff, fix bugs, etc.?

If it is not covered in the guide, then it is outside the scope of this thread. I'm here to help people get it running initially; things such as player management and other more complicated things should be sought elsewhere in the forum.

To the people with issues; I wrote the guide during my Winter Break and, halfway through the semester, I've forgotten the nuances and I'm not up to date with the apparent progress you all seem to be making (and I hope I at least helped get more people in on this). As such, I can't answer individual questions until I find time to play around with it again.

(@Tsubasa or other member I kind of know: If there's a major change as to the common method of installation [ie. new repack], send me a PM. I check that semi-regularly in the very least.)

Reaction score
We basically still use the same files (server-sided).
There have been a few bug fixes here and there, some of our active coders have even managed to get stuff like Ghost mode and Self-design working.

But your guide pretty much still covers up the whole server setup part. That's why we still use it as a place to redirect people to that have problems setting up a pangya server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a question. Is there a way to change the database UserId?
SA doesn't work for me, and i'm unaware of how to set a differnt username/create SA as a username in Microsoft SQL Server Manager
If this were done in mysql, and operable through it, or innodb, then I wouldn't have a problem, but I'm very HEAVILY new to ODBC, and can't get this to work
I'm only having connection issues after setting up everything in the INI's. The Auth, logon, etc. servers are unable to connect to the DB due to the username issue.
Please help, Thx
Dracconus

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you use the correct ODBC corresponding to your OS architecture? (Yes, there are two ODBC thingys!) I also got a similar problem, but I solved it by myself. The System DSN didn't work for me, but the User DSN did! (weird, isn't it?)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We basically still use the same files (server-sided).
There have been a few bug fixes here and there, some of our active coders have even managed to get stuff like Ghost mode and Self-design working.

But your guide pretty much still covers up the whole server setup part. That's why we still use it as a place to redirect people to that have problems setting up a pangya server.

Again, if anything changes significantly, lemme know. ;3

Pray I can get back into this after this semester and before my 2 month language study. -_-'

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
[Is the Common Beginner Questions Thread down at the moment? I don't know what to do with the please reinstall the game or run the update first thing. If anyone knows the solution, please share it.]

Please disregard the earlier post above, since I have found the solution for the problem I have encountered. Thank you.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
EDIT: Decided to start the thing over again and when I did I realised that I had missed a LOT of stuff that is most likely causing me many issues.

When I run the 'Bootstrap' Execution is what I get.

When I run 'INI3BIll_DB' is what I get.

When I run 'ini3_py_account' is what I get.

When I run 'Pangya_S4_TH' is what I get.

When I run 'Pangya Items' is what I get.

Why is there so many errors? lol Its crazy!

Man, check the odbc's database options.
Usually, this error occours when the login is different of the schema/owner of database so if u try, example, "Select A from schemauser.table" you will receive the table result and if u try "Select A from table" just, u get that error.

Check the who is the database owner and the schema on the respective table and leave it the same for all. :D:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am also getting the same error as GroGro in OBCD section, however, I get a different message when I try to run "ini3_py_account":

Msg 911, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Database 'ini3_py_account' does not exist. Make sure that the name is entered correctly.

I am also using Windows 7 x64.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can someone please upload ProjectG.exe and ProjectG_Offline.exe? Both files somehow disappear everytime I extract the PyClient_582.05-R1EN.rar.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm trying add itens to my acc, but don't find the directory "dbo.TSU_AddItemToUser" ...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it is possible that a friend can connect to my server pangya?
presciso help and do not know if the place is not Serto redirecionen for me please?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
which files should I use to open the computer game in each other
and almost the settings I use to play each other in the computer Serven
help afflicted with it already

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
error..pls help..

when i finished everything said in the guide.. then i stumbled into this..

just click the image see full view
install - [v1.2] Complete Pangya Setup Guide - RaGEZONE Forums

how will i solve this??

pls help..

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
geez, does anyone use the search in this forum? Can't be that hard.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
error occured while parsing XML ... whats the problem of that?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
On 5c Step i am having a problem that is kinda critical.. i downloaded the blank file, edited it, runnned. it opens all that is needed, but all the files keeps giving me an error:[F_ODBC] CONNECT 2: IP(PANGYA_S4_TH), Account sa, password iwontsaythepass
keeps appearing this error.
Whats wrong???

Deny everything.
Reaction score
castrolanda, did you setup the ODBC DSNs correctly? Double-check them and keep in mind that if you run a 64bit system you need to setup a 32bit DSN connection (see the Common Beginner Questions for more information on that).

Back