Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ascent World of Warcraft: Hardcore Server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been out for a while, haven't been making/developing/updating any WoW servers for a couple of months. Which means I fell behind, I don't have any experience with the new expansion, nor the new emulators.

Now about the new expansion, my personal opinion is that World of Warcraft, like many games, has become too casual. It's too easy for people to just play a few hours a day and wander arround in epic gear! So I thought of something new with some friends from school, well not actually new, but more like re-newed.

So here's the idea: I want to make a hardcore level 60 server, for people who don't like casual=easy. But now my question is:

- Is this even possible? And if so, what emulator and database could I use (best)? How am I going to set this up, securing no-one will get caught in Outland nor Northerend? I want to make it run on patch 2.x (default installation patch from WoW 5 CD-Install)

Thanks in advance!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
By "Hardcore" I thought you meant like on Diablo 2, you die, and your character is dead for good.

If somebody ever made that.

I would have to marry them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
By "Hardcore" I thought you meant like on Diablo 2, you die, and your character is dead for good.

If somebody ever made that.

I would have to marry them.

And what does this say about my post?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, Jyn it all depends on what you can get your hand on for 2.x regular wow... it wont have norterand(bad spelling =S) or the outlands because you wont be patching the game up =)

plus back then the game used to update after you login so you can use the loader if you deside to do this.

Back